Fiat Chrysler May sales edge up 4%, Best May since 2005

PREMiERdrum

The other table I provided lists overall fleet percentages for the same years. Multiply one by the other to get rental as a percentage of all sales.

And you have access to all the same data I have. Click on the "vehicle registrations" link at automotive fleet

Are you ready for the dunderhead move of the day?

I didn't realize the vehicle registrations was scrollable. Ha! I was wondering how you got the number prior to 2011.

OK, while the last two years of the C1 had a pretty large spike in rental sales (which I referred to in my original statement of the "last few years of the platform"), it's only around a difference of 5-7% total sales between it and C2 when it comes to rental (if the numbers are correct of course).

I'll somewhat eat this one especially since 2008 is exceedingly low (however I would consider 2010 on the verge) .

post-6726-0-73734300-1433369250.png

post-6726-0-73734300-1433369250_thumb.png

Edited by Intrepidatious

One should also note that the steadiness of Ford's fleet business from 2009 to 2011, when retail sales were abysmal across the industry, is not necessarily something that should be held against them.

Their success in retaining fleet volume in a horrible economy skewed percentages somewhat in those years.

How are FCA's profits? And why is Sergio desparate for a merger with GM? Surely the new 200 sales should be bringing in cash, right? And marking down RAM pickups too!

Can brag all day about sales #'s, but when debt is piling up, and new products are delayed or cut, there is nothing to cheer about.