Super Duty Scheduling Feb 7 Week

Denao_53

Ok, I need some more, timely advice.

i have now gone to my dealer and we removed the adaptive steering option.  I have no other options that are known delay issues at this time.

Does my order that I placed on 1/18 now go to the back of the line?  Or is it still in the queue where it was without the problem parts?

I see on here where some people ordered a SD 2 weeks after me and received a vin already.  I’m sure they took the good advice I didn’t know about and ordered without the steering.

On a side note, where can we see the next scheduling calendar that will include superduty trucks?  I know it’s always parts driven but how we often see them schedule 2x a month , 3x, 1x?

Im just wondering when the next cycle is scheduled to start so I can then see if my order gets picked up.

thanks  everyone!

Randy 

Edited by RCD

6 hours ago, RCD said:

ive now when to my dealer and we removed the adaptive steering.  I have no other options that are known delay issues at this time.

does my order that I made on 1/18 now go to the back of the line?  Or is it still in the queue where it was without the problem parts?

I see on here where some people ordered theirs 2 weeks after me and received a vin already.  I’m sure they took the good advice I didn’t know about and ordered without the steering.

on a side note, where should we expect to see the next scheduling calendar that will include superduty trucks?  I know it’s always parts driven but do we often see them schedule 2x a month , 3x, 1x?

mom just wondering when the next cycle may come and I can then see if my order gets picked up.

thanks  everyone!

Randy 

Deleting an option from an unscheduled order does not change the original order date. Regarding Ford's scheduling plan, the charts in the Production Week Scheduling Information forum (https://blueovalforums.com/forums/index.php?/topic/65125-production-week-scheduling-information/&page=32) under the Production and Sales forum is updated each Friday evening or Saturday morning with the scheduling information for the upcoming week.  

On 2/10/2022 at 2:40 PM, greatoppressor said:

I waited for 6 month and then, finally, I received my VIN and production week last week.

Whatever your dealer tells you on wait time is a total guess on their part. They really don't know. Not even a little bit.

While I was waiting to be scheduled, I paid pretty close attention to what configurations were successfully being scheduled (based on some very limited data, of course). This all applies to retail orders only, by the way. Adaptive steering was a "dead on arrival" option for everything except King Ranch models all the way from the start of MY22 production (last July) up to the end of 2021 year. Since then, many orders with AS have been scheduled. I haven't seen Adaptive Cruise be an issue for scheduling at all. More recently, Ford has declared possible scheduling delays for orders with Black Appearance Package, Spray-in Bed Liner, 5th wheel prep, and any OEM tonneau cover (among other things). Even with those stated restriction, orders have still been getting scheduled with them, albeit at lower rates than orders without them. My order has all of those things and was still scheduled last week. So, while I'm sure there is some rhyme/reason to it (if you were able to see all the levers and knobs behind the scenes of the scheduling process), from the outside looking in (including the perspective of your dealer) it's a total crap shoot.

Where I live, unless I want to pay new-truck prices for used or I want to pay over MSRP for a "bare bones" work truck (think XL/XLT, Oxford White, sparse options), there's not much to be found out there.

-SR-

I ordered my F350 Lariat in Sept 21. My dealer originally told me to expect delivery in April at the earliest, may be as far as June. I hope its not that long, but I am trying to have patients to wait.....I also think they may have told me that long just to keep me quiet....lol. Good luck to all waiting 

9 hours ago, RCD said:

i have now gone to my dealer and we removed the adaptive steering option.  I have no other options that are known delay issues at this time.

Does my order that I placed on 1/18 now go to the back of the line?  Or is it still in the queue where it was without the problem parts?

I see on here where some people ordered a SD 2 weeks after me and received a vin already.  I’m sure they took the good advice I didn’t know about and ordered without the steering.

On a side note, where can we see the next scheduling calendar that will include superduty trucks?  I know it’s always parts driven but how we often see them schedule 2x a month , 3x, 1x?

