Lift Gate Opening By itself

So Cal Real Estate

So we got our 2015 Edge Titanium on Saturday and when we pull the car into the garage, and after about an hour or so, the lift gate is fully open. My wife had left the key in the car that day, while in the garage, and thought that might have been the issue. We took the key out of the car to see if that fixed it. It didnt. It has not happened while we were out and locking the car. Any thought on this? Dont really want to take it back to dealer............yet.

Thanks.

So we got our 2015 Edge Titanium on Saturday and when we pull the car into the garage, and after about an hour or so, the lift gate is fully open. My wife had left the key in the car that day, while in the garage, and thought that might have been the issue. We took the key out of the car to see if that fixed it. It didnt. It has not happened while we were out and locking the car. Any thought on this? Dont really want to take it back to dealer............yet.

Thanks.

Just a thought, do you have a cat or any animals in the garage walking under the foot sensor? Of course, with the key out, I wouldn't think it would do it unless the key is close enough to register as being in the car (they have the keyless fob, right?).

Yea, we do not have any cats or dogs and the garage is locked tight. Yea its a keyless fob. We have never locked our cars while its in the garage and I dont think we should have to. What if we go somewhere and we accidentally forget to lock it and the liftgate just opens for no reason? IDK, ill keep looking at the post and see if something comes up before i take it in. thanks!

• 4 weeks later...