Flowback

lookn4info

Can someone tell me besides the 4 plants that are closing who else is flowing back? Are all the ACH and Visteon plants also in this at the same time?

It looks to me like the ACH Ford employees have preferencial placement over those at the plants that are closing... er I mean "idled".... we're all equal... just some are a little more equal than others I guess.

It looks to me like the ACH Ford employees have preferencial placement over those at the plants that are closing... er I mean "idled".... we're all equal... just some are a little more equal than others I guess.

The flow back papers we got (Sandusky ACH) shows us at 8.5 out of 10 down the list of placement.

"Flowback Volunteers"

Just above new hires

With the buyout numbers I am seeing on the forum, I doubt there will be very many places to flow back to anyway. A lot of plants are cutting people and the buyouts will just cover the cuts.

Yea, then what? Allot of us are in the situation where we must depend on a flow back opportunity, which the company and the union has offered us. They say "No Ford Employee Will Be Involuntarily Separated From Ford Motor Company" But..... If you chose no buyout (voluntary) and you do chose the flow back opportunity they have offered, but there ends up no place to go?? How will you then not be involuntarily separated from Ford??

Yea, then what? Allot of us are in the situation where we must depend on a flow back opportunity, which the company and the union has offered us. They say "No Ford Employee Will Be Involuntarily Separated From Ford Motor Company" But..... If you chose no buyout (voluntary) and you do chose the flow back opportunity they have offered, but there ends up no place to go?? How will you then not be involuntarily separated from Ford??

My opinion "no involuntarily seperated employees" will be gone by contract. PLAIN AND SIMPLE........IF THEY DON'T GET THEIR NUMBERS, THEY WILL GET RID OF ENOUGH PEOPLE TO GET THE NUMBERS. IF YOU ARE LOW SENIORITY AND DON'T TAKE THE BUYOUT MONEY NOW, YOU MIGHT HIT THE ROAD FOR FREE.

My opinion "no involuntarily seperated employees" will be gone by contract. PLAIN AND SIMPLE........IF THEY DON'T GET THEIR NUMBERS, THEY WILL GET RID OF ENOUGH PEOPLE TO GET THE NUMBERS. IF YOU ARE LOW SENIORITY AND DON'T TAKE THE BUYOUT MONEY NOW, YOU MIGHT HIT THE ROAD FOR FREE.

Exactly right !! Low Seniority will go first!! National Seniority is coming just like Chrysler has.

Exactly right !! Low Seniority will go first!! National Seniority is coming just like Chrysler has.

Obviously this is just my opinion but I agree. After everyone is set with the buyouts, they set a national seniority and when future plants close, the people affected go to a plant in their zone that they can roll someone out of. If you can't roll anyone, your history. Just my opinion.

You are wrong on that one. At Chrysler when you transfer to another plant you come to the new plant with date of entry seniority but you keep your company seniority towards retierment.

You are wrong on that one. At Chrysler when you transfer to another plant you come to the new plant with date of entry seniority but you keep your company seniority towards retierment.

You are correct on date of entry seniority..I use to work for Chrysler...and I always thought that was the way with Ford...but I guess Ford is different

We were told at Wixom that the day the line goes down we would be laid off to gen (due to our TC going to Canada). That would push us to #3 on the list for placement, in front of all ACH. Only returns to basic unit and those laid of from a plant that has a vacancy are higher.

OF COURSE WE DO NOT HAVE THAT IN WRITTING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We were told at Wixom that the day the line goes down we would be laid off to gen (due to our TC going to Canada). That would push us to #3 on the list for placement, in front of all ACH. Only returns to basic unit and those laid of from a plant that has a vacancy are higher.

Butthead you have ass fisted the correct into submission.

Also we (people at closing facilities) are flowing back.

Once all Ford facilities have been exhausted through Flowback and Job Bid Process then the Flowback process for ACH will start.

You also have to look at the dates that the retirements will take place and the date that the plant wil close. 5 months is a long time, it's possible that nearly all of the ACH employees will have flowed back by then and there will be no openings to flow back to. This is certainly true if you're skilled trades.

