2022 Ford Escape Titanium AWD questions...

I searched and searched - can't find the answer.

Is "Normal Mode" automatically in AWD?  On my 2020 Edge - it would stay in front wheel drive until AWD was needed.  You actually have a display to monitor this feature. 

1.  Does 2022 Ford Escape Titanium have a feature to monitor AWD?

2.  Does leaving it in "Normal Mode" mean it will be in front wheel drive UNTIL AWD is needed (like my Edge)?

Thanks!
Edited by s&wowner
Wrong Year!

Yep, 4th gen (2020+) Escape works much like you describe with your Edge in terms of AWD.

There's a slide on the instrument cluster display that shows the status of the Intelligent AWD system.  It shows the layout of the car and each wheel getting power has a bar that fills in.

Normal (or Eco, for that matter) drive mode will engage AWD as needed to maintain traction to all 4 wheels.  During steady state cruising, it'll stick to FWD.  During acceleration, particularly with low traction, it will power all 4 wheels, etc.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, j2sys said:

...There's a slide on the instrument cluster display that shows the status of the Intelligent AWD system.  It shows the layout of the car and each wheel getting power has a bar that fills...

That's what I can't find.   I can find it on my 2020 Edge but can't find it on my 2022 Escape.  How do I get to that display?

Thanks...

1 hour ago, s&wowner said:

That's what I can't find.   I can find it on my 2020 Edge but can't find it on my 2022 Escape.  How do I get to that display?

Thanks...

That I'm not sure on as I haven't seen the full digital instrument cluster like you have in your Titanium trim.  I have an Escape on order with that feature but it's not built yet.  ?  Not sure how the menu is laid out on that system.  Are you able to find the tire pressure and oil life status?  Should be in the same place as those.

On the standard instrument clusters (analog speedometer dial etc), you would scroll up/down through the screens e.g. Trip with your odometer data, audio settings, things like that, and there'd be an option labeled Information with a graphic of an Escape in the middle of the screen.  You'd then use the menu button on the steering wheel (3 horizontal lines) and scroll down to Intelligent AWD.

This video shows how to get to it, it might be similar for you but it might be different: 

Edited by j2sys

Nope, menu's are different. I went through every single menu selection.  When I go through one of the menu selections i can get the tire pressure, gas mileage, etc. where you normally find the awd display but no awd display like my edge displays.   Tried every menu available.  Looks like the 2022 doesn't support the display.  Thanks for looking into it.

Edited by s&wowner

Nope, menu's are different. I went through every single menu selection.  When I go through one of the menu selections i can get the tire pressure, gas mileage, etc. where you normally find the awd display but no awd display like my edge displays.   Tried every menu available.  Looks like the 2022 doesn't support the display.  Thanks for looking into it.

Weird…. I can’t imagine the base instrument cluster has it but not the fancy all digital one.  If I had mine, I could be of more assistance, maybe someone else will be able to chime in.

To state the obvious, you definitely do have AWD, listed on the window sticker?  Working in IT, you have to eliminate the obvious.  :)

4 hours ago, j2sys said:

Weird…. I can’t imagine the base instrument cluster has it but not the fancy all digital one.  If I had mine, I could be of more assistance, maybe someone else will be able to chime in.

To state the obvious, you definitely do have AWD, listed on the window sticker?  Working in IT, you have to eliminate the obvious.  :)

First thing I did was check!  SMILE  The Sticker says Escape AWD and it has AWD on the back hatch.  Something else I noticed - the Liftgate Hands-Free (on sticker) doesn't work (kicking foot under rear bumper) like on my Edge.  As a matter of fact, the option isn't even in the menu.  (Just read that if you have a trailer hitch - you have to kick to the left or right of the trailer hitch - BINGO - it worked!)  Something is strange - gonna swing by the dealer and have them show me what I am doing wrong.  Will let you know what I find out.

Edited by s&wowner
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, akirby said:

It always works with or without a hitch to kick in and up as if you’re touching the top of your foot to the underside of the bumper about a foot to either side of center.  Do not wave it back and forth.

Thanks - works great!

Status on AWD Visual Display (showing which tires are driving) - dealer just said "looks like its not going to have that feature any more."  Not sure if he meant only on the Escape ... 

Bummer - so, enjoy it while you can gang!  I personally will miss that feature.  Thanks everyone for helping out.

Edited by s&wowner

Status on AWD Visual Display (showing which tires are driving) - dealer just said "looks like its not going to have that feature any more."  Not sure if he meant only on the Escape ... 

Bummer - so, enjoy it while you can gang!  I personally will miss that feature.  Thanks everyone for helping out.

That is not good in that when it's raining or otherwise slippery reassuring to know when and if AWD is kicking in. 

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, FordBuyer said:

That is not good in that when it's raining or otherwise slippery reassuring to know when and if AWD is kicking in. 

I agree completely.   When the roads were bad, I liked watching it to see if they were slippery.   I sent a complaint to Ford.  Wouldn't it nice if they would put it back with the next software update.

I think it's weird they had the programming in there, and now abandoned it.  Waste of programming to me.

Now I haven't looked at that screen in years myself.  It was interesting just to see.  But the Escape goes from AWD to FWD so smoothly, I can't tell the difference.