Now that Ford and FCA have embraced The Dial™, will it become an industry standard?

For many decades drivers have been accustomed and comfortable with floor/console mounted shift levers. You don't have to look at the shift lever, you know from instinct and/or experience what gear it's in. Unfortunately, every time an import brand does something different such as the rotary transmission selector the domestic brands feel that they have to do the same. Sorry, I diagree! Can't help but wonder now how many years it'll be before they do the same on the Mustang!

My 13 MKZ has the push button shifters and I acclimated to them pretty quickly except for one time. A girl was backing out of a parking place at a CVS as I was approaching and as I stopped she kept backing up, instinctively I reached for the console shifter and in a split second remembered the buttons. That split second cost me a front fascia hit by a 20 year old girl in a ragged old Jeep Wrangler with no insurance. I still love the push buttons but I still reach for that shifter from time to time.

The horn button is in the same place.....