Gettelfinger. How much does me make a year?

robertlane

Instead of telling you were to find the information I would like people to guess what he makes per year. Remember he is on more of a salary than hourly. Take a guess at his yearly salary and after several people have guessed I will post the actual amount. I think a lot of you will be suprised at the actual figure. Good Luck.

Those of you who know were to find this information don't ruin it for those who have no idea. I think it will be interesting what people actually think he makes. Also put some guesses in for the Vice Pres..

Anyone know how much Ron Gettelfinger makes per year as the UAW head?

I'll go you one better....

Here is the PDF with the public disclosure of the UAW's balance sheet, including the monetary compensation for the UAW International's officers.

BTW, Ron Gettelfinger made $145,000, and received $13,000 in allowances and business disbursements.

FY 2004 UAW International Public Disclosure

Edited by tg830

Anyone know how much Ron Gettelfinger makes per year as the UAW head?

How dare you ask such a question? Don't you know this makes you anti-union to question union finances?

Actually the LM2 report does disclose an amount Gettelfinger and others are paid but the LM2 report does not give details on how much Gettelfinger or anyone else has spent on travel and expenses. His and other international reps travel and spending expenses are most likely over $200,000.00 a year in addition to there pay. But no UAW official will admit or verify that this is true or not true.

Remember the UAW motto: No Comment! (The UAW officials do not comment (truthfully) on the inner workings of the union, that would be anti-union).

How dare you ask such a question? Don't you know this makes you anti-union to question union finances?

Actually the LM2 report does disclose an amount Gettelfinger and others are paid but the LM2 report does not give details on how much Gettelfinger or anyone else has spent on travel and expenses. His and other international reps travel and spending expenses are most likely over $200,000.00 a year in addition to there pay. But no UAW official will admit or verify that this is true or not true.

Remember the UAW motto: No Comment! (The UAW officials do not comment (truthfully) on the inner workings of the union, that would be anti-union).

The question is double-edged. If you agree, you are a whiner, unappreciative of what the union has done for you. If you disagree, you are part of the hipocrasy that is to become our ruin. The UAW is a business, capable of profit and loss. When we become a deficit, we will be sold down the river. What Gettlefinger does not realize, however, is that our voices can decide if the uaw exists.

Its a given that he is going to have alot of travel expense dont you guys think so? Making 140K a year doesnt sound like alot of money for what he does.

How does he help Louisville assembly plant out? They are the home plant of the explorer since it came out I dont understand.

Why is that anyone's business? How much do you make?

What relevance does that have on how good a job he does?

Seems like an editorial ruse to cause shit.

Money has nothing to do with job performance but if your highly paid I hope your performing. If the UAW membership take a hit as far as head count I hope it is equal on the UAW national side as well. Yea,right!

I would like to see some of the useless committee jobs disappear permanently.

Let me get this straight.... It's OK to bitch about how much Bill Ford and Rick Wagoner make, but it's not OK to bitch about how much a union president makes. That's beyond idiotic.

411: The union needs more transparency! The president is there to represent the interests of the union members. Why should his salary, as a union president, be a secret from the members?

Let me get this straight.... It's OK to bitch about how much Bill Ford and Rick Wagoner make, but it's not OK to bitch about how much a union president makes. That's beyond idiotic.

411: The union needs more transparency! The president is there to represent the interests of the union members. Why should his salary, as a union president, be a secret from the members?

Amen, and why are we paying all of these dues? If our plants close, the UAW is going to go solicit other plants to join the "brotherhood". I do not see the point

who says his salary should be kept secret. If you read your contract it states how much he makes. That's why I don't understand why this thread was started in the first place. If somebody inside the union wants to know what the president makes all they have to do is read a little bit. It might do them some good by picking up some other knowledge along the way.

who says his salary should be kept secret. If you read your contract it states how much he makes. That's why I don't understand why this thread was started in the first place. If somebody inside the union wants to know what the president makes all they have to do is read a little bit. It might do them some good by picking up some other knowledge along the way.

Go to bed !

Edited by MillRight

What makes a person anti-union? Is it just because they question what goes on in regard to their future, or is it just ignorance? Is it no different than us questioning the War in Iraq being neccesary or personal? Where is the Loyalty anyway and Who are we being loyal too? Tell me what does the U.A.W stand for TODAY? all I see at work is a lot of B.S. with everyone complaining about the next person and Union official fighting each another over who knows what.

Right now we're having jobs being balanced out, only to create quality issues and problems that will affect each of us down the line (future) with recalls. and all our union can do is complain about people being in the wrong designated teamroom. I thought that when it came to quality that we, the people had the upper hand . but instead all we can do is watch this company go down with bad decision making.

Am I anti-union for this? complaining about what I feel is wrong and should be corrected if the union does something about it, or should I stand aside and let the domino's fall. Yeah some of you may say that the union gave us this and that , but what about those people that are about to loss their jobs with plant closings. I quess we should just say to them be Loyal and thankful for what you HAD.

Edited by J2D

I was wondering how much he makes due to his comments about what people at the Big Three and suppliers make.

I wonder if the UAW is an outdated business model, which has little effect since we're now in a global economy. Does the UAW really have any clout as to what Ford or GM will do anyway? I mean, Gettlefinder can rattle the troops, but if GM or Ford are going to close a plant in today's environment, what can he or the UAW really do about it. . .can they protect the UAW members' bacon? I am just asking these questions and not making a statement.

Gettlefinger, however, does make a good point about management pay. In THIS country, we've become all too accustomed of paying people who f-companies up. Where is the performance standared any more? What does it take for Doug Steenland to take Northwest Airlines into bankruptcy and still make millions per year along with an annual retirement package of another 1 million per year? Kraft foods had record losses last year, but yet they had the highest executive payouts in their history? Delta pilots have taken so many pay cuts, they are now proposing a murder suicide of the airline.

