2017 F150 Sport

My roommate just bought a used 2017 F150 XLT Sport 5.0 V8. I’m a bit confused, was this actually a trim? He got a great deal during this COVID time and he will eventually use it to tow a trailer for camping. He dislikes the colored seats (red trim) and lack of push button start. We took a quick ride yesterday, we live in Seattle, but the ride was excellent. Are there specialized shocks in the build? Second Ford in the house as we also have a Escape Titanium Ecoboost. 

207D630B-6832-45B9-8A75-071CAF202EE7.jpeg

3A0C4BF8-EBF0-441B-9E7B-0B0ABFC3D54E.jpeg

Sport was just a trim package.  It added bucket seats, console shifter, body color grille and bumpers and different wheels.  No suspension or performance changes.  I think it also has the special edition stripe and red accents.  You don’t get memory seats or auto hvac or leather or push button start on the 2017-2018 unless you get the Lariat.  

It should be a great vehicle.  I have a 2018 Supercab XLT sport in magnetic grey.  

14 minutes ago, probowler said:

Is it true they're getting rid of the sport trims/packages? I heard on 6g that edge and explorer sport are gone now, and sport will only refer to baby vehicles.

Those were actual model names.  F150 sport is a trim package.  Not related.

16 minutes ago, probowler said:

Ford seriously classified Edge sport as a separate model from the edge?  Ditto for Explorer. That's really weird of them.

Model was the wrong word.  Trim level would be more appropriate.  Explorer Sport was a different trim level than Explorer XLT.  So you either bought a XLT or a Sport.   As opposed to F150 where Sport was just an option that you could add to a F150 XLT.

1 hour ago, SoonerLS said:

Ford plays with trim levels and packages all the time. In the 12th Gen F-150, STX was a trim level (called an "Equipment Group" in the brochure) between XL and XLT; in the newer trucks, it became a package you could add to an XL. 

Wasnt FX4 the same way?

1 hour ago, akirby said:

Wasnt FX4 the same way?

Yes. Of course, that was more like harmonizing the packages--you could add the Off Road package to another trim level, and you'd basically get the FX4 package except for the FX4 badging (and maybe the FX4's headlights and taillights).