2023 Escape Orders & Discussion

ice-capades

I ordered on 3/11 and was until yesterday scheduled for build week of 5/24. Then I checked last night and my week of build date is gone. Has anyone else had this happen to them? I assume it means their system is going to change the build date. It seems like many of y'all are getting your cars and ford is stepping up. What is the liklihood my build date is going to be sooner rather than delayed?

2 hours ago, nep84 said:

I ordered on 3/11 and was until yesterday scheduled for build week of 5/24. Then I checked last night and my week of build date is gone. Has anyone else had this happen to them? I assume it means their system is going to change the build date. It seems like many of y'all are getting your cars and ford is stepping up. What is the liklihood my build date is going to be sooner rather than delayed?

Originally scheduled in late January for a built week of 6th March, I noted the build week moved 2 or 3 times, with it finally being built 28th April. When they schedule vehicles it is based on anticipated parts delivery, but the current supply chain issues often causes delays.

Even with the schedule firmed up to a build day, our order was pushed back twice, most likely due to batteries and panoramic roof.

Edited by Rangers09

Yes. Platinum with premium tech package. I have not noticed any flex/creaking but as a computer tech, I am generally not hard on screens or tablets.  Pressing buttons harder does not generally make them work better or faster!?

• Like 1

Interesting. Was it put on a rail car or taken there by Convoy? Wondering if they did what they did for mine. It was on a rail car and it seemed to be stuck at the blue Island transfer yard but in reality it was well on it’s way to the west coast. 

36 minutes ago, Aguy said:

Still waiting on mine...it shipped April 16th

Did you get a rail car number? Contact the chat support and ask where your vehicle is. They should be able at least give you the date that it was released to Burlington Northern and where. (Probably blue Island Il). 

With that info and knowing what day they transferred we may be able to get an estimate of when the rail car should have made the LA port. 

Ordered on 4/1, and received an email update that build week was the week of 5/30.  Just received an email and the build week has been pushed back two weeks to 6/12.  Also, the tracker has reverted back to "Order Confirmed".   I know that the production has ramped up quite a bit at the Lousiville Assembly Plant.   How many times has the build week been updated for others in this forum? 

13 hours ago, dchan said:

Interesting. Was it put on a rail car or taken there by Convoy? Wondering if they did what they did for mine. It was on a rail car and it seemed to be stuck at the blue Island transfer yard but in reality it was well on it’s way to the west coast. 

The window sticker shows leaving the factory by convoy, but I don't know how far it went by truck - all the way to Chicago, or a closer rail yard. I will have to stop into the dealer and ask them to drill down to see the previous history, as my weekly updates only show the latest primary and secondary status.

Interesting to note that based on WS, my dealer's Escapes are about 50/50 rail or convoy leaving the factory and they also get unloaded at different ramps. My assumption is that since convoy ends up with CP rail, the ones leaving by rail may be CN Rail. The truck plant in the same city ships all truck bound to my dealer by rail and CP. Interesting how 2 plants so close ship differently.

I had a similar experience with my F-450 last year. The CSX tracking had it in Chicago, the entire time, so the day it arrived in Vancouver, CSX still thought it was in Chicago.

3 hours ago, irisheyes_13 said:

Ordered on 4/1, and received an email update that build week was the week of 5/30.  Just received an email and the build week has been pushed back two weeks to 6/12.  Also, the tracker has reverted back to "Order Confirmed".   I know that the production has ramped up quite a bit at the Lousiville Assembly Plant.   How many times has the build week been updated for others in this forum? 

Originally scheduled for 6th March at end of January. After multiple changes to both Scheduled to Week and Scheduled to Day, it was finally built 28th April.

On 5/9/2023 at 10:35 PM, dchan said:

Did you get a rail car number? Contact the chat support and ask where your vehicle is. They should be able at least give you the date that it was released to Burlington Northern and where. (Probably blue Island Il). 

With that info and knowing what day they transferred we may be able to get an estimate of when the rail car should have made the LA port. 

My tracker just updated the date yesterday with no further status update. I am guessing it was delivered to the dealer?

6 hours ago, Aguy said:

My tracker just updated the date yesterday with no further status update. I am guessing it was delivered to the dealer?

Or at least maybe it made it to the local port. I had one of those "updated" on a date with no changes, the day the vehicle made the local port, Then another when it was unloaded from the car. and yet another when it was put on a car carrier headed to the dealership. When it finally made the dealership, it changed to "in final ..."

I was able to pick it up that same day when they brought it in for final inspection and wash it. F&I got me taken care of in about 45 minutes and I was on my way home.

Note for those of you with hybrids, Reset the MPG indicator when you get it. I was driving it around wondering why I was never getting the average to get above 28.5 MPG. Even when coasting down hill full regen and electric..,  They must run these idling in the factory as they do their testing, while moving them very little while the engine is running. It would probably take a long time to get that average to start reflecting what I'm really getting.

