F350 order changes

Nutz

Ordered 2022 F350, 6.7 King Ranch in 12/2021 with X plan. Based on several discussions on this forum, I decided to remove spay-on bed liner and hard side tonneau cover from my order.  Called the dealer to make the change, they stated it would not effect my order except drop the pice accordingly. Made the change and got my conformation email. In review, I noticed the price level code changed from 240 to 245 which increased the base price of the truck. I brought it to the attention of the dealer and based off of what they said, it is an issue based off I am an X plan buyer and it is a Ford Corporation issue.  I have been told they are working on it, that was 3 weeks ago and just getting the run around. Last call this afternoon, I was told “any change to an order will now automatically reflect the most current price code”.  Just wondering if anyone has had similar issues or some insight! Thanks in advance for your input.

2 hours ago, BitSniffer said:

Same happened to me.  Went from 240 to 245 after the December price increase.  Originally ordered 250 on 10/28 and got hit with the increase to 245 pricing on 12/23 with my change to 350.  Glad I got a PCO for $3000.  

Retail orders are price protected to the original order date.

• Thanks 1

Thanks ice-capades.  Trying to understand the process, it appears a dealer inputs the order into the Web Based Dealer Ordering system.  If the price is protected to the original order date, how would it change to a later price level?  I “assume” (dangerous word) it would change automatically in the system if it is a Ford Corp driven change or manually by the dealer accidentally or on purpose made the change. Am I tracking correctly? Is there something I need to ask the dealer? ANY guidance is appreciated!!!

3 hours ago, Nutz said:

Thanks ice-capades.  Trying to understand the process, it appears a dealer inputs the order into the Web Based Dealer Ordering system.  If the price is protected to the original order date, how would it change to a later price level?  I “assume” (dangerous word) it would change automatically in the system if it is a Ford Corp driven change or manually by the dealer accidentally or on purpose made the change. Am I tracking correctly? Is there something I need to ask the dealer? ANY guidance is appreciated!!!

The system always shows the current price level because stock orders which used to be 90%+ get the price increase and are not protected.  Retail orders were exceptions,

• Like 1

On 3/1/2022 at 5:40 AM, Nutz said:

Thanks BitSniffer, since I am new to this…. PCO? I don’t know all the acronyms yet.

PCO stands for Personal Cash Offer.  They are offers that come directly from Ford via snail mail or email. Kind of like a manufacture's rebate, only applied at time of purchase.

Talked to my dealer today. They stated you are price protected to the order date. The only thing that would change that is if you wanted to add something but not deleting. They told me a guy added up lifter switches and instead of $165 ended up a $1500 dollar add on cause of the price change of the base price.

Latest update…. Since everything has been verbally communicated, I asked the dealer for a copy of the policy he has been quoting. I have uploaded a picture of it for reference. After reading it, I fully believe I meet the requirements of the policy for price protection. The dealer however,  is keyed on the paragraph for plan pricing “AXZD” specifically,  the statement “May be eligible for Price Protection”. Since I am a X Plan participant this applies.

‘How I read this,,,,  

1) I am price protected since I meet all the requirements.

2) The paragraph covering plan pricing has the term “may” since dealer participation is optional. Based on the dealer “acceptance” of my plan pricing the whole first sentence under AXZD-Plans is not relevant. 
3) If the first is irrelevant, than the last  paragraph applies 

I maybe off track here and looking for any insight and guidance.08A3F85C-A93E-4350-AEA5-B5871C1EC415.thumb.jpeg.6531267a96919a6147cb5500270631f7.jpegF1F403D2-96F7-4513-AA09-B3923FAF88BD.thumb.jpeg.663778681cf7f5cad3ca0debe5a92430.jpeg