Ford to cut production at Michigan SUV plant

This is certainly a product Ford won't need in the near future.

I don't think that's true, I just think vehicles like the Tahoe and Expedition are going back to the sales volume that they used to represent as the Blazer and Bronco, back when they were bought by people that towed, had families, and actually did go off the paved roads to hunt or camp. Hell, maybe they'll go back to being two doors and I might consider one again!

Well, GM has also tried to artificially inflate the sales numbers of the Tahoe by discontinuing the LWB trailblazer/envoy. That leaves the Tahoe as their only "real" three row short SUV. The burban of course, covers the largest end. So, showing that the large GM suvs are doing better may not represent sales stolen from Ford and instead may just represent different vehicles purchases by people already on their lot.

Well, GM has also tried to artificially inflate the sales numbers of the Tahoe by discontinuing the LWB trailblazer/envoy. That leaves the Tahoe as their only "real" three row short SUV. The burban of course, covers the largest end. So, showing that the large GM suvs are doing better may not represent sales stolen from Ford and instead may just represent different vehicles purchases by people already on their lot.

Is Ford artifically inflating LWB Expeditions by discontinuing the Excursion?

Is Ford artifically inflating LWB Expeditions by discontinuing the Excursion?

Errrr...no. The Excursion was supposed to die 1-2 years back, but cutomers kept it going.

What I find funny is that the plant is going to one shift, but both the Nav and the Expy had over 40% sales gains last month.

We are just stuffing them into the dealer lots so, we can justify our exsistance.....Nobody is really buying the things. :redcard: This thing will be discontinued sooner the first thought.... :stirpot: Need to apply for a Mexican visa sooner too.............use your buyout cash to buy a toco stand in Mexico so, you can feed your fellow brothers in the Ford plants there.... :rant:

Errrr...no. The Excursion was supposed to die 1-2 years back, but cutomers kept it going.

What I find funny is that the plant is going to one shift, but both the Nav and the Expy had over 40% sales gains last month.

I get it that those are the gains... but those are also recovery from losses over the Spring and Summer when gas hit $3.

How are sales VYA?