FORD Account and current orders

KCinNC

I have an order (April 9th) for a '22 F350 in process which is scheduled (now delayed from week of July 26 to Aug 2nd). I have a VIN#.  I set up my account on Ford.com.  It shows I have no reservations or orders. I called Ford Marketing to see how I could link my account to my order. Guy had no clue and said that the only way to get updates was to call Ford or via email. I mentioned "MY2022" and he did not know what that is. This is chaos. 

My question is can you keep track of your order in your account?  How does that info get into your account? Or do we have to sit back and hope our orders don't get delayed again without any notice from Ford?

Very frustrating.

10 hours ago, deerhunt799 said:

If you have your order number and VIN, you can track it using Ford's vehicle order tracking system.

Thanks deerhunt. Do regular retail customers have access to the vehicle order system or is it just dealers?

Ford Marketing provided me a vin and build date on the week scheduling was opened. I called back today to see if anything changed and the lady told me she didn’t have access to that information. I don’t know whats going on. I will stop by the dealership tonight and see if I can get any information. The communication from my dealership and Ford Marketing has not been the best.

No. It is hit and miss. My dealer promised to update me every 2 weeks but it hasn't happened. I got more info from Ford but it depends on who you speak with. I need some idea when I will get my truck because it is the key to my next move in my RV. I just need a timeframe so I can plan. 

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, KCinNC said:

No. It is hit and miss. My dealer promised to update me every 2 weeks but it hasn't happened. I got more info from Ford but it depends on who you speak with. I need some idea when I will get my truck because it is the key to my next move in my RV. I just need a timeframe so I can plan. 

When I placed my order 5/24 for MY22 SD I skeptical when the dealer said my truck will be delivered mid August early September in the tail end of pandemic.. Calling the dealer weekly has been beneficial,  I get updates in real time and we have established somewhat of business relationship.  The first couple of times I made contact I got the impression he was shooting from the hip because the updates were vague. Now when I call I ask if he's near a computer to assure he has access to the information.  My thinking is I just spent $ 70,000 at his dealership and he owes me the time. He make think Im a pest, I don't give a shit. 

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, bahaboyga said:

When I placed my order 5/24 for MY22 SD I skeptical when the dealer said my truck will be delivered mid August early September in the tail end of pandemic.. Calling the dealer weekly has been beneficial,  I get updates in real time and we have established somewhat of business relationship.  The first couple of times I made contact I got the impression he was shooting from the hip because the updates were vague. Now when I call I ask if he's near a computer to assure he has access to the information.  My thinking is I just spent $ 70,000 at his dealership and he owes me the time. He make think Im a pest, I don't give a shit. 

I warned my dealership(very small town dealer) that I will annoy him.  He just laughed and said nah.  We'll see....LOL

• Like 1