Super Duty Technical Specifications Payload Chart

Sledz

The dealers are of no help on what the differences are on the payload specs on the Super Duty Technical Specs. I am upgrading my F150 to either a 250 or 350 and I want a stickered payload of at least 3200 lbs.

Anybody know how to decipher the GVWR\Payload as it relates to what is ordered? It's on pages 6 & 7 of that document.

1080887410_F350Payloadchart.thumb.jpg.76fee811b9970505d1f4f0060315b8b2.jpg

F350 Payload chart.jpg

Step1: Pick a cab size; regular, super or crew.

Step2: 250 or 350? Gasser? You are only showing the 350s, so I assume you are leaning that way.

Step3: SRW, 4x4?

Step 4: long or short bed.

Step 5:GVWR. look for GVWR pkg with payload 0f 3200 lbs or more. Might shoot for something a little higher for crew cab if you often have passengers.

Example: Crew cab, f350, SRW, 4x4, long bed. The GVWR pkg of 10900 lbs (probably a gas engine) has payload capacity of 3890 lbs.

Hope this helps.

Yes leaning to the F350 as the Max payload for the F250 is 3470lbs according to the chart below and that's I believe the base model with nothin added. I'm planning on Crew Cab, 6.75 Bed. SRW, 7.3, 4x4 .

It would be nice if those Payload specs would relate to a specific version as the GVWR's are all over the place in relation the the payloads. Here is the breakdown of the charts in that document and it doesn't make sense. 

I'd like to order by GVWR if that makes sense and how can you deduce a GVWR/payload of 11,100/4260 vs GVWR/Payload of 11200/3700. A 100lb difference in GVWR yet a 560lb difference in Payload?

Thanks for helping.

payload 250 350.jpg

F250 Payloads.jpg

1 hour ago, Sledz said:

Yes leaning to the F350 as the Max payload for the F250 is 3470lbs according to the chart below and that's I believe the base model with nothin added. I'm planning on Crew Cab, 6.75 Bed. SRW, 7.3, 4x4 .

It would be nice if those Payload specs would relate to a specific version as the GVWR's are all over the place in relation the the payloads. Here is the breakdown of the charts in that document and it doesn't make sense. 

I'd like to order by GVWR if that makes sense and how can you deduce a GVWR/payload of 11,100/4260 vs GVWR/Payload of 11200/3700. A 100lb difference in GVWR yet a 560lb difference in Payload?

Thanks for helping.

If submitting a retail order, including the preferred GVWR is one of the ordering criteria. For my 2013 F-350 SRW, I went for 12,000 lbs.

The different GVWR's will require different options, springs, shocks, etc which can increase the truck's curb weight, reducing the payload. You can check the Dealer Order Guides as well as the Towing Guides. A classic example of payload being less on a more capable truck is the difference between my 2016 F-350 DRW and 2022 F-450 DRW. The F-450 is a substantially more capable truck than the F-350, as it can tow more, but the payload is about 1,000 lbs less, due to options and the F-450 is a more substantial truck. Since I consider both payload and 5th wheel towing, the reduced payload of the F-450 is still well within the max 4,500 lb pin weight I can place on the rear axle.

If payload is your primary consideration, and you need at least 3,200 lbs, I suggest reviewing the Towing Guide and DOG to find a combination with at least 3,500 lbs and preferably as much as 3,700 lbs.

• 2 weeks later...

I think an F-350 gasser in almost any configuration will give you substantially more than 3200 lbs payload, unless you live in a state that would require a 10k GVWR derate. 

My 2021 XLT and 2023 Lariat, both loaded, had/has 4200+ payload, both 7.3 gasser. 11.9k GVWR sticker. 

Edited by 7.3 Gaszilla

• 4 weeks later...

Shoot sorry I thought I responded to my predicament.

Yes a 250 was too borderline for what my "dream" camper will be so I ordered (last week) the F350 with the 7.3 and the dealer figured around 3950 Payload with an 11,900 GVWR. Its amazing I sit and fret about something that I know I should do rather than make the F250 "work" ha ha been there and done that... maybe twice who knows. And your right just get the 350 and I'm done.. Once I signed the paperwork I was relieved. So much money for these but if I wait they will still be more down the road..