2008 Escape powertrain/engine

silvermike

It has to do with the transmission plant that makes the 4-speed auto (Batavia, Ohio)... The plant is already losing one of its products - the CVT that goes in the 3.0 V6 for the Ford 500 - due to the 2008 re-do which the CVT can't handle the power of the new 3.5 V6. If the Escape went to a 6-speed what would the plant build besides the 2.3 CVT???? The only reason the Escape is sticking with the 4-speed for now is to keep that plant running. Once Batavia closes (I think early '08) the 2009 Escape will get a new trans.

Edited by FuseFord

It has to do with the transmission plant that makes the 4-speed auto (Batavia, Ohio)... The plant is already losing one of its products - the CVT that goes in the 3.0 V6 for the Ford 500 - due to the 2008 re-do which the CVT can't handle the power of the new 3.5 V6. If the Escape went to a 6-speed what would the plant build besides the 2.3 CVT???? The only reason the Escape is sticking with the 4-speed for now is to keep that plant running. Once Batavia closes (I think early '08) the 2009 Escape will get a new trans.

if this is true, it is one of the STUPIDEST reasons I have ever heard of ..

WOW

Igor

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I'm more convinced than ever, this company is run by a bunch of Jackasses. Some good changes were finally made to the Five Hundred under the hood and chassis, yet they can't even change the shape of the taillights in those same 3 years? And while I applaud the improved materials for the interior, why no modernization of the design itself? Cal you imagine Honda doing something like this? And what's with the stupid fender vents, as well as that little chrome front fender thing on the new Focus? Like putting a dress on a pig...