Once I reset the meter/indicator, it's now showing 39-44MPG as I putter around the city.

53 minutes ago, dchan said:

Or at least maybe it made it to the local port. I had one of those "updated" on a date with no changes, the day the vehicle made the local port, Then another when it was unloaded from the car. and yet another when it was put on a car carrier headed to the dealership. When it finally made the dealership, it changed to "in final ..."

I was able to pick it up that same day when they brought it in for final inspection and wash it. F&I got me taken care of in about 45 minutes and I was on my way home.

Note for those of you with hybrids, Reset the MPG indicator when you get it. I was driving it around wondering why I was never getting the average to get above 28.5 MPG. Even when coasting down hill full regen and electric..,  They must run these idling in the factory as they do their testing, while moving them very little while the engine is running. It would probably take a long time to get that average to start reflecting what I'm really getting.

Once I reset the meter/indicator, it's now showing 39-44MPG as I putter around the city.

Thank you.

Did you end up financing? Did they offer 0% for 36 months as per Ford's order builder? I plan on doing that if it is honored.

10 minutes ago, Aguy said:

Thank you.

Did you end up financing? Did they offer 0% for 36 months as per Ford's order builder? I plan on doing that if it is honored.

Yes, 0% 36 months. I put down a little more than 10% and financed the rest. The Sales person tried to sell me the extended warr at close to full price. I turned him down because I knew I could beat the price. Then the F&I guy offered me a good fair price on the Extended warr So I went ahead and got that too so that I could add it to the financing rather than pay it outright or have to finance it at some other interest rate, so I got that at 0% for the 36 as well.

If you can afford the payments, it's hard to pass up a 0% loan!

10 minutes ago, chodaddy15 said:

My PHEV Premium has been built since April 23rd. Delivery date has been pushed back every 4 days. Latest is May 18th. Is there a logistics issue I don't know about? Located in Ontario Canada

Where are you located and what does the window sticker say about how it is to be transported to you?

8 minutes ago, dchan said:

Where are you located and what does the window sticker say about how it is to be transported to you?

I just got my window sticker yesterday, also from Ontario Canada so I am assuming chodaddy15’s mode of transport is rail just like mine. 

Just a general question, my car has been in production for like 3 days now and the scheduled build week is 5/17/2023 so I am assuming it will be built by then..when can I expect delivery?

Oh yeah I think I remember Chodaddy's earlier message.

Ontario Canada may be a customs or waiting for enough vehicles to be headed that way from the Local transfer locations.

Can your Dealer or the chat function on Shop Ford, tell you the current location of your vehicle or has it even shipped yet?

From what I can see in the limited info I'm able to find, is that Ontario Canada, starts as rail, and gets out to a certain location, Then has to be transferred to a different Rail carrier or to a truck convoy. Your dealer is the person to ask, although if you use the chat function, they may be able to tell you once the vehicle is transferred, to whom it was transferred to.

For Instance, when my assigned rail car reached Blue Island, IL, The customer support people on the Chat, were able to tell me that the vehicle had been released to Burlington Northern/Southern Pacific. A different rail carrier. and we sort of lost track of the exact tracking until it arrived at the Richmond Rail yard in California.

Using Burlington Northern's web info I was able to determine that the trip from Blue Island to Richmond should have taken 8-9 days.

My understanding of Rail Transfer points, is they don't want product sitting around these rail yards so the transfer is usually pretty quick however if it's going international (like Canada) there are customs issues that could hold up the transfer and they do not want to be stopping and removing rail cars right at the border so I suspect those would be held at the transfer point rather than being added to a train crossing a border.

Also in Ontario (GTA), my PHEV Premium order was marked as built on May 1, then had the green dot on Shipped on May 2. Originally I had a really wide delivery window of May 8 to June 7 or something like that. Then it got updated early this week to a slightly tighter window in the middle of that range (May 23-June 1) and today just got updated to an even sooner range (today to May 17). Window sticker says rail.

I ordered in April of last year (as a 2022, obv), so the MSRP on the window sticker is quite a bit higher than what we had agreed to, hopefully the price protection goes smoothly.

3 hours ago, dchan said:

Do the Ontario people show a "shipped status" yet? or is it still in "Waiting to be shipped"

I have a green built status. It has been on the Kentucky lot since April 23rd and still is. Chat nor Dealer can give any info other then an ETA which is always pushed back the day of ETA. My window sticker says convoy

4 hours ago, dchan said:

Do the Ontario people show a "shipped status" yet? or is it still in "Waiting to be shipped"

2023 Escape Hybrid Platinum (FHEV

Options: 

Start White Metallic Tri-Coat

Premium Technology Package

Panoramic Vista Roof

Order confirmed:       10/22/2022

Scheduled week of:   01/18/2023

In production:             03/07/2023

Built:                             04/11/2023

Shipped: waiting and waiting and waiting

- Chatted with Ford this week. They said shipping May 15

- Chatted with Ford a few weeks ago. They said: