Found On Road Dead Again

KYSkipper

The facts are, Kentucky's lemon law is 12,000 miles, that's it. It doesn't matter if the vehicle is still under warranty, it's 12,000 miles. I've talked to the BBB, Lemonlaw.whatever (they don't operate in Kentucky), and several lawyers. Nobody will touch it because 1. It would cost a fortune to fight the case even if they won 2. Given Kentucky's lax laws, they don't think they can win.

The long and short is, there's nothing for me to do except loose about $20,000 on this deal and buy another truck. Well, Ford may not be willing to do squat for me, but I'm more than willing to share the story of how they treated me. You may not like hearing it, personally, I could care less. Remember, I'm that guy that has been buying Ford vehicles for 20 years. What do you want to bet in the next few days there will be 1 less Ford in my driveway and 1 more something else?

Ford can file bankruptcy, go out of busines, jump in Lake Michigan, I could care less. You can cop that attitude all you want, there are more auto manufacturers than Ford. Ford does not have a monopoly on the business, it has serious competition as evident from it's slip from the #2 automaker to the #4. The attitude they have toward taking care of customers with faulty products will put them down fast.

Skipper

Despite the seriousness of your problem, I would say that you got off easy. Ford cost me 4 months in traction, the loss of several body parts, my ability to work and enjoy life, and my life savings all due to their allowing known defects to remain on the road and blame the drivers rather than take responsibility. I used to think it was the executives and engineers to blame, but after reading the replies you have received in this "employees forum" I have come to realize that everyone connected with Ford could care less about the quality of the products they produce once it has been shipped. Beware, if you write any letters to the top brass at Ford you are not likely to generate a response, but they are definitely likely to use your exact words in a commercial; yep, that crap that billybob spewed about about Ford's commitment to safety can be found on my HD with a date that precedes the commercial. In some worlds that is called plagarism, but I am sure Ford will find a way to shift the blame onto their customer base. I wish you well in resolving your problems, just be glad the problems did not cause any injuries or deaths as Ford would have their high priced attorneys doing everything possible to show it to be totally your fault.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That is all you have been doing is pretending you are an expert. (Pretending is the key word)

I do know how to read the whole test article and can tell it was a rigged test. The new engine might not be as good as before, but it looks like chevy only made theirs about equal to our 'bad' new one.

I know darn good and well they didn't use my Ford in that test. If they had, and S-10 would probably have out pulled it. Having driven both A Powerstroke and a Cummins, I can say without reservation, the Powerstroke couldn't keep up with the Cummin's smoke from 0 to 70. It might catch it after a while above 80 mph, but that's not relevant to most people's pickup truck driving habits or for that matter what the law allows on the highway.

In an unofficial test (mine), the Dodge wins hands down. First of all, the Cummins is QUIET. The Powerstroke doesn't attempt to be quiet. You can actually hold a conversation in the Dodge, swing through the drive through and order a biscuit in the morning. Go to the bank or whatever.

Dodges come with Michelin tires not Generals or Conti Traps or Pirelli's or whatever was cheaper this week. There's no comparrison between the Generals my F250 came with that would not stay balanced and the Michelins.

The Dodge rides like a half ton. The Ford rode about the same as my 95 F250, and you definitely knew you were in a heavy truck. The front end on the Dodge doesn't shimmy on the road like a Ford, steering wheel doesn't shake, and it's smooth. Even with harder seats than the Ford, the Dodge offers a better ride not beating the dickens out of you.

Guess what, the Dodge needs a Gallon less oil than the Ford, it's fuel filter is easily accessible without crawling under the truck, you won't dump fuel on yourself trying to change it. It has a normal lever to operate the water drain not a plug that takes a 6 mm allen head that can't accept a ratchet because it's too close to the drive shaft. No need to go to the Cummins place and buy a special plug to alleviate aggrivation draining the water, they've got it figured out. The air filter is toolless to remove and replace, easily done in a few minutes.

