RedHoncho01

Automotive Media Reviews for Corsair Grand Touring

Here is the first review I've seen of the Corsair Grand Touring.  I agree with the writer the 24-way adjustable seats need more cushioning and the ICE is very noisy.  Otherwise, it's a great vehicle and I am loving mine.

https://www.motor1.com/reviews/544951/2021-lincoln-corsair-hybrid-review/amp/

Tnx for the link, 8.6 out of a possible 10 for the GT, not bad !  I had a 2010 Fusion hybrid which had pretty much the same atkinson 2.5 and the biggest ‘problem’ I heard from others was that the ICE was loud, and it was compared to EV mode, nothing out of ordinary IMO - I’m waiting to see whats new for the 2023s ...

24 minutes ago, rfruth said:

I had a 2010 Fusion hybrid which had pretty much the same atkinson 2.5 and the biggest ‘problem’ I heard from others was that the ICE was loud

Ford attempted to address that problem in Corsair Grand Touring and Ford Escape Hybrid/PHEV with additional sound deadening and refinements to the engine itself, compared to older Ford hybrid vehicles. Overall, NVH from the ICE should be less intrusive in a Corsair GT compared to your 2010 Fusion Hybrid. 

Still, with all hybrids there will be more noise when the ICE kicks in. Just the nature of ICE vs electric motors. 

Edited by rperez817

On 11/5/2021 at 4:43 PM, rperez817 said:

Ford attempted to address that problem in Corsair Grand Touring and Ford Escape Hybrid/PHEV with additional sound deadening and refinements to the engine itself, compared to older Ford hybrid vehicles. Overall, NVH from the ICE should be less intrusive in a Corsair GT compared to your 2010 Fusion Hybrid. 

Still, with all hybrids there will be more noise when the ICE kicks in. Just the nature of ICE vs electric motors. 

I had a 2019 Lincoln Nautilus AWD with the 2.7L ICE.  The Nautilus was significantly quieter than my 2021 Corsair GT when the ICE kicks in.

Does the Corsair GT 2.5 ICE have a engine cover to help reduce noice?

No Corsairs have an engine cover for any model.  It was part of Lincoln's decontenting.

I really don’t understand  why they didn’t use the 2.0 or 2.3 eb.

Agreed.  They should have followed the model the Aviator used.  3.0EB with hybrid.  More for power.  Plus the 2.0EB would have better noise characteristics than the 2.5 NA.