2024 Explorer Refresh.

On 12/7/2023 at 10:40 PM, tbone said:

Was this a friendly reminder of things we won’t be getting here? I’m having difficulty understanding why they will be providing a better version of an American nameplate to Chinese and not the Americans.

If Ford would offer the same specs in the North American-built Explorer, they probably wouldn't be able to price it competitively. High labor costs in the US that recently got even higher won't help future models get better specs at competitive prices.

Edited by AM222

Anyone have latest information on the 2025 Explorer??

I heard that 2024 is a complete carryover except for elimination of the hybrid and may only be a two month production run???

I have to turn in my 2021 Explorer lease next week and would prefer ordering a 2025 not a carryover 2024, if 2025 production starts early next year!

Thank You in advance for your help

edselford

On 12/14/2023 at 8:48 AM, edselford said:

Anyone have latest information on the 2025 Explorer??

I heard that 2024 is a complete carryover except for elimination of the hybrid and may only be a two month production run???

I have to turn in my 2021 Explorer lease next week and would prefer ordering a 2025 not a carryover 2024, if 2025 production starts early next year!

Thank You in advance for your help

edselford

The 2024 is a short production year only January/Feb of next year

In the meantime, as Ford Authority previously reported, 2024 Explorer production is expected to only last a total of two months – January and February – with production of the 2025 Explorer slated to commence in late March 2024, making it a bit of a short run by anyone’s standards

https://fordauthority.com/2023/10/2024-ford-explorer-production-begins-in-january/

On 12/13/2023 at 2:45 PM, akirby said:

Sigh…..

The 8F35 started as a 9 speed in the joint ford/GM design but Ford decided to remove a gear before production resulting in the 8F35.  It’s a new design but shares a few things with the old 6f35 which was also a joint ford/GM design.  It’s only used with the 2.0eb.

For higher torque they decided to add 2 gears to the old 6F55 resulting in the 8f57.

Well look at this

GM FOLLOWS FORD IN DITCHING ITS 9-SPEED AUTOMATIC

• 3 months later...
On 12/19/2023 at 5:25 AM, AM222 said:

Any clue when the refreshed Explorer will make its official debut? 
Pre-production units have been running around without camo for half a year. lol
2024-ford-explorer-front-view-spy-photo.

Production starts around the middle of May