You can see and put your hands on any part on that engine. There's no goam of wires, hoses, and coolant bottles on top of the motor. It doesn't appear that you have to take the cab off to do normal repair work. Fact is, I don't see a reason that you'd have to take the cab off at all. If you needed to, plenty of room to pull the engine.

The first tank of fuel Through my F250 got less than 200 miles at about 8 mpg. Once broke in it climbed to almost 17 mpg if you babied it then when the engine started having problems it fell off to about 14 mpg and never recovered. The Dodge is getting right at 17 mpg so far according to the onboard computer. I suspect it'll eventually get 20 or so mpg. I've yet to see an F250 get that. My 95 gets 18.5 mpg but definitely not the 6.0.

I do have to admit, Ford has an edge on accessories such as running boards, fender flares and bed caps. I guess money had to be spent somewhere. Not like this is something a few hundred bucks at the custom shop can't cure.

Skipper

Despite the seriousness of your problem, I would say that you got off easy. Ford cost me 4 months in traction, the loss of several body parts, my ability to work and enjoy life, and my life savings all due to their allowing known defects to remain on the road and blame the drivers rather than take responsibility. I used to think it was the executives and engineers to blame, but after reading the replies you have received in this "employees forum" I have come to realize that everyone connected with Ford could care less about the quality of the products they produce once it has been shipped. Beware, if you write any letters to the top brass at Ford you are not likely to generate a response, but they are definitely likely to use your exact words in a commercial; yep, that crap that billybob spewed about about Ford's commitment to safety can be found on my HD with a date that precedes the commercial. In some worlds that is called plagarism, but I am sure Ford will find a way to shift the blame onto their customer base. I wish you well in resolving your problems, just be glad the problems did not cause any injuries or deaths as Ford would have their high priced attorneys doing everything possible to show it to be totally your fault.

Which vehicle are you claiming was unsafe?

I don't know about him, but that F250 of mine was not safe.

It lost power and had a serious problem getting going from a dead stop. If you were pulling out into traffic on a 4 lane or some such you might and might not be able to get on out of the way to keep from getting ran over. Sometimes, you'd let the clutch out and it'd go on, sometimes it would hesitate for 10-15-20-who knows how many seconds. Then there was the stalling out deal when you'd let the clutch out and it'd quit because you could stomp the pedal to the floor and it wouldn't rev up. It did the stalling out trick twice on a set of railroad tracks, I just wish it hadn't started back the 3rd time and I'd left it there.

Skipper

I don't know about him, but that F250 of mine was not safe.

It lost power and had a serious problem getting going from a dead stop. If you were pulling out into traffic on a 4 lane or some such you might and might not be able to get on out of the way to keep from getting ran over. Sometimes, you'd let the clutch out and it'd go on, sometimes it would hesitate for 10-15-20-who knows how many seconds. Then there was the stalling out deal when you'd let the clutch out and it'd quit because you could stomp the pedal to the floor and it wouldn't rev up. It did the stalling out trick twice on a set of railroad tracks, I just wish it hadn't started back the 3rd time and I'd left it there.

Skipper

For whatever reason your vehicle was an exception. I know many Ford workers driving 250's without these problems.

It be over. You might hear from the next owner of that piece of junk, but not from me. I left it at the Dodge place. I may be poorer, but I'm done with that aggrivation.

BTW: A computer has very little to do with a turbo that's vanes are stuck because of a misdesigned EGR system and this latest problem, air getting into the fuel lines from somewhere.

Skipper

Hey dumbass!

How many qualified people here gave you great advice?

How many advised you what specifically to look for?

How many told you to just take it to a new dealer? or a non-Ford diesel tech?

Did you do any of these? No. You just bitch and fucking moan. So fuck yourself. You are not prepared to do anything on your end to fix the truck. You just keep taking it back to the same dealer that wont fix it. So fuck yourself already and leave us alone.

You intentionally jumped in front of a moving car. Thta's no ones fault but your own.

And you life savings were lost because you tried to sue Ford to become an instant multi-millionaire after intnetionally jumping in front of a car.

You gambled and lost.

Live with it Mr. Ambulance chasser. Ford should sue you for fraud.

