STAP LAYOFF NOTICES

We were told today that the buyouts were to be handed out on this weeks pay stub. The layoff notices will go out to people with 13005 master number which is April 1987,and higher. The people accepting the buyout have till Jan 26/07. The layoffs are slated for April 9/07.

We were told today that the buyouts were to be handed out on this weeks pay stub. The layoff notices will go out to people with 13005 master number which is April 1987,and higher. The people accepting the buyout have till Jan 26/07. The layoffs are slated for April 9/07.

I'm sure your info is correct, but it's funny how straight answers are hard to

come by at work. No two people have the same answer. Lay off numbers and dates

are always different.

:shrug:

800 production, and 106 skilled trades, but I don't remember if there will be more than 800 buyouts.

Regardless, I sure hope they wrap my pink slip up all festive like before they give it to me.................dicks.santa.gif

handing out layoff notices in december is straight out of some christmas movie....."Daddy's losin' his job at the Mill". ....Now i know we've know about this for a while but, what a shitty time to make it official, my morale is sinking very quickly

Thank you. At least there is a timeframe to go off of.

I appreciate it.

handing out layoff notices in december is straight out of some christmas movie....."Daddy's losin' his job at the Mill". ....Now i know we've know about this for a while but, what a shitty time to make it official, my morale is sinking very quickly

I can only imagine the stress you are going through, but look around, you are not alone.

Be extremely thankful you work in a union shop. Yes, you are loosing your job, but you get a FOUR MONTH ADVANCE NOTICE and they ARE offering buyouts. Besides, the writing has been on the wall since September 2001 if you have been looking.

In a non-union shop you would have just found out on friday that you didn't have a job on monday. Please, just be thankful for what we have got.

It's the Ford way.- here's your lay off notice, now go back to your station and

pretend you just didn't get fired. Business as usual.

The corporate jets must be low on jet fuel. Ford had to cash in another 906 jobs.

:rant::rant::rant:

Did they offer you a job for life, just wondering.

Why are people getting so bitter, don't worry about it and enjoy your Christmas.

Who knows what will happen until the buy outs are offered.

Exactly.We knew this was coming and we knew the buyouts were coming.No sense getting up in arms till you know how many of the old dicks turn down the buyout. :stirpot:

Let's hope the meeting January 9th goes well and the buyouts are cancelled and the 2 shifs stay so we can have rotating down weeks

With all do respect... And I mean this most sincerely. Let’s hope we cancel the shift start making Ford money again. It's the only way the company can employ anyone. The way our contract is written NO ONE will loss there jobs INVOLINTARILY they will have to offer everyone either buyouts, transfers, VTEP or inverse lay-offs. I hope we have a smooth transition to 1 shift bring in the Town Car and MORE PEOPLE and give the company a reason to bring new product to this plant. It's easy for me to say all this cause I'm not losing my job right away, but if Ford don't start making money I'm Fuc##$ along with the rest of the plant...

With all do respect... And I mean this most sincerely. Let’s hope we cancel the shift start making Ford money again. It's the only way the company can employ anyone. The way our contract is written NO ONE will loss there jobs INVOLINTARILY they will have to offer everyone either buyouts, transfers, VTEP or inverse lay-offs. I hope we have a smooth transition to 1 shift bring in the Town Car and MORE PEOPLE and give the company a reason to bring new product to this plant. It's easy for me to say all this cause I'm not losing my job right away, but if Ford don't start making money I'm Fuc##$ along with the rest of the plant...

I pretty much agree with everything you said, except one thing.

Let’s hope we cancel the shift start making Ford money again.

We build quality products at STAP and that's about all we can do in the money making dept. Unfortunately Ford has to spend some to make some, and they haven't done a whole lot of spending on this car over the last 5-8 years or longer.

Edited by Charged92