Lease Return Question

1. I've already paid off my lease via Ford Credit.
  2. I've already had the third party inspection.

I called the dealer today and advised the above and they said if I'm not buying it out all I need to do is come up to the dealership and drop off the keys. Is this accurate (I've never leased before so don't know)?  There's no paperwork involved in returning it or anything? The lady on the phone said no appointment or anything was necessary just to come and drop off the keys. 

Thanks!

Edited by Anthony

4 hours ago, Anthony said:
  1. I've already paid off my lease via Ford Credit.
  2. I've already had the third party inspection.

I called the dealer today and advised the above and they said if I'm not buying it out all I need to do is come up to the dealership and drop off the keys. Is this accurate (I've never leased before so don't know)?  There's no paperwork involved in returning it or anything? The lady on the phone said no appointment or anything was necessary just to come and drop off the keys. 

Thanks!

I dropped my Subaru Crosstrek like that at Subaru dealer. Then someone came out later and checked it out. I turned it in 3 months early and paid off lease. I got a check from Subaru about 6 weeks later reimbursing me in full for my 3 months of payments. 

Before you turn it in I would shop around to find out what other companies would buy it from you for.   More than likely the price another dealer would pay is more than your buyout of your lease.   Check out the below places as I would be willing to bet you would make 1000's more selling it to one of the below:

Carvana

Givemethevin.com

CarMax

Vroom

• Like 1

1 hour ago, silverboost said:

Before you turn it in I would shop around to find out what other companies would buy it from you for.   More than likely the price another dealer would pay is more than your buyout of your lease.   Check out the below places as I would be willing to bet you would make 1000's more selling it to one of the below:

Carvana

Givemethevin.com

CarMax

Vroom

You are spot on and this could be very profitable in today's environment. My brother-n-law sells Range Rovers and one of his good customer's got a $10k check prior to turning in his lease vehicle. 

• Like 1