Hey dumbass!

How many qualified people here gave you great advice?

How many advised you what specifically to look for?

How many told you to just take it to a new dealer? or a non-Ford diesel tech?

Did you do any of these? No. You just bitch and fucking moan. So fuck yourself. You are not prepared to do anything on your end to fix the truck. You just keep taking it back to the same dealer that wont fix it. So fuck yourself already and leave us alone.

Let's see,

Someone on here advised me that I'd need to replace the spark plugs, spark plug wires and ignition system on my diesel engine.

Excuse me If I'm still looking for qualified advice.

I have had other diesel mechanics look at it. That's about all anyone other than a Ford garage can do with a 6.0. They are too damn complicated for the dealers to work on them with $150,000 worth of tools specially designed for working on that one engine much less anyone else. In all honesty, nobody other than a Ford Tech has any intention of pulling a cab off a truck just to work on the engine. The shops that regularly take care of my vehicles have very qualified mechanics.

I took my truck to another Ford dealer, it ran 5 days that time instead of the 4 days it ran the time before.

The one guy that advised me that they didn't want people like me driving Ford Trucks might have given the best advice. You might find in the near future I've gotten rid of my 95 F250 and my 03 Expedition and be done with Fords all together.

The fact is, that Dodge 2500 with a Cummins that I'm driving now blows that F250 out of the water, it's not even a close comparison. Last night I went across the mountain and back and just to see if it would, I left it in high gear all the way up. I had absolutely no problem doing it. That switchback turn that I generally had to brake down to 20 mph in the Ford, the Dodge's superior suspension will handle it at 30, and unlike the Ford that I'd have had to drop back to 3rd gear on, I never pulled the Dodge out of Overdrive, the engine never lugged at all.

Oh, that 8 mpg my Ford averaged on it's first tank on it's way to being broken in, or was that broken down, when it climbed up to 14 mpg, My Dodge is sitting on 18 mpg on the first tank right now.

Comparison:

Power: Dodge by far

Economy: Dodge by a good bit

Ride Quality: Dodge by a long shot

Trim Pieces like Running boards and bed rail protection: Ford (Like a few hundred bucks won't cure that)

Ford ought to spend about $40,000 on one of these Dodges and see if they can copy some of it.

Skipper

Let's see,

Someone on here advised me that I'd need to replace the spark plugs, spark plug wires and ignition system on my diesel engine.

I have had other diesel mechanics look at it. That's about all anyone other than a Ford garage can do with a 6.0. They are too damn complicated for the dealers to work on them with $150,000 worth of tools specially designed for working on that one engine much less anyone else. In all honesty, nobody other than a Ford Tech has any intention of pulling a cab off a truck just to work on the engine. The shops that regularly take care of my vehicles have very qualified mechanics.

I took my truck to another Ford dealer, it ran 5 days that time instead of the 4 days it ran the time before.

The one guy that advised me that they didn't want people like me driving Ford Trucks might have given the best advice. You might find in the near future I've gotten rid of my 95 F250 and my 03 Expedition and be done with Fords all together.

The fact is, that Dodge 2500 with a Cummins that I'm driving now blows that F250 out of the water, it's not even a close comparison. Last night I went across the mountain and back and just to see if it would, I left it in high gear all the way up. I had absolutely no problem doing it. That switchback turn that I generally had to brake down to 20 mph in the Ford, the Dodge's superior suspension will handle it at 30, and unlike the Ford that I'd have had to drop back to 3rd gear on, I never pulled the Dodge out of Overdrive, the engine never lugged at all.

Oh, that 8 mpg my Ford averaged on it's first tank on it's way to being broken in, or was that broken down, when it climbed up to 14 mpg, My Dodge is sitting on 18 mpg on the first tank right now.

Comparison:

Trim Pieces like Running boards and bed rail protection: Ford (Like a few hundred bucks won't cure that)

Ford ought to spend about $40,000 on one of these Dodges and see if they can copy some of it.

Skipper

"Power: Dodge by far"

this is why I tell my kids to stay away from crack!!! :stop:

:hysterical::runaway: :beatdeadhorse:

Edited by mule

then why are you here?

