November has best ever sales month for Lightning

18 minutes ago, Deanh said:

just saw this so well re-visit...its selling extremely well, but wait...so well in fact they are cutting production 50% next year...sarcasm...yep...100%...I can only attest to what I personally witness...its NOT selling...we sold 7 last month, that said THAT was a 50% increase from the Month before which is statistically outstanding correct? ....and the units that sold were mostly PROs...something we have not had a lot of...now we have a plethora, so supply cannot be blamed for lacklustre sales...we now have more BEV F150s than gas...

Did you stop to think that maybe it’s selling much better in other markets?  You can’t predict national sales based on one dealer in one market.  Try to be a little more open minded and look at the bigger picture.

47 minutes ago, akirby said:

Did you stop to think that maybe it’s selling much better in other markets?  You can’t predict national sales based on one dealer in one market.  Try to be a little more open minded and look at the bigger picture.

actually yes I did...but I think that maybe a breakdown would explain the numbers better before jumping to conclusions...how many were fleet orders ?, where were they sold, in what percentages and were they individual sales or were there som bulk orders being fufilled now the PRO is more readily avail...Id say im the one with the open mind because without THAT breakdown numbers means pretty much nothing barring click bait and fanboi applause, and please keep in mind California is THE biggest BEV market in the States...and I also wouldnt jump to any conclusions based on a one months sales jump....so, what is the big picture as youve stated?...1 months uptick or Ford cutting back production due to dwaning demand?....

Edited by Deanh

Production and sales data for remainder of 2023 (4th quarter) was based on approximately 10,000 units per month (see below).  Since original forecast predicted growth to continue through 2024, we would have to assume an average of over 10,000 per month in 2024 was anticipated.

Reports state Lightning production was cut back to 1,600 per week which is around 7,000 per month.  If Ford originally planned on +/- 14,000 per month, as an example, then there can be a 50% reduction to 7,000 and also have growth from 4,400 to 7,000 trucks per month.

All this means (to me at least) is that revised sales forecast for 2024 is not as strong as originally anticipated and communicated to suppliers.

IMG_2199.thumb.jpeg.8e98ff7ea58b2b99f26e115a373d1fd6.jpeg

I would love a breakdown of state to state Sales, the model breakdown, and the % of customers that purchased more than one unit ( to weed out the potential of perhaps one or two or more large orders fulfilled, which would change the perspective somewhat ) Our dealerships numbers are pretty indicative and reflect the States trends...and theres 172 California Dealers, if we all sold 7 ( as we did ) thats 1204 units...which is in line with Californias 25% of the countries BEV sales... and akirby, you are welcome to call me a sceptic. That said..out of all the Electrics I like the Lightning the most...drives fantastic, but from a sales standpoint my thoughts differ somewhat, I hope that changes, but cant say Im brimming with confidence based on what im witnessing. That said....2024 I dont have particularly high hopes for as I have a sense sales across the board will be dropping....hope my gut is wrong.  

1 hour ago, Deanh said:

I would love a breakdown of state to state Sales, the model breakdown, and the % of customers that purchased more than one unit ( to weed out the potential of perhaps one or two or more large orders fulfilled, which would change the perspective somewhat ) Our dealerships numbers are pretty indicative and reflect the States trends...and theres 172 California Dealers, if we all sold 7 ( as we did ) thats 1204 units...which is in line with Californias 25% of the countries BEV sales... and akirby, you are welcome to call me a sceptic. That said..out of all the Electrics I like the Lightning the most...drives fantastic, but from a sales standpoint my thoughts differ somewhat, I hope that changes, but cant say Im brimming with confidence based on what im witnessing. That said....2024 I dont have particularly high hopes for as I have a sense sales across the board will be dropping....hope my gut is wrong.  

It’s ok to be a skeptic but you basically said EVs are dead and nobody wants them and that’s a lie.  Theyre not growing as fast as predicted but they’re still selling and will continue to sell.  So reality is in the middle.

34 minutes ago, akirby said:

It’s ok to be a skeptic but you basically said EVs are dead and nobody wants them and that’s a lie.  Theyre not growing as fast as predicted but they’re still selling and will continue to sell.  So reality is in the middle.

jesus mate...I have never ONCE said they are dead, just they need to be embraced in a more reserved gradual fashion and Ive criticized Fords business model..... their time is not right now,  and definitely NOT in the numbers initially believed by Corporate that bought into their own hype....just down the road, and also not in the timeframe initially predicted...please write that down, I keep reminding you and your forgetting constantly...Ive got the old guy glitch as well, lol... 

Edited by Deanh