Pics with the Sport Apperance Package

Gharri30

I currently have a F250 Lariat Ultimate with BAP w/ a few other things on order. I'm contemplating dropping the BAP (assuming it's still a culprit holding up builds) for the Sport Apperance Package to see if it speeds me up any. I'd rather not have to drop it as I really dislike chrome but I guess I could always get the badges, headlight surrounds and whatever else painted later. I could careless if it has a bedliner as it could be done anywhere local but of course it can't be dropped being part of the package. 

If anyone has any pictures of your Lariats with the Sport Apperance Package, particularly in carbonized gray I would greatly appreciate seeing them. I'm not sure what other models, if any, offer the SAP to ask. Most of my Google searches just turn up trucks with the BAP. 

Thanks

1 hour ago, Gharri30 said:

I currently have a F250 Lariat Ultimate with BAP w/ a few other things on order. I'm contemplating dropping the BAP (assuming it's still a culprit holding up builds) for the Sport Apperance Package to see if it speeds me up any. I'd rather not have to drop it as I really dislike chrome but I guess I could always get the badges, headlight surrounds and whatever else painted later. I could careless if it has a bedliner as it could be done anywhere local but of course it can't be dropped being part of the package. 

If anyone has any pictures of your Lariats with the Sport Apperance Package, particularly in carbonized gray I would greatly appreciate seeing them. I'm not sure what other models, if any, offer the SAP to ask. Most of my Google searches just turn up trucks with the BAP. 

Thanks

I had to do the same thing and got scheduled the next week after I dropped it. My profile pic is of the truck I’ve ordered. Google also has a bunch that I looked at before doing it. 

1 hour ago, tcritch3 said:

I had to do the same thing and got scheduled the next week after I dropped it. My profile pic is of the truck I’ve ordered. Google also has a bunch that I looked at before doing it. 

Well thats good news. How far back was that?When I tried it took me to one's with the BAP, maybe I mistyped something. I'll do some more searching later. Was hoping I could get some better shots than what I may stumble across on Google. 

Edit...

Also, any idea what the tailgate guard and black bed attachment bolts are that are listed under the BAP?

Edited by Gharri30

1 hour ago, Gharri30 said:

Well thats good news. How far back was that?When I tried it took me to one's with the BAP, maybe I mistyped something. I'll do some more searching later. Was hoping I could get some better shots than what I may stumble across on Google. 

The BAP is supreme but I didn’t want to wait a year for my truck. It’s already been almost 6 months so I’m just going to add the black stuff later. I do like the sport though. What color are you going with?

7 hours ago, tcritch3 said:

The BAP is supreme but I didn’t want to wait a year for my truck. It’s already been almost 6 months so I’m just going to add the black stuff later. I do like the sport though. What color are you going with?

I agree. I went with carbonized gray but thought about changing to antimatter. Believe I'm going go stay put though.

5 hours ago, FirstFord22 said:

I have the BAP and was scheduled 9 days after placing my order

I think I saw where you posted that. My coworker put his in mid Jan and go a production email first week of Feb, so 3 weeks. I never seem to have much luck and probably need to help my odds out the best I can. 

Edited by Gharri30
Words jumbled together
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Gharri30 said:

I agree. I went with carbonized gray but thought about changing to antimatter. Believe I'm going go stay put though.

I think I saw where you posted that. My coworker put his in mid Jan and go a production email first week of Feb, so 3 weeks. I never seem to have much luck and probably need to help my odds out the best I can. 

I hear ya… just wanted to help you make your decision. 

2 hours ago, CT737 said:

Does anyone have a star white with the sport appearance package?  I still have yet to see a real picture and not the computer rendering. 

I've seen the star white in person on a king ranch expedition and man does it look good. Can't speak on the 250s though.

• Like 1

I said I was going to wait a while longer on dropping the BAP for the SAP but I'm starting to lean the other way again. Called my dealership yesterday afternoon to see what it would be to change the BAP to the SAP, I was thinking I may save a few bucks. I was told I would lose my price protection and would end paying around 1k more to go to SAP and add the LEDs to it. They said I should give it a little longer (didn't want me to get less for more) and something about they had a meeting sometime in March (cant remember what they said it was)..... and they would check back with me then. I told them I don't mind waiting as long as I know I'll end up with a 22, which I know they can't guarantee that. Getting to where I just want to do what I can to give myself the best opportunity. Plus there's no guarantee there won't be another price increase if I decide to change over to the SAP in another month or two. SMH ?‍♂️

2 hours ago, Gharri30 said:

