The Ford Order Tracking System Is No Longer Available.  THANKS Cyberdman For Making Available All Of These Past Years.  More Here.

Ralph Greene

Question about Hood Alignment on wife's 2022 Nautilus

Posted (edited)

That's the only flaw I have found on her car. When standing in front....the seam between hood and fender is about twice as much on driver side as passenger side. The hood almost touches the fender.  It's very noticeable and bugs my wife. Is there any adjustment that dealership can make to this? I'm not taking about a difference one would need a micrometer to notice either. Am I being too "picky"? Otherwise vehicle seems well made. 

Edited by Ralph Greene
misspelled word

On a luxury vehicle, no you are not being picky.  This should really have been picked up in dealer prep.  I'm not sure how exactly they adjust the hood, but it can be done.

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, Ralph Greene said:

That's the only flaw I have found on her car. When standing in front....the seam between hood and fender is about twice as much on driver side as passenger side. The hood almost touches the fender.  It's very noticeable and bugs my wife. Is there any adjustment that dealership can make to this? I'm not taking about a difference one would need a micrometer to notice either. Am I being too "picky"? Otherwise vehicle seems well made. 

Hi Ralph. No, you are not being too "picky", especially if it is close to touching the fender. Yes, the hood can be adjusted, either by the Dealer Service Department, their body shop, or the body shop they use for repairs.

Let us know how you make out and good luck.

Edited by bbf2530