Bill Ford admits his automaker is in trouble

Hmmm, a few memorable quotes here;

"We understand that it requires extraordinary action, and we are taking that," Ford told Newsweek
So thats what we call the 500 and its redo, :doh: or the Fusion? :hysterical:

Oh, and my favorite;

Bill Ford also said he's willing to recruit people to fill jobs "regardless of the position." Asked by Newsweek if that meant "all the way up to your own job," Ford replied, "Absolutely."

Can you see this add coming up for CEO? Needed skill in refloating the :titanic: !

Sorry, Bill, but I figure the folks on this board alone have been spoon feeding you guys plenty of new ideas. If it hasn't got past the NIH dept. over there, its because you have a well know form of bureaucratic gridlock. There is no way anybody is turning that around with all the nay sayers trying to CYA for the fact the "better ideas" are coming from arm chair quarterbacks like us :bandance:

Edited by SysEng

I don't care how many people they lay off or how many plants they close, the fact remains that the market has shifted back to cars and Ford cannot sell cars at a significant profit like they do trucks and SUVs. How is Ford going to make money even if they sell a crap load of cars?

Ford needs to Forget building cars and figure out how to get 25 MPG out of their SUV's and trucks. That is their only hope.

I don't care how many people they lay off or how many plants they close, the fact remains that the market has shifted back to cars and Ford cannot sell cars at a significant profit like they do trucks and SUVs. How is Ford going to make money even if they sell a crap load of cars?

Ford needs to Forget building cars and figure out how to get 25 MPG out of their SUV's and trucks. That is their only hope.

Wow, that is stupidest thing I ever read.

It took him how many years to figure out things are messed up? Looks like this guy's a little slow :shrug:

That's not slow for the family.

Slow would be the Lions. A powerhouse in the NFL thru the 1950s, then Billy senior buys them in 1964.

Hardly made the playoffs ever since and I don't believe ever won a playoff game when the Fords owned them. And Billy junior was running them for a while and what was the result? Everything that spoiled kid touches turns to Sh*t.