Windshield inside piece

jeffrey 2

After paying a lot for a new F250, I noticed the rubber piece if lining coming up on the ends.  Does anyone know if this piece is even needed to have there?  It spans the entire windshield.  I wonder if it is only there to place the windshield when built but them can be removed.  The dealership just took a screwdriver and poked it down, but it still visibly doesn't look that great.  I do not have these pieces in my Jeep or Acura windshield so was thought I would ask if others had this piece in their 250?  No rattles and not that big of deal as it's just cosmetic.  I fear the dealership would screw it up worse if I took it back there.  

IMG_5599 (1).jpg

It is part of the dash to keep the windshield from having a space between the 2, it also keeps the windshield tight in some spots. It looks twisted, I would turn the defrost on high & see if it will set back down even with the dash, don't use a sharp tool you might scratch to get a creak in the glass. My 14 has it & it was somewhat the same way not as bad & I just waited for a hot day pulled it back just a little & pushed it back in straight hasn't moved since