Ford sets out to slash 600 dealers

Thanks Richie I knew there might be a couple other widgets in there. Still nothing that comes close to the 5 grand markup though.

ebritt had it right.

The aftermarket industry has gotten very good at what they do. A well engineered , easily installed set of upgrades can turn a regular Mustang in a real firebreather.

Buying the Shelby really is just all about buying the name.

Except that a C Class Benz really is cool and a repainted Mustang GT with a couple suspension parts a paint job and an exhaust system is just a knock off hack job that you get ripped off for. I'll take the C Class thank you.

This thing is 'cool'?

Engine

Standard Engine

2.5L V6

Standard Transmission

6 Speed Manual

Cylinders

Horsepower @ RPM

201@6200

Fuel Economy Cty/Hwy

21 / 29

Combined Fuel Economy

EPA Class

Compact

Number of Valves

Torque @ RPM

181@2700 (foot/lbs)

Fuel Type/System

Gas Engine / Sequential Electronic Fuel Injected

Turbo (yes/no)

No

Overdrive Transmission

Yes

Battery Output

N/A

Compression

Displacement

2496 / 152

Bore X Stroke

NLxNL

Cruising Range

Final Drive Gear Ratio Opt

N/A

Power To Weight Ratio

N/A

Final Drive Ratio

Valves Configuration

Dual Overhead Cam/Twin Overhead Cam

Supercharged

No

Electric HorsePower RPM

N/A

Electric Torque Feet Per Pound

N/A (foot/lbs)

Electric Torque RPM

N/A (foot/lbs)

Electric HorsePower BHP

N/A

Capacity & Volume

Cargo Volume (EPA)

Cargo Volume (MFR)

Fuel Capacity

Passenger Volume (EPA)

Passenger Volume (MFR)

Box/Cargo Height

N/A

Box/Cargo Length

N/A

Box/Cargo Width (Wheel)

N/A

Box/Cargo Width (Wall)

N/A

GVWR Standard

N/A

GVWR Maximum

N/A

Payload Standard

N/A

Payload Maximum

N/A

Brakes, Steering, Suspension & Tires

Brakes (Front)

Disc

Brakes (Rear)

Disc

Driveline

Rear Wheel Drive

Driveline (Opt)

N/A

Steering

Rack & Pinion

Steering Diameter Left

Steering Diameter Right

Suspension (Front)

Independent

Suspension (Rear)

Independent

Tire Type

Passenger

Tire Width

Tire Aspect Ratio

Tire Construction

Radial

Tire Wheel Diameter

Interior Dimensions

Seating (Standard)

Seating (Optional)

N/A

Tow Capacity (Standard)

Towing Not Recommended

Tow Capacity (Maximum)

Towing Not Recommended

Headroom (Front)

Headroom (Row 2)

Hiproom (Front)

Hiproom (Row 2)

Legroom (Front)

Legroom (Row 2)

Shoulder Room (Front)

Shoulder Room (Row 2)

Seating (Maximum)

Headroom (Row 3)

N/A

Hiproom (Row 3)

N/A

Legroom (Row 3)

N/A

Shoulder Room (Row 3)

N/A

Exterior Dimensions & Weight

Curb Weight MT

Curb Weight AT

Ground Clearance

Height

Length

Top Type (Standard)

Hard Fixed

Top Type (Optional)

Not Applicable

Track (Front)

Track (Rear)

Weight Distribution AT (Front)

Weight Distribution AT (Rear)

Weight Distribution MT (Front)

Weight Distribution MT (Rear)

Wheelbase

Width

Doors (Standard)

Doors (Maximum)

33" of rear legroom?

Come off it. This is 4" less than a Focus.

The C class Benz is a crap car. For the price.

Good point Richie. In almost every review I ever read, it's always the 3 series that gets the nod. Every major magazine that I've read from Car And Driver to Edmunds all say that the C class feels like a poor man's E class. If you really want a sport sedan, wait for the 08 CTS, 3 Series, Is300, or G35. If you want a sport coupe that will haul ass, a good ol' Mustang GT will get the job done. BTW, the new Hertz edition is badass. I'd buy the retail verison if I had the money.

Edited by StevenJ

It wouldn't have mattered what car old Richie had picked Zana, you still would have taken issue with it. This is just more of your pathetic following me around the forum trying to pick a fight. lol You gotta get a hobby man.