You were also told which websites to go to with answers to your questions. The problems ou described are quite common and there is a common repair. We opened the door and you would not walk through it.

Like I said... you just like to bitch and moan. You dont actaully want it fixed. You just want pity.

Comparison:

Skipper

Thought I might give you a head start on your next "my diesel sucks campaign :stats:

Make : DODGE Model : RAM2500 MEGACAB 4X4 Year : 2006

Manufacturer : DAIMLERCHRYSLER CORPORATION

Crash : No Fire : No Number of Injuries: 0

ODI ID Number : 10154488 Number of Deaths: 0

Date of Failure: January 9, 2006

VIN : 3D7KS26C36G...

Component: FUEL SYSTEM, DIESEL

Check to Request Research. Submit below. Get Summary

ODI ID Number : 10160040 Number of Deaths: 0

Date of Failure: June 16, 2006

VIN : Not Available

Component: ENGINE AND ENGINE COOLING:ENGINE:DIESEL

ODI ID Number : 10160318 Number of Deaths: 0

Date of Failure: June 1, 2006

VIN : 3D7KR28C06G...

Component: ENGINE AND ENGINE COOLING:ENGINE:DIESEL

ODI ID Number : 10160318 Number of Deaths: 0

VIN : 3D7KR28C06G...

Component: FUEL SYSTEM, DIESEL

Also if you can get an extended warranty on your trans....get it

Make : DODGE Model : RAM 2500 Year : 2005

Crash : Yes Fire : No Number of Injuries: 0

ODI ID Number : 10140603 Number of Deaths: 0

Date of Failure: September 14, 2005

VIN : 3D3KS28C15G...

Component: POWER TRAIN:AUTOMATIC TRANSMISSION

ODI ID Number : 10142594 Number of Deaths: 0

Date of Failure: November 11, 2005

VIN : 3D7KR28C65G...

Component: SERVICE BRAKES, HYDRAULIC:PEDALS AND LINKAGES

Crash : Yes Fire : No Number of Injuries: 1

ODI ID Number : 10142837 Number of Deaths: 0

Date of Failure: November 14, 2005

Component: AIR BAGS

Crash : Yes Fire : No Number of Injuries: 1

ODI ID Number : 10142837 Number of Deaths: 0

Date of Failure: November 14, 2005

Component: FUEL SYSTEM, GASOLINE

ODI ID Number : 10144037 Number of Deaths: 0

Date of Failure: November 22, 2005

VIN : 3D7KS28C15G...

Component: POWER TRAIN:AUTOMATIC TRANSMISSION:GEAR POSITION INDICATION (PRNDL)

ODI ID Number : 10145362 Number of Deaths: 0

Date of Failure: December 1, 2005

Component: FUEL SYSTEM, OTHER:FUEL INJECTION SYSTEM

ODI ID Number : 10146148 Number of Deaths: 0

Date of Failure: June 30, 2005

VIN : 3D7KS28C05G...

Component: SEAT BELTS:REAR

ODI ID Number : 10148733 Number of Deaths: 0

Date of Failure: August 15, 2005

VIN : 3D7KR28C45G...

ODI ID Number : 10153884 Number of Deaths: 0

Date of Failure: March 27, 2006

VIN : 3D7KS28C15G...

ODI ID Number : 10153902 Number of Deaths: 0

Date of Failure: March 28, 2006

VIN : 3D7KS28C75G...

ODI ID Number : 10154645 Number of Deaths: 0

Date of Failure: March 28, 2006

VIN : 3D7KR28C75G...

ODI ID Number : 10154958 Number of Deaths: 0

Date of Failure: April 10, 2006

ODI ID Number : 10155984 Number of Deaths: 0

Date of Failure: April 24, 2006

Component: STEERING

ODI ID Number : 10156538 Number of Deaths: 0

Date of Failure: May 1, 2006

VIN : 3D7KS28C95G...

ODI ID Number : 10157095 Number of Deaths: 0

Date of Failure: April 30, 2006

VIN : 3D7KS28C65G...

