Canadian orders

Good evening, I am new here and I hope I am not breaking any rules. I am just inquiring to see if this site is helpful for Canadian orders as well. I have ordered a 22 F350 Lariat. I am just very curious weather it is possible to find out when an estimated build date might be. I ordered it on September 25th 2021. I know I have a while to wait, but the curiosity is getting to me. Thank-you all in advanced. 

Dave

Edited by dwpick1030

1 hour ago, dwpick1030 said:

Good evening, I am new here and I hope I am not breaking any rules. I am just inquiring to see if this site is helpful for Canadian orders as well. I have ordered a 22 F350 Lariat. I am just very curious weather it is possible to find out when an estimated build date might be. I ordered it on September 25th 2021. I know I have a while to wait, but the curiosity is getting to me. Thank-you all in advanced. 

Dave

Please check the super duty forum.  Hundreds of posts on super duty orders and Canadian orders are all the same.

Thats a great question as well. I have been reading about some requesting a VIN and or a window sticker. Is this possible for us North of the boarder. And if so, could someone please let us know how we might be able to go about it. Like Litage stated: We have to rely on the dealer for our feedback up here in Canada. Any help is greatly appreciated. 

13 hours ago, dwpick1030 said:

Is the Super Duty line on a back log due to the chip shortage. Super curious on how long a truck usually take to come in when consumer ordered, and if there is a back log, is there any way to tell how long. I have order a F350 Lariat with the 7.3, if that help any

Ice Capades posts weekly scheduling information for each model. SD's have not been scheduled for the past 2 weeks, but on Thursday they are scheduling for the week of December 13th. He also posts any commodity issues affecting vehicles being scheduled. 

The delays from ordering to delivery can vary from 1 month to many months, with a number having ordered in March when the 22MY banks opened. I ordered at the end of August and our dealer had about 8 trucks ahead of me. 5 were built in September and 3 in October, so my truck is next. As of 2 weeks ago the order was being reviewed for scheduling.

In addition to commodity issues, you also have issues with how many trucks the dealer has ahead of yours and the dealer's upcoming allocations.

Edited by Rangers09

2 hours ago, litage said:

Yeah pretty much what I figured, pending commodity shortages 

Thank you for the info, really appreciate it. I guess I still have a little bit to wait.

I did speak to my dealer, and they pretty much said that I can't get the VIN until the truck arrives. I guess they just don't want to work with me now that I have signed on the dotted line......lol

55 minutes ago, dwpick1030 said:

Thank you for the info, really appreciate it. I guess I still have a little bit to wait.

I did speak to my dealer, and they pretty much said that I can't get the VIN until the truck arrives. I guess they just don't want to work with me now that I have signed on the dotted line......lol

BS. The VIN number is assigned at the time the vehicle is scheduled. 

Thank you Ice Capades, any info is a great help. If I was to try and obtain my VIN number, could anyone please advise me how I would begin the process. I have no idea in this department. I don't even know how to find out when/if it is scheduled. I think I am still too early for that step.

I will try to help you here as I am in the same boat,  you will need the order number and the Sales Code then you can ask here for un update of progress on  your truck

But you may only ask on this forum if you have 15 good posts and no spamming , the  moderators are pretty strict as they have had many spammers wasting their time so I fully understand