Order priority

4x4ord

I ordered a couple f350 platinum diesel pickups back in May. The dealer told me he placed a priority 10 on the orders and has no idea when Ford will build these trucks. I was also told that they will put a higher priority on the trucks that guys are paying full MSRP for vs my trucks. If the dealer has an identical truck to mine with a higher priority will Ford always pick it over mine or does the order date at some point trump priority rating?

1 hour ago, Jp_norris said:

What about the trucks that ford went in and made priority 2? Will ford automatically build the 2’s before the 10’s? 

Orders with "01" or "02" priority codes have the highest priority for scheduling and Ford makes every effort to make exceptions to commodity restraints for those orders. The ordering system and process has gotten a lot more complex in the past year with the increase in retail factory orders, microchip shortages, supplier issues, commodity restraints, etc. which is causing substantially increased OTD (Order to Delivery) times for many orders. 

Please spend a little time going through the BOF site and reading the resources available that will answer a lot of questions you may have related to the ordering and scheduling process. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Mbrooks44 said:

As Ice said, it just has to do with the priority at that dealer. They want you to pay full MSRP and then they will give you a better priority, if that matters. I’ve had 2 for months, ordered a 450 platinum in June and nothing has happened. Many folks have ordered in the last month and have build dates. I think the commodity hold ups are the issue. 

I ordered July 9, crickets here as well. I’ve been keeping up with the commodity hold ups and it appears my only hang-up on my order is the Bed liner that comes with the black appearance pack. Already dropped the 5th wheel pack due to really not needing it and the fact it’s been mentioned to be a issue. I’m assuming it’s more of a allocation issue more than anything in my case. 

28 minutes ago, buckstop515 said:

I have been told retail take precedent over stock. Fleet sales seem to be in last place.

Retail orders always have the highest priority for scheduling, then stock with fleet orders last. The ordering, scheduling and priority for fleet orders is different with much longer OTD (Order to Delivery) times. Fleet scheduling and production has been reduced, with much earlier balance out for some vehicle lines, in order to meet the substantially increased retail order volume.  

I just looked at the order sheet the dealer sent me back when he placed the orders. Turns out the priority allocated to my build is 19 …. not 10 like the sales manager told me over the phone. The ‘21 I’m driving currently was ordered from the same dealership with a priority 19 and was under 3 months from order to delivery but that order was placed December of 2020.

Edited by 4x4ord

Cant see this getting any better with Ford now advertising big time to build your own Ford , one story I found said Ford is getting away from having dealerships full of cars and getting into custom orders . Some growing pains are now occuring . Iv held steady with my order date of 10-27 and build date the week of 11-29 but waiting for that to change .

1 hour ago, 4x4ord said:

I just looked at the order sheet the dealer sent me back when he placed the orders. Turns out the priority allocated to my build is 19 …. not 10 like the sales manager told me over the phone. The ‘21 I’m driving currently was ordered from the same dealership with a priority 19 and was under 3 months from order to delivery but that order was placed December of 2020.

Retail orders submitted via the WBDO (Web Based Dealer Ordering) system default to priority code 19. Dealers must manually assign a lower priority code (10-18) and attach the customer's e-mail address.  

28 minutes ago, jmac5058 said:

Can't see this getting any better with Ford now advertising big time to build your own Ford, one story I found said Ford is getting away from having dealerships full of cars and getting into custom orders. Some growing pains are now occurring. I've held steady with my order date of 10-27 and build date the week of 11-29 but waiting for that to change.

This is old news! The advertising you're seeing is part of Ford's regular year-end advertising campaign with the addition of the retail factory order message. The reduced dealership inventory is a reflection of the microchip shortages, supplier issues, etc. that have affected the entire industry, not just Ford. Ford started a retail order incentive to encourage customers, who can wait for their new vehicles, to place factory orders as a result of the reduced inventory available at dealerships. In addition, the COVP (Customer Order Verification Program) was launched in June. Dealers submit the customer's retail order information with a copy of the signed Buyer's Order and the customer's Driver's License for verification. Once COVP verifies the information, the order qualifies for incremental allocation and priority scheduling. 

16 hours ago, ice-capades said:

Retail orders submitted via the WBDO (Web Based Dealer Ordering) system default to priority code 19. Dealers must manually assign a lower priority code (10-18) and attach the customer's e-mail address.  

I find this interesting. I’ve had this same sales manager order me my last 6 trucks … (4 that have been delivered over the past several years and two that I’m currently waiting for build dates on).  I’ve never received emails from Ford on the any of the orders. 

1 hour ago, 4x4ord said:

I find this interesting. I’ve had this same sales manager order me my last 6 trucks … (4 that have been delivered over the past several years and two that I’m currently waiting for build dates on).  I’ve never received emails from Ford on the any of the orders. 

COVP is relatively new.  

• Like 1