ODI ID Number : 10157357 Number of Deaths: 0

Date of Failure: May 1, 2006

ODI ID Number : 10158965 Number of Deaths: 0

Date of Failure: May 30, 2006

VIN : 3D7KS28CX5G...

Component: ELECTRICAL SYSTEM

ODI ID Number : 10158965 Number of Deaths: 0

Date of Failure: May 30, 2006

Component: LATCHES/LOCKS/LINKAGES:DOORS:LATCH

Crash : Yes Fire : No Number of Injuries: 2

ODI ID Number : 10159339 Number of Deaths: 0

VIN : 3D7KR28C85G...

Component: AIR BAGS

ODI ID Number : 10163015 Number of Deaths: 0

Date of Failure: July 18, 2006

ODI ID Number : 10163398 Number of Deaths: 0

Date of Failure: July 12, 2006

VIN : 3D7KS28C25G...

ODI ID Number : 10165809 Number of Deaths: 0

Date of Failure: August 1, 2006

ODI ID Number : 10167513 Number of Deaths: 0

Date of Failure: September 5, 2006

VIN : 3D7KS28C85G...

ODI ID Number : 10167743 Number of Deaths: 0

Date of Failure: May 10, 2006

ODI ID Number : 10170366 Number of Deaths: 0

Date of Failure: October 10, 2006

ODI ID Number : 10170663 Number of Deaths: 0

Date of Failure: November 17, 2005

VIN : 3D7KS28C55G...

ODI ID Number : 10171361 Number of Deaths: 0

Date of Failure: October 4, 2006

VIN : 3D3KS28C85G...

Component: COMMUNICATIONS:HORN ASSEMBLY

ODI ID Number : 10173262 Number of Deaths: 0

Date of Failure: January 1, 1901

VIN : 3D7KS28C95G...

ODI ID Number : 10174691 Number of Deaths: 0

Date of Failure: November 29, 2006

ODI ID Number : 10174773 Number of Deaths: 0

Date of Failure: July 5, 2005

VIN : 3D7KR28C35G...

Component: SEAT BELTS:FRONT:RETRACTOR

ODI ID Number : 10176190 Number of Deaths: 0

Date of Failure: December 12, 2006

VIN : 3D7KS28C25G...

Component: SUSPENSION:FRONT:CONTROL ARM:UPPER BALL JOINT

Check to Request Research. Submit below. Get

Edited by mule

You dont actaully want it fixed.

I did want it fixed, tried everything I knew to try to get it fixed, it never worked out. When you have a mechanic and Ford engineer tell you they have no idea how to fix it and that the 6.0 is just a piece of junk, I have no idea what else you do other than get ticked off over the money you lost on your purchase.

The fact is, it could have been fixed and both that mechanic and engineer knew what to do to fix it, but Ford and it's cheap skate ways didn't want to pay to do it right and would just authorize as little as possible to attempt to get it back on the road and out of their hair.

The way I see it, Ford cost me about $25,000. No, I'm not going to forget about it and it may be a while before I let Ford forget about it.

Skipper

The way I see it, Ford cost me about $25,000. No, I'm not going to forget about it and it may be a while before I let Ford forget about it.

Skipper

The way I see it, you're dumb and wasted $25,000 by having a temper tantrum and not listening to people.

You should have gone to a non-Ford diesel tech. Had them fix it and get your money back via small claims after Ford could not fix it properly after the first 3 tries... especially when your problem is well known and well documented (including the fixes)

But you are too bull headed to do that aren't you?

The way I see it, you're dumb and wasted $25,000 by having a temper tantrum and not listening to people.

You should have gone to a non-Ford diesel tech. Had them fix it and get your money back via small claims after Ford could not fix it properly after the first 3 tries... especially when your problem is well known and well documented (including the fixes)

Leave him alone...

Ford pay another shop, bull hockey. They wouldn't pay the wrecker to tow it back to their shop when it quit 4 days after they worked on it.

