2015 Edge 2.0L Ecoboost Gas Mileage

DaveJ

I'm considering ordering a 2016 Edge with the 2.0L Ecoboost engine and AWD. For those with the 2015 Edge and this engine, what kind of gas mileage are you getting? Are you satisfied with the performance? Thanks.

Edited by DaveJ

I am getting 25.5 to 26mpg all around. On a 300 mile trip using cruise control, 70% highway, it jumped up to around 28mpg. And that was in the first 500 miles. Fathers Day I went to visit my dad which was 100 miles one way, 55mph speed limits, and some stops through cities. Keeping my eye on the economy gage all the way I managed to squeeze 31mpg out of it. It is possible but I don't want to drive like that all the time. I was surprised by the performance of the new Twin Scroll Turbo. I came off a 2007 3.5L which I was very happy with but was only getting 20mpg all around with. I test drove a 2012 Edge with a 2.0L and was satisfied enough to try the 2.0L out in the new order. Now that I have it I think it has a little more to offer than the old 2.0L. It is not all what the 3.5L is out of the hole, but once you hit the torque band, which is not that long, it is very iimpressive for a 4 cylinder. The ride is all that the old Edge was, plus. I can't wait to try out the AWD this winter. ;)

Edited by Xbar

My brother-in-law has a 2.0L EcoBoost Fusion (same as the Edge under the skin) claims he get 29 MPG on the highway.

My 2.0L EB Fusion can easily get 34 mpg highway if I keep the speed under 60. The Edge has quite a bit more wind resistance though.

• 2 months later...

My Dad has a 2015 Edge SE with the 2.0L EB and is getting around 27MPG now, he was getting 31MPG for awhile but mileage seems to have dropped for him as the car gets some miles on it.

It might have more to do with the fact that we are getting into winter and the less volatile winter gasoline blends are starting to come out.