New Car Broken Odometer

LemonFord

Purchased new MACH-E with an undisclosed inaccurate faulty odometer statement. It seems it was a manufacturer delivered it to the dealership with a broken odometer. I was delivered the vehicle 12/21/2022 which was delivered to my home 48 miles from the dealership. The Odometer never read past 10.8 Miles unless in motion and reset every time the key reset. It was broken before purchase or delivery. The service for this had to be done at a different dealership due to scheduling but the vehicle no longer has an actual mileage reading which significantly effects the vehicle value.  I have contacted the dealership that sold the vehicle, the one that worked on it, and ford and they all keep referring me to one another not accepting any fault. I have now been without my vehicle for three weeks. I gave no estimated mileage as they state on the service order "seems around correct mileage". I was not offered a loaner due to the length of time for the repair nor any sort of consideration due to the value loss for the manufacturing defect. This car will now have a Not Actual Mileage listing on the disclosure and the title causing a significant financial loss of the vehicle value. I do not consider this resolved and would like to be compensated or the vehicle bought back due to the manufactures defect. 

I never agreed to "seems around correct mileage" 

Has anyone else dealt with this or have any advice, it is going to tank the vehicle value. 

workorder.png

Well it says they fixed it and verified that it didn’t reset.  So what exactly is the problem?

Ford said they took the actual mileage from the computer.  They’re the mfr and it was a warranty repair.  No way this should be reflected on the title.

Modern electronic dash displays have the actual mileage stored in multiple memory locations in the vehicle computer.  This prevents rollback and serves as a backup in case the odometer or other parts of the dash fail.  It would appear that 1503 km was the actual vehicle mileage, and the service writeup was nothing more than a confirmation that distance wasn't unexpected.  There should be no branded title.

There are specific rules to this and so far the dealership who worked on the car said the can not certify this vehicle to actual mileage and told me to contact ford buyback program. Ford support has not responded further since previously saying they were closing my case.