Add TPMS for 5th wheel

On 2/20/2023 at 5:23 AM, Lord of Lights said:

I have a 22 F350 with 5th wheel package and UTT back up assist. I would like to add TPMS for my 5th wheel. Part number LC3Z1A189B. Looking for any feedback from the group on how the install went and how satisfied you are. Thanks in advance.

I installed it on my travel trailer and it is excellent.  The sensors go to sleep, so you have to start moving to wake them up, after the initial install, but they have been great.  I stuck the amplifier/transmitter under the front of the trailer, attached to a cross-frame member.  The TPMS is easy.  Had a tire shop install the sensors in the wheels.  If you get the camera too (it's far superior to the Furrion cameras), the wiring can be tricky.  I fished it above the underbelly and up the back side.  I got adhesive cable covers that snap shut for the back and top (to get it to the center).  Looks factory, and the camera is excellent.

• 9 months later...

I put a hole above my hitch and another down into the 5er garage. Those 2 places are under my bed and I connected them with pvc for the wires. The TPMS transmitter is in the garage and has no problem connecting to the valve stem sensors.

Do I like it? I was driving through downtown Denver during heavy traffic when the dash lit up saying a trailer tire was low. I got off the next exit and found an empty lot to pull into quickly.  (Literally, in the shadow of Mile High Stadium. )  Visually, the tire looked fine but I could hear the hiss. I put the spare on and drove to Cheyenne.  I, thankfully, don't know what disaster would have befell me if I'd continued down the road oblivious. 

Yes, I very much like it.

I also like the trailer cam and wish I could switch it with the bed cam so I could leave it on screen all the time when towing. Still, being able to bring it up full screen is handy to see if a pass is done or if someone is coming up behind.

3 hours ago, 4thTimer said:

I put a hole above my hitch and another down into the 5er garage. Those 2 places are under my bed and I connected them with pvc for the wires. The TPMS transmitter is in the garage and has no problem connecting to the valve stem sensors.

Do I like it? I was driving through downtown Denver during heavy traffic when the dash lit up saying a trailer tire was low. I got off the next exit and found an empty lot to pull into quickly.  (Literally, in the shadow of Mile High Stadium.)  Visually, the tire looked fine but I could hear the hiss. I put the spare on and drove to Cheyenne.  I, thankfully, don't know what disaster would have befell me if I'd continued down the road oblivious. 

Yes, I very much like it.

I also like the trailer cam and wish I could switch it with the bed cam so I could leave it on screen all the time when towing. Still, being able to bring it up full screen is handy to see if a pass is done or if someone is coming up behind.

FYI... I worked at the old McNichols Sports Arena next to Mile High Stadium in 1977 when I was on tour. There's some nice exterior and interior footage of McNichols in one of the old Perry Mason movies.