Im just wondering when the next cycle is scheduled to start so I can then see if my order gets picked up.

thanks  everyone!

Randy 

You need to find out your priority from your dealer and how many other orders are ahead of you.  10 is best, 19 worst but all the really matters is who has a better priority at your dealer.

I'm stuck at 19, called my dealer and got the runaround about how "that only matters for original order acceptance" and "we never assign anything but 19" which is a lie because I have my document from the same salesman in 2016 with my truck at a 10. 

Dealer also won't tell me how many trucks are in front of me "because it doesn't make a difference", and won't tell me how many allocations because "only matters for order acceptance and not scheduling".

Oh well. I'm not pushy so even asking was pretty difficult for me. All I know is if its not here by June I'm gonna be seriously frustrated due to having to cancel time off and a vacation

I do know the order is a priority 10 as they showed that to me on the order screen.  Hey told me that priority 10s are the highest but also if they are not sold to the person who actually ordered the vehicle, the dealer gets dinged.  

For your dealer to put you at a 19 and tell you it does not matter is a load of crap.  They are not telling you the truth and based on your delay, they are not trying to help you either.

I would go and see the owner.  Set an appt and go.  The owners of dealerships care more than any salesman ever does.  At this point, it cannot hurt your chances.

after researching all of this for a week or so and wirh much help here on this forum and talking to two other dealers.  Ford is having specific part issues in addition to some chip issues.  If your order requires a part they do not have, your vehicle gets passed over each time it comes up for scheduling.  Many XLs are being picked up in 1/2 weeks, some other models are the same but many if not all of them do not have adaptive steering, cruise, spray in bed liners, etc . All of those are known delay holes that vehicles fall into each time.

I was told the wait on the adaptive steering was around 26 weeks or 6 months on that part alone.  I’m sure some get through but most do not.  The other dealer told me to take off what you are willing to do without and if you clear those few hurdles hopefully it will get picked up for scheduling soon…..

ive now when to my dealer and we removed the adaptive steering.  I have no other options that are known delay issues at this time.

does my order that I made on 1/18 now go to the back of the line?  Or is it still in the queue where it was without the problem parts?

I see on here where some people ordered theirs 2 weeks after me and received a vin already.  I’m sure they took the good advice I didn’t know about and ordered without the steering.

on a side note, where should we expect to see the next scheduling calendar that will include superduty trucks?  I know it’s always parts driven but do we often see them schedule 2x a month , 3x, 1x?

mom just wondering when the next cycle may come and I can then see if my order gets picked up.

thanks  everyone!

Randy 

5 hours ago, RCD said:

thanks  everyone!

Randy 

Already answered!

8 hours ago, NedFletcher said:

I'm stuck at 19, called my dealer and got the runaround about how "that only matters for original order acceptance" and "we never assign anything but 19" which is a lie because I have my document from the same salesman in 2016 with my truck at a 10. 

Dealer also won't tell me how many trucks are in front of me "because it doesn't make a difference", and won't tell me how many allocations because "only matters for order acceptance and not scheduling".

Oh well. I'm not pushy so even asking was pretty difficult for me. All I know is if its not here by June I'm gonna be seriously frustrated due to having to cancel time off and a vacation

I hope you take your business elsewhere next time.  That’s ridiculous.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Can someone help me understand rhe scheduling calendar?  

on the week of 3/21, superduty’s have no comment in the note section.  Does that mean they were/are being scheduled?

I see on the week of 3/28, no scheduling which makes sense to me.

Did Ford schedule on the week of 3/21? I believe so as I got my VIN for my new 2022 heritage gt500 this week and it has a build date of 5/3 which lines up with the build date on the posted schedule here.

I’ve not heard anything on the 250

but that’s coming from a different dealer.

Any news or rumors on 250’s being built anytime soon?  I did not include any of the known part issue options so I’m hopeful that it will be issued at some point.  The same dealer who I ordered the truck from is quoting September builds for anyone ordering today.  Think that’s accurate?

Thanks everyone for your help!!

Randy