2022 F350D Two Year Likes/Dislikes

First, this thing is a freaking beast.  Towing a 13.5 GVWR trailer, 6% grade, no issue.  Even been on steeper grades, actually amount unknown, still no issue

I have the LB, and have a love/hate relationship with it.  Love the extra bed space, IMO, improves the ride, especially while towing.  Hate the turning radius, which is equivalent to the Queen Mary.  Parking lots are also challenging.

Glad I went with 3.31 FDR, it gets into 10th gear on level roads.  With 10spd, there is plenty of starting gear ratio.

Roll top Tonneau, it does take up space in the truck bed, but I absolutely love to be able to stand on it.  I think I might consider a hard folding cover if starting over

LOVE LOVE LOVE adaptive cruise, especially when towing.

I ordered the bumper step, wasn't sure why, but have used it several times.

Installed rear seat release mechanism on drivers side... it should come with this as standard

Trailer TPMS and Camera.  Love both of these, although one TPMS sensor has apparently gone bad.  I leave the camera on while driving, I wish it could be in the side panel on Sync 4 screen like the bed camera.  Also, the sync system is in backup mode while the trailer camera is on the screen, meaning sync voice commands do not work.

Heated seats are nice

All the camera angles really help when parking

I ordered the stupid backup assist, mostly for my wife, but she has yet to use it.  I couldn't make it work when I trialed it before it was released, and I still can't make it work.

Took off the antenna and replaced it with a stubby.

I wish the extended running boards went further back on the LB.  It's touch messing with the hitch.  Bought a tire step for my wife to use when connecting or disconnecting.

• Like 1

• ice-capades changed the title to 2022 F350D Two Year Likes/Dislikes
  • 2 weeks later...

The back up assist requires either stickers for a tag trailer or a sensor to be installed on the fiver pin box for a fifth wheel. It works very well but requires a little skill to get on to it. I would guess that with a little practice most people would be able to back up better using the PTBA than they can without it.

On 10/5/2023 at 8:23 PM, Boss Hog said:

Only thing I dislike is in cold temperatures, remote starting to warm up, the diesel fumes are pretty bad inside the cab.  I only notice it during winter months

Just now read your post, but is the HVAC preset to Recirc, i.e., Last Used Setting, for remote start? Max A/C or Max Defrost default to recirculating the interior air and could be causing exhaust to be entering the cabin. Other modes bring in fresh air and create positive air pressure in the cabin, which makes it harder for fumes to enter. There are two settings for the HVAC system in the Remote Start menu. Check that it is set to AUTO, or that the HVAC system is not in Max A/C or Max Defrost if using Last Used Setting.