Jump to content





Sign in to follow this  
Joe771476

Ford missing the boat. Transit pickup needed!

Recommended Posts

Instead of Ford fooling around with Ranger and Maverick pickups which could take away from F150 sales, a Transit pickup would be just the ticket!  Small, cheap, very little new tooling.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wouldn't be that simple- Transit Connect is unit body so a lot of reinforcement to what would be left of the body shell would be needed,

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A Transit pickup would be bigger than Ranger and already exists.

 

 

1A22B9AE-A506-47DE-BE63-0ED1095B3675.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was thinking a pickup bed with the same sheet metal as the cab, like styleside they used to call it?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/2/2021 at 6:05 PM, GearheadGrrrl said:

Wouldn't be that simple- Transit Connect is unit body so a lot of reinforcement to what would be left of the body shell would be needed,

 

On 10/2/2021 at 6:36 PM, akirby said:

A Transit pickup would be bigger than Ranger and already exists.

 

 

1A22B9AE-A506-47DE-BE63-0ED1095B3675.jpeg

On 10/7/2021 at 9:36 AM, Joe771476 said:

I was thinking a pickup bed with the same sheet metal as the cab, like styleside they used to call it?

The Maverick is built on the C2 unibody platform shared with the Escape and Bronco Sport. AFIK, the Transit Connect isn't designed to accommodate AWD/4WD.

A Transit PU would indeed be bigger than the Ranger or a Transit Connect PU, but would be cool withe a flare side box!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×