Top Gear Reviews the Volvo C30

Guest Sixcav

It's based on what car? There will be a test later. Boy oh boy Ford NA is just so missing the boat all the way around man.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WnrOFlNfzc0

Its a C1 platform, which is shares with the S40

I dont see much of a market for a 25K hatchback (S30 rumored price) from Ford myself...

The S40 itself isn't selling all that well either. I like them anyways....

The S40 is kind of odd looking, nobody was really excited about it, on the other hand, the C30 has people going nuts, was a big hit at SEMA, Volvo will sell every one they bring here, I just need to decide which color I want.

I find that comment strange, the S30 looks exactly the same as the S40 from the Front doors forward and has a funky shaped hatchback glass and taillights to it. Its not bad looking, but I perfer the sedan over the hatchback

And this will be yet another variant of the C1 available in the US...although some get huffy about the grill decor....

I don't think it's really the grille decor that I'd get huffy about, so much as the price tag that comes with that grille.

Mazda3 hatches rarely sell below $20K around here, and the Volvo C30 will easily set you back $25K. Ford could sell quite a few C1 Foci hatches if it were possible to list them around $17K, decently-optioned, with the 2.3L Duratec...

:beatdeadhorse: Yeah...if they'd had another Mexican plant available (the Focus built in the US is supposedly at a loss), if they'd decided to move with that chassis 3 years back, if pigs had wings...

:beatdeadhorse:

...sorry, but this horse has gotten beaten to dust for years. Am I thrilled with the lack of a USA C1 Focus? No. Have I accepted the reality and moved on? Since '04.:beatdeadhorse:

Edited by ZanatWork

:beatdeadhorse: Yeah...if they'd had another Mexican plant available (the Focus built in the US is supposedly at a loss), if they'd decided to move with that chassis 3 years back, if pigs had wings...

:beatdeadhorse:

...sorry, but this horse has gotten beaten to dust for years. Am I thrilled with the lack of a USA C1 Focus? No. Have I accepted the reality and moved on? Since '04.:beatdeadhorse:

:hysterical: People still bitch about the lack of the Mondeo stateside, and if that serves as example the bitching will never end over the C1

I'd also be willing to bet that if the redesign in 05 wasn't so half ass you would see a lot less complaining.

Edited by Michael Reynolds