2.7 vs 3.0 vs 3.5 engines

Good day all. I have lost track of the architectural history and evolution of the 3.5, the 2.7, and finally the current 3.0 V-6 Ecoboost units we find in the current Explorer ST.

So, is the current 3.0 a de(bored/stroked) version of the 3.5? Or, is the 3.0 an enlarged 2.7? If I recall, there were some significant differences between the 2.7 & 3.5 when the 2.7 was first introduced. Any insight will be greatly appreciated.

Edited by marksboss
typo

I have had all 3 of these engines in various vehicles although my 3.5 was the first gen version.    The 3.5 has very little, if anything, in common with the 2.7 and 3.0 Nano engines.    The Nano engines, although smaller, produce good power due primarily to higher boost in most applications.   I have the 2.7 in my F150 and it is amazingly capable for such a small engine.    It actually gets better mileage than the 3.0 that I had in a Continental in spite of the truck being heavier and less aerodynamic.   Of course, the 10 speed transmission with the .64 overdrive helps the mileage.