I said I was going to wait a while longer on dropping the BAP for the SAP but I'm starting to lean the other way again. Called my dealership yesterday afternoon to see what it would be to change the BAP to the SAP, I was thinking I may save a few bucks. I was told I would lose my price protection and would end paying around 1k more to go to SAP and add the LEDs to it. They said I should give it a little longer (didn't want me to get less for more) and something about they had a meeting sometime in March (cant remember what they said it was)..... and they would check back with me then. I told them I don't mind waiting as long as I know I'll end up with a 22, which I know they can't guarantee that. Getting to where I just want to do what I can to give myself the best opportunity. Plus there's no guarantee there won't be another price increase if I decide to change over to the SAP in another month or two. SMH ?‍♂️

Stay the course. I’m confident she’ll be built soon with your current options

• Like 1

I started out fairly confident but have been losing that confidence lately. Especially with a third straight week coming with no super duty on the weekly production list. I've got to much $$ in accessories and what not sitting in my building to not give myself the best shot at getting built. 

13 minutes ago, CT737 said:

I started with the BAP and dropped it for the Lariat Sport after months of no scheduling.  It got scheduled a couple weeks later.  The sport is growing on me and I think I prefer it now.  

I contacted my rep yesterday to double check the numbers I came up with the online builder. If I came up with the right thing I'm going to drop the BAP for the SAP, add the leds and change the 20s to 18s (saves like $1200) it makes me add for the FX4 package (going aftermarket anyway). I wanted to color match the mirror caps and add a little color match in the grill anyway. I'll do the badges and what not later on. Rather have it here to worry about getting that done than not having it here. 

Most of us have seen or commented on this over on the Super Duty order page, but if someone hasn't yet, Ford offered a solution to this.  And yes, some are not too happy that it didn't happen earlier.

The updated 2022 Super Duty Pick-Up Order Guide is now available for download in the Dealer Order Guides section. 

NOTE: Includes the new Lariat Black Appearance Package Without Spray-In Bedliner (17M)

LARIAT BLACK APPEARANCE PACKAGE WITHOUT SPRAY-IN BEDLINER (17M)
Availability:
 Optional on Lariat Crew Cab
Not available with:

Camper Package (471)
● Snowplow/Camper Package (47B)

Requires:

4x4
● F-250 or F-350 SRW

Includes:

6” Ebony Black Angular – Running Boards
● 20” Ebony Black Painted Premium Aluminum Wheel
● LT275/65R 20E OWL A/T (TCW)
● Black Ford Oval Logos, Front and Rear
● Body-color front and rear bumper
● Ebony Black Fender Vent Surround
● Ebony Black Painted front Grille Bars
● Ebony Black Painted Mirror Caps
● Gray and Black Box Decals (4x4, FX4 and Tremor)
● Headlamps – Black out surrounds, LED only
● Wheel Well Liner, Rear (61M)

14 minutes ago, Lee2021 said:

Most of us have seen or commented on this over on the Super Duty order page, but if someone hasn't yet, Ford offered a solution to this.  And yes, some are not too happy that it didn't happen earlier.

The updated 2022 Super Duty Pick-Up Order Guide is now available for download in the Dealer Order Guides section. 

NOTE: Includes the new Lariat Black Appearance Package Without Spray-In Bedliner (17M)

LARIAT BLACK APPEARANCE PACKAGE WITHOUT SPRAY-IN BEDLINER (17M)
Availability:
 Optional on Lariat Crew Cab
Not available with:

Camper Package (471)
● Snowplow/Camper Package (47B)

Requires:

4x4
● F-250 or F-350 SRW

Includes:

6” Ebony Black Angular – Running Boards
● 20” Ebony Black Painted Premium Aluminum Wheel
● LT275/65R 20E OWL A/T (TCW)
● Black Ford Oval Logos, Front and Rear
● Body-color front and rear bumper
● Ebony Black Fender Vent Surround
● Ebony Black Painted front Grille Bars
● Ebony Black Painted Mirror Caps
● Gray and Black Box Decals (4x4, FX4 and Tremor)
● Headlamps – Black out surrounds, LED only
● Wheel Well Liner, Rear (61M)

I just saw this on the other thread. I emailed my dealer earlier this evening and told them to drop the BAP for the Sport appearance in hopes on speeding it up. Guess I'll see what they say when they answer me back on whether or not they out the change through already or not. 

On 3/2/2022 at 1:42 PM, Gharri30 said:

Especially when you can get it done locally the next day.

Not sure how it is working in your area, but where I am at it was a 4-6 week wait for Line-X due to product shortage.  That was in spring of 2021 and from what I have heard it hasn't gotten any better.  Same wait for Rhino and Bullet liners

31 minutes ago, SpartanFan23 said:

Not sure how it is working in your area, but where I am at it was a 4-6 week wait for Line-X due to product shortage.  That was in spring of 2021 and from what I have heard it hasn't gotten any better.  Same wait for Rhino and Bullet liners

My coworker just called local place 2 weeks ago, dropped it off 2 days later and back the next day.