Scalability

I don't know what I said to tick you off, but sorry. This P.M.F.K.A.F. is supposed to be Ford's minivan replacement in the marketplace. So far I like what I've seen, and I think (and hope) Ford will sell a ton of them. With that said, I just don't think it will very competitive when compared the the Sienna, Odyssey, Caravan, etc. and maybe it won't have to be. I just don't think that leaving a big hole in your line-up is a good idea. That's all I was trying to say.

sorry if I seemd upset. That was not necessarily the intent.

I get that this is a minivan replacement... but saying that that doesnt not mean it is a direct replacement nor does it mean its a minivan at all. 4 hinged doors is our first hint that this is a little different. In a few years, CUVs will be taking a huge chunk out of minivan sales as aging boomers and thier aging kids want to get away from the stigma of rectangular drink holders (for juice boxes) and sliding doors.

The "soccer mom" phenomenon will soon become a bad thing.

The Fairlaine can be replace a van... but it needs to replace it into what people want.

United States - Population Under 18

2000 72,293,812

2010 74,431,511

2030 85,707,297

So..... there doesn't appear to be any actual 'peak' in the curve for the foreseeable future.

these numbers dont tell the whole story. Look at the census data by ethnicity. Whites/Blacks will shrink. The numbers growth is Hispanic. Census number crunchers, futurists, economists etc have already deduced that many of that increased number will be poor if not in outright poverty. So don't expect this group to drive any kind of new car market.

The other flaw is to not look at under 18. Look at under 12 for minivan arguments.

My apologies if anyone is offended by this ethnicity discussion. My intent is not to offend on those grounds. These are simply the reality as per census data collection.

Edited by J-150

The other flaw is to not look at under 18. Look at under 12 for minivan arguments.

My family must be an exception to the 'rule' then.

I just leased a new Chrysler T&C this year, and my kids are 14 and 12. It's a 27 month lease, and my wife told me that she definitely wants another one at the end of this lease.

Once the kids and friends hauling is COMPLETELY over, then we may consider something like an Edge due to the seating height my wife likes. I don't expect kid and their gear hauling to be over until they're near 18 or older.

Depending on fuel prices at that point, I'm REALLY going to push her towards some kind of xB-type of vehicle from someone. I'm sure that all the manufacturers are coming up with some kind of entry in that segment.

-Ovaltine

Edited by Ovaltine

The Fairlaine can be replace a van... but it needs to replace it into what people want.

these numbers dont tell the whole story. Look at the census data by ethnicity. Whites/Blacks will shrink. The numbers growth is Hispanic. Census number crunchers, futurists, economists etc have already deduced that many of that increased number will be poor if not in outright poverty. So don't expect this group to drive any kind of new car market.

All depends, Second generation Latinos have a huge increase in their income vs 1st gen Latinos. Unless we totally get indited with Mexicans, that trend should continue