big posting at KTP

manzov22

Just stating the fact that there really isn't a better job available....People with else electrical engineering degrees are making less than most of us. This I know for a fact.

Just answer the man's question, why are you so worried about why I'm not going to wait around for a phone call that might not ever come? Or did you forget that I'm about to be laid off (again) any day now?

Why does it bother you that he's looking for a job elsewhere??

Because he(Tier2) is a dweeb that hates the job he once saw as a great opportunity when it was offered to him. Then, after living the life of a factory worker for a couple years and felt the pain, and then realized Ford is financially abusing him with lesser pay/benefits, he is disgruntled and feels cheated. He hides this by insinuating tier 1 people are greedy and over compensated, therefore elevating himself above those he works with. I would bet he works his ass off and goes above and beyond his job duties thinking he will be seen by management as a better worker/person than those around him and that he is "needed" by them. He believes management will pity him for his diligence and work ethic and give him preferential treatment for his performance. He has probably realized by now that he is under compensated for the work he does, and due to his embarrassment, feels the need to insult those who have fought for fair compensation and currently receive it. And since he has come to terms with being under compensated while working harder(under his bosses desk), he believes anyone making more than him should gladly forego pay increases so he can get the pay increase that, in his mind, is more in tuned to what he is worth to the company. I have also come to the conclusion from his posts on other threads that his embarrassment for being under compensated, is met with his usual response to others that have voiced complaints or are just venting, that they should just be happy to have a job and appreciate what Ford is willing to pay you.

• Like 2

Just stating the fact that there really isn't a better job available....People with else electrical engineering degrees are making less than most of us. This I know for a fact.

You must be talking about low level electrical engineers that repair copiers. I know....for a fact....that there are electrical engineers that make alot more than we do. Do I need to remind you that even you have said you got paid more in the job you quit to come to Ford? I would think that is proof enough that there are better paying jobs available. I know your response to that is to ask me why I don't leave Ford for a better job. So, the answer to that is I have 4 years to retirement and it would be foolish to give up my pension and begin work with a new company at age 58.

You must be talking about low level electrical engineers that repair copiers. I know....for a fact....that there are electrical engineers that make alot more than we do. Do I need to remind you that even you have said you got paid more in the job you quit to come to Ford? I would think that is proof enough that there are better paying jobs available. I know your response to that is to ask me why I don't leave Ford for a better job. So, the answer to that is I have 4 years to retirement and it would be foolish to give up my pension and begin work with a new company at age 58.

An electrical engineer doesn't fix copiers. Go ahead and link some job posting here to prove your point. I'll be waiting.

Why didn't you leave for a better job 20 years ago? You've always had one of the best jobs around and you know it.

I'm sure you recall me saying I took a small pay cut to come here because I knew Id be getting a raise this contract.

Just answer the man's question, why are you so worried about why I'm not going to wait around for a phone call that might not ever come? Or did you forget that I'm about to be laid off (again) any day now?

You're missing my point evidently. I implied that transferring was what I thought was best for someone in your position. That way you are not waiting on a call.

You're missing my point evidently. I implied that transferring was what I thought was best for someone in your position. That way you are not waiting on a call.

Yeah, I'm going to uproot my entire life, everything I've ever known, my entire family for a job and I'm not even going to be compensated for moving? Not to mention finding a place to live on short notice, coming up with a deposit, because face it, no matter what there's going to be some kind of down payment on any kind of housing. Then there's my wife to consider. I don't want to leave my family, who I'm admittedly not super close to, and she's really close to her family. Am I really going to make her go through that?

Dream on. I'd rather stick out this temporary assignment and have options open where my future is in my own hands rather than a company who is blatantly trying to take advantage of me (see: situation I'm in now; the whole FRAP overtime issue) and the UAW organization, where I've been told I don't matter, and if there's a measurement of how little I trust them, I dare you to find it. Even if I do get a call back, or this temporary assignment becomes permanent, I still might tell everyone to fuck off and go a different route with my life.

Get off your high horse and quit talking down to everyone. It's people like you that make people hate auto workers, or make people think we are all a bunch if sniveling crybabies. Sure, those types of slugs are out there, but they are for sure in the minority.

Seriously, kindly fuck off.

• Like 2

This was a triple post, but on second thought I have more to add

This contract will weigh heavily on what I do next. I'm quite sure I'm not the only one either. And both the union and Ford better hope I don't somehow wind up with a reporter in my face during this contract stuff, because neither will like my responses to their questions.

I know this turned into a cry-fest for me. Oh well. I've been wanting to get a lot of this off my chest for a while.

Edited by fuzzymoomoo

Yeah, I'm going to uproot my entire life, everything I've ever known, my entire family for a job and I'm not even going to be compensated for moving? Not to mention finding a place to live on short notice, coming up with a deposit, because face it, no matter what there's going to be some kind of down payment on any kind of housing. Then there's my wife to consider. I don't want to leave my family, who I'm admittedly not super close to, and she's really close to her family. Am I really going to make her go through that?

Dream on. I'd rather stick out this temporary assignment and have options open where my future is in my own hands rather than a company who is blatantly trying to take advantage of me (see: situation I'm in now; the whole FRAP overtime issue) and the UAW organization, where I've been told I don't matter, and if there's a measurement of how little I trust them, I dare you to find it. Even if I do get a call back, or this temporary assignment becomes permanent, I still might tell everyone to fuck off and go a different route with my life.

