Goodbye Malibu

Isn't there supposed to be a new Malibu coming soon that's EV only?  I could have sworn I remember seeing this version of the Malibu would end soon but a new EV one was on the way to replace it.

12 minutes ago, silvrsvt said:

Which means what? batteries or platform or what? It sounds like the new Bolt will be a carry over with new batteries?

Probably not a carry-over.  As I understand it, the original Bolt was based on a Chevy Cruze platform that housed LG Chem batteries, motor and electronics.  As mentioned, the new one will probably use the Ultium platform and batteries.

2 hours ago, silvrsvt said:

Which means what? batteries or platform or what? It sounds like the new Bolt will be a carry over with new batteries?

I thought ultium integrated the batteries with the chassis.  So obviously different batteries but other improvements too.

On 5/8/2024 at 8:53 PM, akirby said:

I thought ultium integrated the batteries with the chassis.  So obviously different batteries but other improvements too.

https://www.chevrolet.com/electric/technology

Sounds like lots of marketing mumbo jumbo

I know the Ultium batteries are pouch design vs what is normally used, but rest of it sounds like just software defined. There isn't much that can be shared (platform/sheetmetal wise) between the Silverado EV and Equinox/Blazer EVs, which could be shared, since they are similar in size. It doesn't sound like a skateboard design that has been attached to EV designs in the past.