No. If you are still at the plant when it closes, you will be laid off. Who is they? That is nothing I heard. You will not go directly into Gen. Second, look at what you said>>>those laid off from a plant<<<<<<That number will be large with what is going on with MTP. They will have preferential placement, which needs to be exhausted first, before flow back, which is in writing. It is supplemental to the MBA. We will not be ahead of ach, unless the individual seniority is higher, which is how it works. Let me ask you this>>>why would anyone at Wixom sign up for flowback when, if they wait, will be placed on layoff status, thus making preferential placement their better option? Well, your leaders will tell you because the company will try to place you at another location prior to the idling date...well, something tells me that won't happen. Personally, I believe they will get rid of the buyout folks first, and keep what they need to run.

No. If you are still at the plant when it closes, you will be laid off. Who is they? That is nothing I heard. You will not go directly into Gen. Second, look at what you said>>>those laid off from a plant<<<<<<That number will be large with what is going on with MTP. They will have preferential placement, which needs to be exhausted first, before flow back, which is in writing. It is supplemental to the MBA. We will not be ahead of ach, unless the individual seniority is higher, which is how it works. Let me ask you this>>>why would anyone at Wixom sign up for flowback when, if they wait, will be placed on layoff status, thus making preferential placement their better option? Well, your leaders will tell you because the company will try to place you at another location prior to the idling date...well, something tells me that won't happen. Personally, I believe they will get rid of the buyout folks first, and keep what they need to run.

It may be done differently at different plants, but when AAP closed, everyone went directly to GEN. They were told that they would be on unemployment first, untill it ran out. That all changed, and they did go directly to GEN.

What happens to employees at ACH's who don't sign up for buyouts and don't sign up for flowback?

They just keep on chugging along at their plant until closure..then what?

The same thing that happens at other plants that close. They will be Ford employees in GEN or on ILO. They will be in the same boat as the guys at AAP that didnt take a transfer and didnt take a buyout (which are in GEN).

Are you politley saying that they would be screwed?

Im not saying they will be screwed, but I think that anyone who chooses to sit in GEN and passes up a transfer and a buyout, are setting themselves up for trouble. If you dont want to transfer, and you dont want a buyout, what are you expecting? to sit in GEN for the rest of your career? I Know a few guys who stayed in GEN at AAP, and I still wonder what their plan was. I dont think GEN will go away in the next contract, but I think it will be changed. If the company gives an employee an opportunity to stay with Ford, or an opportunity to take a buyout, and they turn both down, I dont think a company should have to pay them full pay to sit on their ass. I guess we will all see waht happens next September.

Once all Ford facilities have been exhausted through Flowback and Job Bid Process then the Flowback process for ACH will start.

Only if your plant is closed before Ford needs people to replace their buyout openings,so if your's dont close ACH will be before you. It's all a timing thing.

Being in GEN or ILO could be a good thing for you.

Edited by Plumbob1

Im not saying they will be screwed, but I think that anyone who chooses to sit in GEN and passes up a transfer and a buyout, are setting themselves up for trouble. If you dont want to transfer, and you dont want a buyout, what are you expecting? to sit in GEN for the rest of your career? I Know a few guys who stayed in GEN at AAP, and I still wonder what their plan was. I dont think GEN will go away in the next contract, but I think it will be changed. If the company gives an employee an opportunity to stay with Ford, or an opportunity to take a buyout, and they turn both down, I dont think a company should have to pay them full pay to sit on their ass. I guess we will all see waht happens next September.
I agree with what you are saying. For me, I'm not in GEN. I'm still working, the company say's that by the end of 08', all ACH's will be sold or closed. I've been offered a transfer (not promised-flowback) but I'm not in GEN. I assume that if and when they close my facilty, I'll have to make that decision of GEN, transfer or "plant closing"clause of 50/10, etc. I agree that if somebody sits in GEN and doesn't agree to transfer, then they will be screwed.

Only if your plant is closed before Ford needs people to replace their buyout openings,so if your's dont close ACH will be before you. It's all a timing thing.

Being in GEN or ILO could be a good thing for you.

Yes, you are correct. If your plant will be opened after flowback get's rolling, then flowback will come first. Edited by fantasyfrank