Edited by Sixcav

Actually SIXCAV the Shelby GT is a combination of 2 FRPP packages and the Shelby body parts.

The track pac is 1 1/4 " lower than a stock GT and contains different springs, shocks and swaybars.

The handling is said to be way better than stock.

The power pac is a CAI, an X-Pipe, and a catback system, I am not sure about the gears, 3:55's seems to stick in my head. I'm guessing the 325 hp is fiction, dyno tests will most likely show 350+ at the flywheel.

A stock 2005 GT at LaMotta picked up 35 rwhp with a just C&L CAI and a Superchips XCT2 premium fuel tune......and stock exhaust..... I expect an X-pipe and catback is worth 15-20 rwhp based magazine dyno tests....even only 10 rwhp would make the total gain more than the advertised 25 over a GT.

The body has the usual Shelby scoops and grille and numbered plaque on the dash.

The 2 kits are about $2500-$3000 total from FRPP plus shipping, installation and tuning.

Figure about $700-$900 at a reputable shop if you cannot do it all yourself and that includes dyno tuning.

I would expect the body parts, and stripes etc would be at least $1000-$1500......

Wheels & tires/ don't remember what they are...I'll look it up later and post it.

So you are looking at approx $4200- $5400 to do it yourself and that would not incude the Shelby number and registry, nor the Ford warranty.

I fail to see where that is a overpriced deal for most people who are mechanically challenged.

I could do all the installation and tuning, but I would not have a warranty and a Shelby vehicle when I was done. Believe me I do this stuff all the time and I am willing to just get it all done and warrantied from Ford. In fact have ordered a Shelby GT as a daily driver, while I wait for my GT500 to be available at sticker someday....You can never have too many Mustangs....

I priced a Premium GT Coupe with all the options except the Mach 1000 or whatever that thing is called and it was close to $31K as I recall, hence my decision to step up a few bucks and get a Shelby GT to be different. It is worth it to me for 3K or so difference, but no one ever said I was rational about cars either....

It wouldn't have mattered what car old Richie had picked Zana, you still would have taken issue with it. This is just more of your pathetic following me around the forum trying to pick a fight. lol You gotta get a hobby man.

Here's some tips to avoid being a filthy little liar, sixcav:

1. Don't ever presume to tell me what I would do. You haven't the wit, the intelligence, or anything like automotive knowledge that isn't self-contradicting...in short, you're too dumb to grasp the possibilities.

Richard and I have disagreed regularly here for some time...but with him it's a discussion. With a profane little hypocrite idiot like yourself, it's like dealing with a spoiled, loudmouth child.

2. When you're not being the moronic prat I described above, it's just discussion. When you state within a day or two's time that "it's all overpriced" then agree the margins are very slim, your argument eats itself. You get defensive, then you get profane, and the inner moron pops out.

3. "Following you"...yep, filthy little liar. I'd already been conversing here, other topics in "FoMoCo discussion", various vehicle-specific topics, and in general all around this board. I've been here quite awhile, and have regular posts to prove it. Your statement, like so many of yours, is babbling idiocy.

Are you old enough to log in on your own?

I'm not even reading them anymore Zana, I got to the end of the first sentence and it was obvious it was just another silly little ZanaRant. Quit following me around like a lost puppy nipping at my heels. It's pathetic for a grown man to act like that. It's bordering on some sort of sick obsession. Get a life, get a hobby, get something. Troll around here and try to find someone else to try and pick fights with. Is that all you do man? You just log on here to try and start arguments with people. It's pretty sad. You must have no life what so ever. lol

I notice you "quit reading" conveniently when your points again prove to be nothing.

Quit being a wqorse filthy liar than you've already been.

I've been posting here longer, and am all over the site...following you? That's maybe the dumbest thing you've posted. "Pick fights"? Are you delusaional? You were already branded as "negatoid", been stupidly profane, and somehow ignore the number of discussions I'm in with other, smarter posters. When you're being an idiot, you get called out for it...and I wasn't the first to do it.

Gow long 'til the pathetic Def Comedy Jam language or the family member hacks continue? Junior High students everywhere are being deprived...

Edited by ZanatWork

I would like to see Ford close the doors on dealerships that are owned by people who offer more than just the Ford Family of vehicles.

For example in Cincinnati, You have some car dealers that have a Ford dealership and three miles down the road they also own a different brand dealership.

That's why I buy my vehicles at the little guy dealerships in the country!