If the problems were that well known, Ford should have done some more research on the problems, solved them and then sold trucks with that engine in it that was dependable. Not sold it, then figure out it wouldn't run and costs a shit load to fix.

Skipper

Ford pay another shop, bull hockey. They wouldn't pay the wrecker to tow it back to their shop when it quit 4 days after they worked on it.

If the problems were that well known, Ford should have done some more research on the problems, solved them and then sold trucks with that engine in it that was dependable. Not sold it, then figure out it wouldn't run and costs a shit load to fix.

Skipper

:finger:

Skipper I remembered why I dont come to BON that often and was absent for long periods.

You might as well give it up. Some of these guys know it all, and they know the story, and they have the answers....

This forum is full of arm chair experts and fools. There is a whole lot of bad advice and in reality isnt really worth a shit for anything other than beating chests.

Sparky, you are ok, but you need to hang at our site. ........ :hysterical:

Skipper

here is the problem.

YOU DON'T FUCKING LISTEN

TAKE YOUR FUCKING TRUCK TO ANOTHER MECHANIC AND PAY FOR IT OUT OF POCKET. THEN TAKE FORD TO SMALL CLAIMS COURT TO GET THE REPAIR REIMBURSED.

Fuck, even if you lose, you pay for the reapir... not the $25k you just lost dumbass.

Holy fuck. ANyone that fucking thick deserves to be taken advantage of.

Skipper I remembered why I dont come to BON that often and was absent for long periods.

You might as well give it up. Some of these guys know it all, and they know the story, and they have the answers....

This forum is full of arm chair experts and fools. There is a whole lot of bad advice and in reality isnt really worth a shit for anything other than beating chests.

Sparky, you are ok, but you need to hang at our site. ........ :hysterical:

I hear you Jeff, but you need to read all of Skippers posts. He's friggin' think as a brick. He has been given the solution to his problems. Yeah Ford is jerking him over. But he was given the solution to his problems.

He is the issue here. Not the armchair mechanics.

I hear you Jeff, but you need to read all of Skippers posts. He's friggin' think as a brick. He has been given the solution to his problems. Yeah Ford is jerking him over. But he was given the solution to his problems.

He is the issue here. Not the armchair mechanics.

He found the solution to the problem. He bought a competitors product.

This is how the majority of Ford owners have been solving this problem.

This is nothing but an unwillingness by FMC to take care of what they very well know was a problem with early 6.0l diesel engines.

Are you not intelligent enough to realize you have just lost a loyal Ford customer?

He found the solution to the problem. He bought a competitors product.

This is how the majority of Ford owners have been solving this problem.

This is nothing but an unwillingness by FMC to take care of what they very well know was a problem with early 6.0l diesel engines.

Are you not intelligent enough to realize you have just lost a loyal Ford customer?

I'm intelligent enough to realize that Ford lost an unintelligent customer. One that doesn't fucking listen. The kind of customer that will never be happy.

But if Skipper thinks the Dodge will be problem free he is in for a rude awakening.

I'm intelligent enough to realize that Ford lost an unintelligent customer. One that doesn't fucking listen. The kind of customer that will never be happy.

But if Skipper thinks the Dodge will be problem free he is in for a rude awakening.

I don't think he is asking for a problem free truck, just one that doesn't break down and strand him and runs properly. I have told you over and over again that the early 6.0l diesels are well known to be problematic, and you just ignore that. I don't think it is the customers fault when this junk doesn't run.

I only took my Ford truck to the dealer once. That was for a bad sensor. First I stopped at my garage and had them scan it and turn off the engine light. Before I got home the light was back on. I took it to the Ford dealer to fix and told them what it was.(it is a couple of minutes to change it) Basically I told them don't bother turning off the light and not fixing it.(what they usually do) What a bunch of whining then started. The service guy told me I wasn't allowed to scan my own truck because it was under warranty. I couldn't believe they would squeal like that about one small repair. The same sensor went bad about 10k miles later and I figured it was easier to repair it at my regular garage. If they would whine about one small sensor I can imagine how they would attempt to weasel out of a large repair.

Edited by Bluecon