Order Process

Sorry but I'm new here. I ordered a 2022 on 12/18/21 and I haven't received a Vin# and my sales person keeps telling me that it's in still in process and that it's still good news??? I called Ford and they told me to call the dealership again and ask them if they have submitted the COVP? I called and the salesman told me that they did and they don't know why Ford would tell me something like that? Just seems like the Truck would take this long, I ordered a 2022 F-250 6.7 Diesel Platinum. Is there anyone else been waiting for this long? I've seen a couple people on here that placed an order in February and they already are getting the truck delivered???

2 hours ago, firstsuperdutyrog said:

Sorry but I'm new here. I ordered a 2022 on 12/18/21 and I haven't received a Vin# and my sales person keeps telling me that it's in still in process and that it's still good news??? I called Ford and they told me to call the dealership again and ask them if they have submitted the COVP? I called and the salesman told me that they did and they don't know why Ford would tell me something like that? Just seems like the Truck would take this long, I ordered a 2022 F-250 6.7 Diesel Platinum. Is there anyone else been waiting for this long? I've seen a couple people on here that placed an order in February and they already are getting the truck delivered???

The average OTD (Order to Delivery) time for a 2022MY Super Duty is 6-12 months. There is no simple answer to your questions as there are a lot of factors involved including the original order date, priority code, microchip shortage, commodity and plant constraints, supply chain issues, dealership market size and sales volume, etc. Registering retail orders with the COVP (Customer Order Verification Program) is required on nearly all, if not all retail orders now, and provides priority scheduling and incremental allocation. Spending some time reviewing the posts in the 2022MY F-Series Super Duty Orders & Discussion forum will help answer at least some of your questions.   

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thank you to all who replied. I will take a look at the prior post to get some more clarity on what is going on. It makes me feel better that some one was having the same issue as me and it’s getting better. Thanks! I called the dealer again and he talked me through what is going on and assured me that it’s just a waiting game and that a little more patience and I should hear something soon. It’s really hard to wait I feel like a little kid waiting for Christmas! Lol. 

Ford prioritizes custom (“retail”) orders over dealer stock. When you ordered your truck, did the dealer make a copy of your driver’s license and send it with your order to Ford? If they never asked for your driver’s license, that’s a red flag that they probably never followed through on submitting paperwork via COVP. 

The COVP is Ford’s way of making sure custom orders aren’t just sleazy dealers trying to submit fake orders that get built sooner so they can throw them on the lot for sale. If your dealer didn’t fulfill their COVP obligations by now, your truck may not get built as a 2022. 

The other question I’d be asking is what priority code they see for your order. By now it should be 02 or 01, meaning your build gets the most consideration for getting scheduled. The other questions to ask are whether the VVR shows any commodity holds on your truck, and how many allocations your dealer has been getting. This may be a conversation best had with your sales manager by now. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, firstsuperdutyrog said:

When I talked to the sales person he did say that they do have the copy of my license and that everything look good still. I will check on the VVR. Thanks!

I would recommend talking directly to the sales manager regarding your order status and questions you might have. Sales representatives are often not familiar or experienced with the retail order process and may not be aware or have access to the resources available. 

• Like 2

On 8/26/2022 at 8:13 AM, firstsuperdutyrog said:

When I talked to the sales person he did say that they do have the copy of my license and that everything look good still. I will check on the VVR. Thanks!

My 350 Platinum took 403 days, hang in there

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/25/2022 at 12:33 PM, firstsuperdutyrog said:

I ordered the same truck on 2/2/22 and I got an email saying production was week of 9/26 then another one saying 10/3 and now just got another updated one saying 9/19. My vin and window sticker are available. You should have got a confirmation email the day you ordered it. I also got another one in like April or may saying there were delays but they were working on securing all the materials. Definitely sounds fishy to me like the dealer didn’t order it or didn’t order it as a customer order or something. 

If it makes you guys feel better, I ordered my F250 Platinum on April 5th, 2021 and I'm still waiting.  Every few months I get a "sorry, not sorry" email from the dealer saying it's still on order and to continue to wait.  I was actually told a few weeks ago I was scheduled for this week, but given that I don't have a windows sticker yet I don't think that's going to happen.. sit and wait, I guess.

10 hours ago, Tony2 said:

If it makes you guys feel better, I ordered my F250 Platinum on April 5th, 2021 and I'm still waiting.  Every few months I get a "sorry, not sorry" email from the dealer saying it's still on order and to continue to wait.  I was actually told a few weeks ago I was scheduled for this week, but given that I don't have a windows sticker yet I don't think that's going to happen.. sit and wait, I guess.

For you to wait that long, your dealer almost certainly mismanaged your order. By the 6 month mark they should have had their zone manager bump you up to priority 02.