superduty order question

I am wondering if someone here would be able to answer this question  as my dealer has been less than forthcoming  to provide any build information .

I placed my custom order on 10/28 and received my Vin on 11/22.

My question is at the time of Vin is received,  is the build date / week actually scheduled  or can the build  date be still held up over commodity issues? 

I trying to figure out what build week my truck will be scheduled.

My order on the tracking website has not changed from "in order processing " since 11/22

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

8 hours ago, usedboxman said:

I am wondering if someone here would be able to answer this question  as my dealer has been less than forthcoming  to provide any build information .

I placed my custom order on 10/28 and received my Vin on 11/22.

My question is at the time of Vin is received,  is the build date / week actually scheduled  or can the build  date be still held up over commodity issues? 

I trying to figure out what build week my truck will be scheduled.

My order on the tracking website has not changed from "in order processing " since 11/22

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

The VIN number is generated at the time the order is scheduled and the scheduled production week is assigned. Commodity issues can prevent an order from getting scheduled but normally don't affect an order once it's scheduled. Ford's scheduling system is usually pretty good at making exceptions to existing commodity issues in order to schedule retail orders as soon as possible. When the order is scheduled, the VIN number is generated and the scheduled production week is assigned. The dealership ETA (Estimated Time of Arrival) may or may not be available initially but your dealership should be able to estimate the ETA until one is available from Ford. As the scheduling process moves forward, the production week will be narrowed down to a production date.

Your dealership ha 24/7 access Ford's Vehicle Visibility system that provides order status, production and tracking information on a continuous basis.   

Edited by ice-capades