UAW to collect percentage of Buyouts

BenFranklin

Local 919 Norfolk UAW trip to discuss buyouts

Late Tuesday, Kimmons and Ed Hay, chairman of UAW Local 919, did not return phone calls to their cell phones.

Another Secret Local 919 Norfolk UAW meeting

These UAW "secret meetings will cost the members a lot of money". The UAWs secret meetings continue to delay the information that the UAW will "Negotiate" what percentage the union will take out of each member's buyout.

The UAW never thought Ford would offer so many buyouts and the UAW wants there piece of the action. All future buyout packages will have a percentage deducted to be paid to the UAW.

Why else would the UAW be so secretive? You usually can't shut them up.

Late Tuesday, Kimmons and Ed Hay, chairman of UAW Local 919, did not return phone calls to their cell phones.

These UAW "secret meetings will cost the members a lot of money". The UAWs secret meetings continue to delay the information that the UAW will "Negotiate" what percentage the union will take out of each member's buyout.

The UAW never thought Ford would offer so many buyouts and the UAW wants there piece of the action. All future buyout packages will have a percentage deducted to be paid to the UAW.

Why else would the UAW be so secretive? You usually can't shut them up.They WILL NOT receive any money from the buyouts.

Is this really a BIG surprise? Union bosses have been skinning the members since the newsboys days. I know almost no READS a "paper" anymore, I know I get my news from the 'net, but back then how much did these kids make? Not as much as they would now, I know that for sure...

Why else would the UAW be so secretive? You usually can't shut them up.

why did you link those articles? they say NOTHING about the uaw getting a cut of the buyouts. the UAW did not get any money from the GM buyouts and wont at ford. you sir are a dumbass.

Jesus, The union wont get shit. Quit stirring the pot FFS!!

A lot of people read these boards and think everything posted is true. All your trying to is get them upset for NOTHING. Just because your pissed doesn't mean everyone else has to be with your stupid ass.

:slap:

People are having a hard enough time as it is to make decision wether to stay or go. Dont make it any worse for them with posting some bullshit like this.

I believe there are legal problems with the UAW taking a cut. Otherwise I could believe it. I am also sure they are looking at it to see if there is a loophole.

I do not trust them one bit and they will lie to anyone, anywhere. If they do take the union dues out of your buyout you will never get it back. And the local union has nothing to lose by lying because they are not concerned about be seen or elected again.

I do not trust them one bit and they will lie to anyone, anywhere. If they do take the union dues out of your buyout you will never get it back. And the local union has nothing to lose by lying because they are not concerned about be seen or elected again.

The union does NOT get any part of it. What will thay gain by lying to you? Most of them are in the same situation we are in, they're looking for a buyout or transfer also!

What will thay gain by lying to you?

You ask what would the UAW gain by lying? You have got to be kidding.

The UAW knows exactly when Norfolk will close and how many buyouts will be offered and the UAW would gain hundreds of thousands of dollars by "negotiating" a piece of each buyout.

You can believe them if you want but the UAW will and has lied to the members beforre and will continue to lie as long as it benefits them.

The UAW knows exactly when Norfolk will close and how many buyouts will be offered and the UAW would gain hundreds of thousands of dollars by "negotiating" a piece of each buyout.

You can believe them if you want but the UAW will and has lied to the members beforre and will continue to lie as long as it benefits them.

Who's lied and what did they lie about?

I think international knows something, but at our local...who and what?

I'm not saying our union is perfect by no means, but do think our local is trying to get a part of what ever buyout we do get?...even though other buyouts given to other plants have NOT given any portion of they're buyout to the union.....you just better hope you get something and be happy with it !!!!

Edited by fordnapworker1993

it is real evident by past post that BenFranklin is a person who only cares about his self. Not a union person all he ever does is lie and stir the pot. I think he must be a spy and would do anything bad to anybody he could for a buck. Dude get a life if it wasn't for the union not only would you not have a computer but you wouldn't have the education to use it. Its sad that your so selfish.

Edited by end of time

I can't believe some of the BS I read on here...... We as Local Union Leaders do not know when the buyout will hit nor do we know exactly when any plant will close.

Do you really think that Local Leadership knows? We know when Ford decides to tell us. Then as it has been forever the Union tries to deal with it and make it as fair as possible for all members.

If it weren't for the UAW you wouldn't have a buyout or GEN or the money and benefits you get. If you don't like it you can always just quit and go to work at McDonalds. See if they let you do the stuff you do at Ford. Who will protect you then?

And as for the Bull S**T about the Union getting some of the buyout money YOU REALLY MUST HAVE YOUR HEAD STUCK IN THE SAND..... There have been alot of buyouts paid out and the UNION has not gotten a penny!

As for the meeting in Detroit last week, I was there and there was nothing announced. It was all about what the Union Leaders from each location thought about the buyouts and what ideas they had about changing them.

AND THAT'S A FACT! WAKE UP WE ARE DOING OUR BEST FOR ALL MEMBERS AND THESE ARE TRYING TIMES FOR US ALL.

The UAW DOES NOT get any of our buyout package...........And, so far, neither do we......... :shrug:

I agree, what buyout? :hysterical: No percentage has been paid to any other U.A.W. member getting a buyout, so why now??? Oh, wait a minute, that's right it's local 919 their a bunch of crooks, they tell nothing but lies, their losers what else??????? But you know what the crew that was in there before them was just as bad and WORSE! So give it up Benji, its game over for you, us and them!

The union does NOT get any part of it. What will thay gain by lying to you? Most of them are in the same situation we are in, they're looking for a buyout or transfer also!

ACUALLY THEY DO GET SUM NOT SURE HOW MUCH I THINK IT IS AROUND 7000 ON 100 THOUSAND :shrug: