Anyone else feel screwed?

TCAPGUY

Actually I think TCAP is going to one shift in the 1st quater of 2007.

That aside I will tell you what is bugging me. I read the section where someone with 30 years can take either $35,000 with their medical and everything in tote, or $140,000 to screw themselves out of medical. When someone is entering the twilight years of their lives is when thetypically need the medical insurance most. I think it is in no way in the best interest of the people that UAW is suppose to be looking out for to negotiate this option, who does it benifit? If someones spouse has a job who has solid benifits it could be a huge bonus but how many fall into that catagory? I say not many. So who is this for?

What if you work at the International and have your 30 years in with the company and the years needed to be eligable for the speacil retirement that they get in addition to us? Could those people take our retirement and the $140,000 and also the retirement with benifits from their years (5 years?) in the International UAW? I'll bet they can so now let me ask again... Who is this really for? Who really gets the $140,000? The people who are selling us down the river? I think so.

Fugghettabout it. Getting :censored: or being dissapointed is apart of life. CUT THAT CHECK IS HERE! We will be much further ahead then the Way Forward. Go GET EDJUMACTED. You can get total benifits of over 200,000 with the Etap package.+ degree in whatever u want. The people who take the 140 are already millionares. Why else would a 55 year old give up health coverage. I know I know their wife has coverage.

We had a union rep saying that Ford will move 160,000 jobs to Mexico and pay only $13 an hour for the jobs they keep here. Anyone else hereing these kind of words?

your Rep lied to you.

Moving that many jobs would mean many billions upon billions upon billions in costs to build new factories.

I know $100,000 is alot of money and that is not my major complaint. We have the same union as the guys at General Motors, do we not? Why is it that they were offered $140,000 across the board, but the only people at Ford that can recieve that amount have to have 10 years in and be 55 years old or have 30 years in. Why are we worth less than our other union brothers and sisters. Every major media outlet and business news outlet was saying for weeks that Ford was going to have to offer $140,000 or more to get the UAW to agree to this, but somehow the union has been able to agree to less. Just sounds a little unfair and weak on our unions part. Sounds like the UAW has found a way to short change us one last time on the way out the door. :shrug:

This is exactley why the union is going out of business. You think the world owes you something and reality they don't owe you jack. You should feel pretty good.. you have the opportunity at 100,000.00 you greedy fuck. Example...real world you'd pack a box and get the fuck out. Remember Enron. Christ it's a wonder we've lasted this long. Your 50% RESPONSIBLE for Ford's current condition.

It looks like our puppet union has done it again. Can someone tell me why someone 55 years old is worth more money than someone younger with the same amount of time in. What do they smoke at those meetings? If everyone could take the education buyout, we could hit ford in the pocket and maybe they would think twice about short changing us. That seems to be the most expensive plan.

Edited by stickman

No, business news was saying that ford would have to up the money over 140K, but they didn't. Ford really screwed up. They will not get the numbers to take this buyout. I don't think the union is to blame. I think Ford believes that the hourly worker is that stupid to take the buyout. What is ford going to do after only 10 percent take buyout? Have a second buyout?

There have been 3 already for certain plants. Some are awaiting number 5.

:shrug: :shrug:

Looks like you need the educational buyout. :doh:

Looks like we have a clown/union official on the forum. Ill be the first to say you might get a few extra letters like the s in expensive but you would understand if you saw me type. That doesnt change the fact that we are all getting the shaft. We need to figure a way to turn it around and give them a little of it.

Edited by stickman

I know $100,000 is alot of money and that is not my major complaint. We have the same union as the guys at General Motors, do we not? Why is it that they were offered $140,000 across the board, but the only people at Ford that can recieve that amount have to have 10 years in and be 55 years old or have 30 years in. Why are we worth less than our other union brothers and sisters. Every major media outlet and business news outlet was saying for weeks that Ford was going to have to offer $140,000 or more to get the UAW to agree to this, but somehow the union has been able to agree to less. Just sounds a little unfair and weak on our unions part. Sounds like the UAW has found a way to short change us one last time on the way out the door. :shrug:

The union didn't want them to offer 140k because alot of people would have signed up and we all know its about head counts!!!!!!! They need to pay for there matching shirts some how!

last time i heard it was ford and the uaw members not caw members so check the facts before you start talking. Im sure your union boss is going to get you guys something so let us bitch in peace. Remember this Ford best customers are its employees and their families. enuff said!!!!

