Rawsonville

sun3

Anyone out there have any news about Rawsonville? All I see is that they are having an open house and they think that makes them safe--HA HA! That will also bring in prospective buyers. the wizard seems to leave this plant out of any info posted. Anyone?

Anyone out there have any news about Rawsonville? All I see is that they are having an open house and they think that makes them safe--HA HA! That will also bring in prospective buyers. the wizard seems to leave this plant out of any info posted. Anyone?

I understand that your plant is to be closed. I also understood that you should have been told that information by now. I would check with your Plant Chairman, asking this:

Have any plans, programs, or operational objectives been presented to you by Ford Motor Company, Visteon, or the International UAW which would result in Rawsonville no longer being a supplier of automotive components to Ford Motor Company in its present form?

I understand that your plant is to be closed. I also understood that you should have been told that information by now. I would check with your Plant Chairman, asking this:

Have any plans, programs, or operational objectives been presented to you by Ford Motor Company, Visteon, or the International UAW which would result in Rawsonville no longer being a supplier of automotive components to Ford Motor Company in its present form?

Well, since our great chairman hasn't told us, do you know a timeframe of when we will shut the doors?

the open house i believe was put into our last local contract.

and who are you?

goddard tells nothing to anyone. he thinks he is better than all and really does care about most of the members, ask him a question and he acts like you are really bothering him!

goddard tells nothing to anyone. he thinks he is better than all and really does care about most of the members, ask him a question and he acts like you are really bothering him!

he probably gets tired of everyone and their brother coming up to him and asking him, when he doesnt have the answers yet and im guessing doesnt want to start rumors that may or may not be true. things change all the time.. who really knows if the plant is going to be closing but the top dogs, and they probably arent 100% sure.

he probably gets tired of everyone and their brother coming up to him and asking him, when he doesnt have the answers yet and im guessing doesnt want to start rumors that may or may not be true. things change all the time.. who really knows if the plant is going to be closing but the top dogs, and they probably arent 100% sure.

Excuse me!!! He is the chairman PAID by the membership--too freakin' bad he gets tired of the questions!!!! He has the most corrupt local in the union from what we hear!

Your local is the most corrupt? Try some of the others and maybe, just maybe they'll give yours a run of the money.

Not my local, just what I heard. Are they really all the same??? If so, it is no wonder they are hated by the real world and despised by the members. And then they want you to vote only for democrats no matter who they are--makes ya wonder how this country stays free! I do wonder what the other locals are like. Are they really as corrupt as 898? 898 is well known for hiring strippers over members family members-except the 'family's family'. they really don't care about the regular wokers except for the dues.

Your local is the most corrupt? Try some of the others and maybe, just maybe they'll give yours a run of the money.

Just read your goodbye note! Don't leave the threads just cause you left the company! You are more than welcome, I am sure, to stop back and chat whenever you like! Good luck to you and yours!

IIRC, the company is only obligated, per Federal law, to give 90 days notice for a plant closing.

Not my local, just what I heard. Are they really all the same??? If so, it is no wonder they are hated by the real world and despised by the members. And then they want you to vote only for democrats no matter who they are--makes ya wonder how this country stays free! I do wonder what the other locals are like. Are they really as corrupt as 898? 898 is well known for hiring strippers over members family members-except the 'family's family'. they really don't care about the regular wokers except for the dues.

Local 228 sure seems they don't care either... "They can do that" "They(the company) can do whatever they want" :blah: :blah: :blah: :blah: Well when more buyouts come, those assholes across from the plant will be forced to get back to real work! Same thing about the union telling people to vote for UNQUALIFIED POLITICANS OF ALL LEVELS... I MEAN EXECUTIVE BOARDS, COMMITTEEPEOPLE, DEMOCRATS YOU NAME IT.

Just read your goodbye note! Don't leave the threads just cause you left the company! You are more than welcome, I am sure, to stop back and chat whenever you like! Good luck to you and yours!

SShhhhhh! Just be "Bored of Pisteon" is signing off doesn't mean I won't be back...KNOWHUTIMEAN?!?!?!

Edited by Bored of Pisteon

Excuse me!!! He is the chairman PAID by the membership--too freakin' bad he gets tired of the questions!!!! He has the most corrupt local in the union from what we hear!

what the fuck is with the "what we hear" and "i've heard" if you dont work here what do you care?

and he is still human.. are you telling me if 1700 people came to you daily asking you the same question daily, you wouldnt get burned out? and this local is probably the least corrupt .... from what i hear.

i saw him today in HR, he walked behind me patted me on the back and asked me how i was doing.. which was strange because "i hear" he doesnt care about anyone and is annoyed by everyone.

Well, he does take offence to every question that is asked of him. He has no people skills.

....beyond that...

We have a meeting on Wed. to go over the COA. It will be interesting..

on another note.

friend of mine told me today at work that 14 more people just came in and where in orientation, he saw them getting the plant walk-through.. his boss told him they had 75ish seniority..

Wizard, do you know? :shrug:

I heard Rawsonville was getting lots of new work so the extra help would be good! :happy feet: :happy feet: :happy feet: :happy feet: :happy feet: :happy feet:

we were TOLD we were getting all kinds of work, i HEAR they put a stop on bringing it here.

yeah, wizard do you know anything? or havent any big wigs thrown away anything juicy lately?

I thought that the air cleaner/carbon can department from Sandusky was going to Rawsonville?

All of this business that was coming, has been put on hold for now. We will know more after the Board meeting.

We were also told that the COP we were suppose be getting in 09 and 10 were not coming now.