Where is the pension raise for legacy employees?

hotcarl

I see a 50% plus raise for tier 2 401k pension. Company contribution goes from 4% to 6.4%. I see nothing aded to the the defined pension for legacy employees. When was the last time there was a raise for our pension? Two or three contracts ago? I can't remember. I don't see two tier voting for us a pension raise in any future contracts as their numbers increase. If we don't get a raise to this this contract I doubt that we ever will. Say as a legacy employee you retire in 10 years, that means that you will retire with the same exact amount of lifetime monthly benefits that a guy who retired 20 years prior to you receives. Think about that.

• Like 1

I was once so naive, that I voted for contracts that diverted potential instant gratification to retiree benefits. Sadly, I thought we would continue to trust the system and that it would be there for us after a full career.

I thought that I could trust, first the company, then later, the Union, with ensuring the benefits we paid for with our votes for those contracts and concessions, would always result in a fully funded, inflation and Cost Of Living adjusted retirement.

Alas, it seems we are doomed to become, "Pay me now, and I don't care what you promise for tomorrow" kinds of people. And I lower my head and shake it back and forth in disbelief.

• Like 1

I was once so naive, that I voted for contracts that diverted potential instant gratification to retiree benefits. Sadly, I thought we would continue to trust the system and that it would be there for us after a full career.

I thought that I could trust, first the company, then later, the Union, with ensuring the benefits we paid for with our votes for those contracts and concessions, would always result in a fully funded, inflation and Cost Of Living adjusted retirement.

Alas, it seems we are doomed to become, "Pay me now, and I don't care what you promise for tomorrow" kinds of people. And I lower my head and shake it back and forth in disbelief.

You are right!!

Pay me now, so I can invest it now, and retire when my time comes!

Take the money and run , every man for themselves !

Vote Yes!!!

And that's exactly why not having a pension doesn't bother me. I don't trust that it will still be there in 30 years.

You are right!!

Pay me now, so I can invest it now, and retire when my time comes!

Take the money and run , every man for themselves !

Vote Yes!!!

And the "PAY ME NOW" signing bonus also got us the 2-tier system we are subsidizing today.

Always said $8000 and my brothers and sisters would sell each other to a sex slave trade arrangement, and their mother, too, for a new jet ski.

These folks don't get it, Ford is being very generous seeing they only made over 8 plus billion last year, it's not like they made 10 billion, if your wanting something better I would suggest moving to West Virginia and trying to get on at Toyota where you can work for a non union company that don't give you a $8500 signing bonus to accept a raise!

These folks don't get it, Ford is being very generous seeing they only made over 8 plus billion last year, it's not like they made 10 billion, if your wanting something better I would suggest moving to West Virginia and trying to get on at Toyota where you can work for a non union company that don't give you a $8500 signing bonus to accept a raise!

No but inside 3 years at Toyota you would make more than a 5 year worker at Ford.

Race to the bottom and useless scumbags like lilcuntry love it that way.

No but inside 3 years at Toyota you would make more than a 5 year worker at Ford.

Race to the bottom and useless scumbags like lilcuntry love it that way.

You gotta get hired on at Toyota full time first, they hire mostly temps these days!

Know your facts before you contradict ME!!!!

Race to the voting machine to Vote Yes!!!

I see a 50% plus raise for tier 2 401k pension. Company contribution goes from 4% to 6.4%. I see nothing aded to the the defined pension for legacy employees. When was the last time there was a raise for our pension? Two or three contracts ago? I can't remember. I don't see two tier voting for us a pension raise in any future contracts as their numbers increase. If we don't get a raise to this this contract I doubt that we ever will. Say as a legacy employee you retire in 10 years, that means that you will retire with the same exact amount of lifetime monthly benefits that a guy who retired 20 years prior to you receives. Think about that.

$2.65 was added to The Life Income Benefit in 2007.