It is not that you are worth less, it is that we are more expensive to the company, so they upped the ante to try to get rid of the liability of additional 'legacy costs' (benefits) which they will acquire after we retire. We won't be producing anything for them, so we will be a 100% liability. As we age, we are more likely to need more medical care than younger folks. Also, anyone who doesn't take the deals offered, young or old, will have their benefits renegotiated in future contracts; it will be unfinished business. These are scary times.

It would seem an easy decision, one should keep these benefits that we now have rather than selling them. Buying insurance is a lot more expensive when you are older and if you have pre-existing conditions, you are in trouble. But, how secure are our benefits? They could be changed or lost at some point in the future and we would have no control over that, as current retirees learned in the last contract when we betrayed them. And this 'offer' further divides us, insuring the liklihood of future betrayals. It is a win-win situation for somebody, but it surely isn't us. You didn't really think they offered us more because they liked us better... Everything is coming down to the bottom line.

How wise is it to trust Ford with both our pensions and healthcare? That is the (gross) 105k question.

This is exactley why the union is going out of business. You think the world owes you something and reality they don't owe you jack. You should feel pretty good.. you have the opportunity at 100,000.00 you greedy fuck. Example...real world you'd pack a box and get the fuck out. Remember Enron. Christ it's a wonder we've lasted this long. Your 50% RESPONSIBLE for Ford's current condition.

First of all you sorry piece of shit learn to read. I said I know it is a lot of money, but think it is a little shitty that we are not getting the $140,000 offer GM got. The world does not owe me shit you cock sucker. I earned that $100,000 buy out by busting my ass for this fucking company. My surgically repaired shoulder earned more then the fucking $100,000. I got by just fine before ford and will do just fine after ford fuck head. You are probably one of these whining, ass kissing, pricks at work that would work 2 or 3 jobs just to make yourself look good if they asked, while fucking your co-workers when they are adding work to their jobs. You sound like a cry baby who has relied on ford for everything and now you don't know what your are going to do because you are to fucking stupid to go out and educate yourself. We'll see who thinks the world owes them something when you are crying because your unemployment ran out and you don't know what you are going to do. Good luck BROTHER!

post-24379-1158784216.gif

GM's deal never gave $140,000 across the board, only to those with more than 10 years.

Here is the part from the GM buyout:

Under the plan, certain employees will be offered a $35,000 lump-sum payment to retire and 5,000 UAW-represented employees at Delphi will be able to return to GM through the end of September 2007, Delphi said.

Workers with a minimum of 10 years service at either company will be offered buyouts of $140,000, as well as accrued pension benefits, but would forgo all other benefits. Workers with less than 10 years have access to a $70,000 buyout, the UAW said.

The plan will be offered immediately and is a critical part of GM’s plan to cut 30,000 U.S. jobs by 2008 and Delphi’s effort to emerge from bankruptcy next year. It also greatly reduces the chance of a strike at Delphi, which would hamper GM immediately.

The thing is that they are putting an age limit on the 140000 where GM didn't and thats just plain wrong. So if you have 13 yrs but arent that old you still get downgraded.

they will change the language but GEN will still be there---thats a promise!

Don't bet the farm or your buy out check on that promise there, jm. GEN pool will be the FIRST thing on the chopping block. Ford can no longer afford a paying a bunch of people for that just in case crap. It is way cheaper to bring in TPT's or hire new people in on a 2-tier pay scale for like 13 bucks an hour. GEN is a thing of the 70's and 80's. like shag carpet and mullets (nice hair markie!!)

:happy feet: