Expanded VVR to see rail car #

Ryanc3055

3 hours ago, Ryanc3055 said:

Can some one give me a pic of there VVR with rail car # so I can show dealer what it looks like after you expand all the info. Thanks

I hope you have better luck getting that info from your dealer than I did. My dealer said it was confidential and would not share the rail car #. But cyberdman (one of the moderators) was able to give me a general location so I know it was in Chicago as of December 31st. I assume making it's way out west here to Washington State.

14 hours ago, Ryanc3055 said:

Can some one give me a pic of there VVR with rail car # so I can show dealer what it looks like after you expand all the info. Thanks

The Vehicle Visibility report defaults to a one line display normally. If the vehicle is in transit, the Dealer may need to view the "Full Table" display to see the rail carrier and rail car information.  

Vehicle Visibility_Rail Car Information.jpg

1 hour ago, ice-capades said:

No. Once it's on a car carrier it'll be delivered to the dealership within 24 hours and you can't track it. 

Ok, thank you!  I got my "shipped" notification today, with an ETA of 1/8/22.  Since rail cars seem to take quite a while, I assumed it was coming by truck all the way to Mesquite, TX.  That's only about 1.5 days driving (for CDL drivers).  I also remember you saying that email notifications are not instantaneous, and ETAs are not always 100% accurate.  Just checking.  Thanks again!