I'd like to have one those executive jobs - how hard can it be to fuck up a company, but yet make millions per year doing it? What kind of skill does it really take? But THAT'S the corporate culture of this country. Gone are the days when the CEO represented the employees. . . .now the CEO's represent Wall St.

I know went waaaayyyyyyy off topic, but I had to vent a little here. I'm just so tired of corporate America and the incompetence that it represents.

How much do I make a year? I'm part of the middle class - or what's left of it.

Edited by robertlane

Well said Robertlane,

I agree the industry seems to have lost focus as to how to run a company, and more worried about what Wallstreet thinks. Hell the company's stock is already at a all time low and considered junk so I say F'm and do what I do best. satisfy myself and lead my company back to a healthy return with the right products.

We all know that Ford appears to be making a turnaround with new products coming out yet alone Wallstreet still dogs them out anyway. Ford needs to stay focused and worry about keeping what market shares they have now, than worrying about the past.

I mean what did they really expect to happen when they cancelled all those models without replacing them. It's all about using common sense. Look ahead not behind, be a leader and you won't become a follower.

If I'm right the only reason that toyota is catching up with us is because they offer more models and different variants of their models in both their basic and luxury brands. Ford needs to do the same and practice what they preach . Ford offers all types of training in greenbelt, blackbelt ,FPS and etc. all they need to do is start from the plant floor all the way up to management to help turn the company around by gaining everyone's trust and loyalty. They also need to stop all that unnecessary spending that goes on in the plants like making\changing things that don't work only to create a quality problem. whatever happened to doing trial runs of things before spending and doing things. bring back the common sense and maybe, just maybe we can help the turnaround more quickly.

Edited by J2D

I was wondering how much he makes due to his comments about what people at the Big Three and suppliers make.

I wonder if the UAW is an outdated business model, which has little effect since we're now in a global economy. Does the UAW really have any clout as to what Ford or GM will do anyway? I mean, Gettlefinder can rattle the troops, but if GM or Ford are going to close a plant in today's environment, what can he or the UAW really do about it. . .can they protect the UAW members' bacon? I am just asking these questions and not making a statement.

Gettlefinger, however, does make a good point about management pay. In THIS country, we've become all too accustomed of paying people who f-companies up. Where is the performance standared any more? What does it take for Doug Steenland to take Northwest Airlines into bankruptcy and still make millions per year along with an annual retirement package of another 1 million per year? Kraft foods had record losses last year, but yet they had the highest executive payouts in their history? Delta pilots have taken so many pay cuts, they are now proposing a murder suicide of the airline.

I'd like to have one those executive jobs - how hard can it be to fuck up a company, but yet make millions per year doing it? What kind of skill does it really take? But THAT'S the corporate culture of this country. Gone are the days when the CEO represented the employees. . . .now the CEO's represent Wall St.

I know went waaaayyyyyyy off topic, but I had to vent a little here. I'm just so tired of corporate America and the incompetence that it represents.

How much do I make a year? I'm part of the middle class - or what's left of it.

The union outdated in this enviroment of globalization? As far as Im seenin it this is where the unions are the most important. On the way up thier jobs are easy, on the way down, ummm, not so much. Softening the blow, making the companies pay if they dont do something to help out is their job, and as far as Im concerned the CAW has done a fantastic job.There will be a day when Toyota has a decline, all things do. The only question for them will be who will help them?

Hi Charly, hows my friend? Its funny how all my neighbors know how much I make, it seems to be printed in the local, regional and national newspapers every contract time. Your right but, people should mind thier business except that they never do.

$145,000?

So several times a year, Gettlefinger sits down at a table with top execs from Ford, Chrysler and GM who are all making $1 million+ to figure out the future of workers, and some people are questioning whether or not he's making too much money?

He's running a global organization representing thousands of people. No, as a leader whose salary come from union dues, he shouldn't be making a mint, but $145,000 doesn't seem too out of line to me.

Considering that his job is 24-7 and that every minute that he's in office, someone is calling for his head, I don't see a problem with those numbers.

Like him or hate him, Gettlefinger is a union man. He believes in the UAW and would probably be willing to do his job for half of what he's making, but do member really want that? Do you want a guy to go into meetings every day with people who spend more on dry cleaning than he makes in a year?

One of the great innovations of the U.S. Constitution was the concept of a paid legislative branch. In countries where only the wealthy could afford to serve in government, you had government for the wealthy. The few poor and middle class people who got in were prime targets for corruption because they couldn't make ends meet.

So cut Ron some slack. He's making less than Ford's PR manager for the honor to being called some really lovely names on boards like this one.

Bob

$145,000?

So several times a year, Gettlefinger sits down at a table with top execs from Ford, Chrysler and GM who are all making $1 million+ to figure out the future of workers, and some people are questioning whether or not he's making too much money?

He's running a global organization representing thousands of people. No, as a leader whose salary come from union dues, he shouldn't be making a mint, but $145,000 doesn't seem too out of line to me.

Considering that his job is 24-7 and that every minute that he's in office, someone is calling for his head, I don't see a problem with those numbers.

Like him or hate him, Gettlefinger is a union man. He believes in the UAW and would probably be willing to do his job for half of what he's making, but do member really want that? Do you want a guy to go into meetings every day with people who spend more on dry cleaning than he makes in a year?

One of the great innovations of the U.S. Constitution was the concept of a paid legislative branch. In countries where only the wealthy could afford to serve in government, you had government for the wealthy. The few poor and middle class people who got in were prime targets for corruption because they couldn't make ends meet.

So cut Ron some slack. He's making less than Ford's PR manager for the honor to being called some really lovely names on boards like this one.

Bob

Good post.