Get off your high horse and quit talking down to everyone. It's people like you that make people hate auto workers, or make people think we are all a bunch if sniveling crybabies. Sure, those types of slugs are out there, but they are for sure in the minority.

Seriously, kindly fuck off.

That's understandable and for the record relocation benefits for Tier 2 should be added this contract.

Actually people like me will hopefully change the public opinion of the UAW in the future. I'm not selfish or greedy. I've been on a record as saying move ALL Tier 2 up to around $25/hr with a 401k match, that is far from greedy. My seniority would bump me up to Tier 1 in no time, but I'd rather eliminate the cap and take a little less so no Tier 2 is stuck in the bottom percentage for years.

Edited by Tier2

That's understandable and for the record relocation benefits for Tier 2 should be added this contract.

Actually people like me will hopefully change the public opinion of the UAW in the future. I'm not selfish or greedy. I've been on a record as saying move ALL Tier 2 up to around $25/hr with a 401k match, that is far from greedy. My seniority would bump me up to Tier 1 in no time, but I'd rather eliminate the cap and take a little less so no Tier 2 is stuck in the bottom percentage for years.

Once again why does it bother you that fuzzy is seeking work elsewhere??

Because he(Tier2) is a dweeb that hates the job he once saw as a great opportunity when it was offered to him. Then, after living the life of a factory worker for a couple years and felt the pain, and then realized Ford is financially abusing him with lesser pay/benefits, he is disgruntled and feels cheated. He hides this by insinuating tier 1 people are greedy and over compensated, therefore elevating himself above those he works with. I would bet he works his ass off and goes above and beyond his job duties thinking he will be seen by management as a better worker/person than those around him and that he is "needed" by them. He believes management will pity him for his diligence and work ethic and give him preferential treatment for his performance. He has probably realized by now that he is under compensated for the work he does, and due to his embarrassment, feels the need to insult those who have fought for fair compensation and currently receive it. And since he has come to terms with being under compensated while working harder(under his bosses desk), he believes anyone making more than him should gladly forego pay increases so he can get the pay increase that, in his mind, is more in tuned to what he is worth to the company. I have also come to the conclusion from his posts on other threads that his embarrassment for being under compensated, is met with his usual response to others that have voiced complaints or are just venting, that they should just be happy to have a job and appreciate what Ford is willing to pay you.

Best. Post. Ever.

Once again why does it bother you that fuzzy is seeking work elsewhere??

Once again I stated that I thought people in his position would be better off by transferring. I could care less if he quit and worked at McDonalds. All I'm saying is a quick search of job postings will tell you that most of us make decent money, some (Tier 1), make very good money compared to what else is available.

Edited by Tier2

I've stated many times I knew what I was getting into and also knew that I would be getting a raise this year. Thanks for the laugh with the word "dweeb" as I haven't heard that used in about 25 years.

How many jobs in Michigan pay half of what you make now? Throwing the irons is probably a bad choice.

Nurse, Electrician, Machinist, plumber, pipe fitter, commercial carpenter, residential trim carpenter, drywall finisher, network technician, engineer, boiler operator....you get the point.

There are better jobs out there, just depends on what you want.

Edited by caustic

I've stated many times I knew what I was getting into and also knew that I would be getting a raise this year. Thanks for the laugh with the word "dweeb" as I haven't heard that used in about 25 years.

No, you did not know you were getting a raise. You assumed, hoped, wished, but you did not know.

You're as useful as a suitcase on a submarine.

• Like 1

Nurse, Electrician, Machinist, plumber, pipe fitter, commercial carpenter, residential trim carpenter, drywall finisher, network technician, engineer, boiler operator....you get the point.

There are better jobs out there, just depends on what you want.

Negative on the plumber, carpenter and drywall finisher.

You are forgetting the 401k contribution and no insurance premium. All of the above pay a premium and get no 401k contribution.

Edited by Tier2

Negative on the plumber, carpenter and drywall finisher.

You are forgetting the 401k contribution and no insurance premium. All of the above pay a premium and get no 401k contribution.

Hmm that's funny I was a residential carpenter for years and my boss paid for my health insurance, he did not match a 401k though(most employers don't anymore).

So stop assuming you know everything dipshit.

I also know a guy they runs a demo/remodel crew, all 13 of his guys have fully paid medical(after 90 working days) and kick in 40% of the cost of their dental and optical(after 12 months). No 401k though.

God you're such a meathead.

• Like 1

Once again I stated that I thought people in his position would be better off by transferring. I could care less if he quit and worked at McDonalds. All I'm saying is a quick search of job postings will tell you that most of us make decent money, some (Tier 1), make very good money compared to what else is available.

How can you say that "people in his his position would be better off transferring " without knowing his personal situation and others like him. Zero moving allowance, if he owns his home and not only would have to try and sell it, along with that having to still make a house payment on the home he's trying to sell but on another one he'd be moving into even if it was just an apartment. What if he's married with kids, then there's more problems too. Its not so easy to up and move, a lot goes into it.

• Like 1

And once again WE. CANT. TRANSFER.

And don't tell me how much better off I would be by moving out of state when they open transfers to MAP entry level who are on layoff. That's a joke and quite frankly, insulting. You don't know me or my situation, so stop acting like the smartest person in the room.

And once again WE. CANT. TRANSFER.

And don't tell me how much better off I would be by moving out of state when they open transfers to MAP entry level who are on layoff. That's a joke and quite frankly, insulting. You don't know me or my situation, so stop acting like the smartest person in the room.

After all is said and done with the contract don't be surprised if you end up back at the plant you started at, if that's MAP that's probably where u will go back too