How separate are L-M dealerships?

I don't know. I would imagine a dualled LM dealership would be more often paired with a Ford dealership than not, but that's just speculation.

You are just a fountain of questions tonight.

In the larger markets Lincoln-Mercury dealers are usually separate from Ford stores. Here in Pittsburgh none are paired with Ford. In the smaller markets they are often paired together. Many of the smaller towns outside the metropolitan area are Ford-Lincoln-Mercury. I believe this was done in the smaller towns where LM dealers had no small cars or trucks to sell. Chrysler-Plymouth did much the same thing with Dodge dealers since only Dodge sold trucks. Now many Chrysler dealers also carry Jeep. GMC was regularly paired with Buick-Olds or Pontiac for the same reason.

Ford, Chevy and Dodge have traditionally been full line, entry level to lower level luxury (LTD, Caprice,Monaco) plus trucks. They coverer enough of the market to stand alone.

Of course other parts of the country may be different.

I don't know. I would imagine a dualled LM dealership would be more often paired with a Ford dealership than not, but that's just speculation.

You are just a fountain of questions tonight.

I have such little knowledge of my own and so I come here to learn more about FoMoCo.

Let me add that I ask this question because we have yet another person saying something about closing out Mercury. Yet... he adds that Lincoln should be put in with Ford dealerships.

If L-M dealerships were already merging w/ Ford dealerships then fine... but it appears that this is not the case for the most part and so doing this would cost so much, considering the ADDITIONAL dealerships that need to close, that it seems like a ridiculous proposal considering Ford's other issues.