NEXT-GEN VW TRANSPORTER TO BE BASED ON FORD E-TRANSIT CUSTOM

Another example of how VW is happy to follow Ford’s Transit platform and the e-Transit variation.

It should be abundantly clear that VW sees no point in developing its own larger vans.

Conversely, VW Caddy is being used as the basis of the new Transit Connect which makes

perfect sense to Ford not to continue with C2 based van. I wonder if Ford will change it’s mind

in a year or so……..

16 hours ago, jpd80 said:

Conversely, VW Caddy is being used as the basis of the new Transit Connect which makes

perfect sense to Ford not to continue with C2 based van. I wonder if Ford will change it’s mind

in a year or so……..

When Ford realizes, if this was our own small van, we could manufacture it in our other regional plants. 
Ford's current vehicle lineup outside North American and Europe can probably be considered as very incomplete. 

7 hours ago, AM222 said:

When Ford realizes, if this was our own small van, we could manufacture it in our other regional plants. 
Ford's current vehicle lineup outside North American and Europe can probably be considered as very incomplete. 

Outside of North America, Europe and China, Ford’s vehicle production is limited to Ranger, Everest and Amorok for VW. Any other Ford vehicles for the Asia Pacific, Africa, South America must now come from those three regions listed above, that’s not really a thing anymore as supply is down to a dribble.

Edited by jpd80

1 hour ago, jpd80 said:

Outside of North America, Europe and China, Ford’s vehicle production is limited to Ranger, Everest and Amorok for VW. Any other Ford vehicles for the Asia Pacific, Africa, South America must now come from those three regions listed above, that’s not really a thing anymore as supply is down to a dribble.

I think there is a Transit assembly operation in Uruguay for South America. But yea... Farley's view is being full line manufacturer in these markets are not worth the trouble. He seems to think these markets are destined to be dominated by Chinese companies so he doesn't want to even engage. Just pull the plug. 

53 minutes ago, bzcat said:

I think there is a Transit assembly operation in Uruguay for South America. But yea... Farley's view is being full line manufacturer in these markets are not worth the trouble. He seems to think these markets are destined to be dominated by Chinese companies so he doesn't want to even engage. Just pull the plug. 

Correct, I missed that one in Uruguay but Ford chose achieving 8% return over saving production in ROW. Ford Europe continues struggling with production for its own market, surely, there is a case for specific C2 products to be manufactured in Thailand or Brazil or perhaps building that third plant in Mexico for global sales.

Edited by jpd80
Correct typos