2009 Mustang to be built at Dearborn Assembly?

Firedog35

I've heard rumors that Ford has not guaranteed to build the Mustang at AAI past 2008. One reason is that the attendance sucks and that the employees voted down a antendance policy. I have also heard that the lease is up in 2009 for the building, and some of the things in paint shop, PDI etc. is outdated. Just look at the news release that Ford has announced about investing money in Michigan plants , I didnt see Auto Alliance International on there!!!!!! :stirpot::stirpot::stirpot: :shades:

Wixom would be a great place to build the Mustang. If they take it away fom AAI. I am not bashing AAI. Just stating what I heard on this site previously.

I've heard that to about wixom being a possible new home for the Mustang because it is a more modern facility, and that Ford owns the building, whereas they rent the buildig at AAI.

I was told one time by a district rep at AAI , that Ford conducted a study about how long it would take to move the mustang to wixom, it would take three weeks.

I've heard that to about wixom being a possible new home for the Mustang because it is a more modern facility, and that Ford owns the building, whereas they rent the buildig at AAI.

I was told one time by a district rep at AAI , that Ford conducted a study about how long it would take to move the mustang to wixom, it would take three weeks.

And whom do they lease it from?. Do you have proof to back up this comment?

If Wixom was to be tooled for the 2010MY Mustang, It would'nt take 3 weeks. It would already be there. I would bet it would take more then 3 weeks to move the current Mustang to Wixom.

And whom do they lease it from?. Do you have proof to back up this comment?

If Wixom was to be tooled for the 2010MY Mustang, It would'nt take 3 weeks. It would already be there. I would bet it would take more then 3 weeks to move the current Mustang to Wixom.

From what i've been told, they lease the building from RJ Reynolds. I to doubt it would only take 3 weeks.

I see that you own a 2007 shelby, you would puke if you seen how they process those cars. If they need any repair ( most of them do) they park them outside in the mud, or they park them near the paint stacks and a substance they call fall out gets allover the cars in which they have to buff out. Alot of times the interior would be soaked from going thru the car wash and the windows where left down. NOT A VERY GOOD PROCESS :banghead::doh::doh:

From what i've been told, they lease the building from RJ Reynolds. I to doubt it would only take 3 weeks.

I see that you own a 2007 shelby, you would puke if you seen how they process those cars. If they need any repair ( most of them do) they park them outside in the mud, or they park them near the paint stacks and a substance they call fall out gets allover the cars in which they have to buff out. Alot of times the interior would be soaked from going thru the car wash and the windows where left down. NOT A VERY GOOD PROCESS :banghead::doh::doh:

Thats a good way to get people to buy Jap cars. Maybe if you kept your mouth closed all the stupid wouldn't fall out.

I've heard rumors that Ford has not guaranteed to build the Mustang at AAI past 2008. One reason is that the attendance sucks and that the employees voted down a antendance policy. I have also heard that the lease is up in 2009 for the building, and some of the things in paint shop, PDI etc. is outdated. Just look at the news release that Ford has announced about investing money in Michigan plants , I didnt see Auto Alliance International on there!!!!!! :stirpot::stirpot::stirpot: :shades:

Just remember figures do not lie but liers figure. The employees were smart for voting down the attendance policy. That sure would not be the reason for ford to move production of the mustang. so I call BULLSHIT, to this post. :finger::hysterical:

Just remember figures do not lie but liers figure. The employees were smart for voting down the attendance policy. That sure would not be the reason for ford to move production of the mustang. so I call BULLSHIT, to this post. :finger::hysterical:

Call it what you like but I've been there and I know what goes on there. The management is not happy with the very high absenteeism in the plant, on October 31 2005 b shift did not run production because to many employees did not show up for work which pissed Ford off. The quality is poor, safety is bad. Faith Wood ( the plant manager ) even said that AAI is a accident waiting to happen. Certain Superintendants getting time off for shipping cars that had quality issues with them.

I'm aware of how things go at AAI. I know many people that work(ed) there. I think I was fortunate enough to have the "good crew" with my car due to not having found ANY defects. So Im happy thus far. I am also not blind to the FACT Ford is looking feverishly to get Mustang out of AAI. So I do help back up that part of your topic/posts.

The RJ Reynolds thing has popped up so many times and its HORSE-SHIT. Here is something to chew on. AAI used to be known as M.C.C (Michigan Casting Center) which was Ford. Ford has had their hand in Mazda for a long time prior to 96 or even 87. AAI still uses buildings that were apart of MCC.

This link will aid you with the truth. Not everything on Wiki is correct, But this is close enough to make the point..

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AutoAlliance_International

Edited by wildosvt

Just remember figures do not lie but liars figure. The employees were smart for voting down the attendance policy. That sure would not be the reason for ford to move production of the mustang. so I call BULLSHIT, to this post. :finger::hysterical:

:redcard:

Well, What would you say to the figures that show the effect of attendance on quality? And please, Do not make yourself look foolish and say they are not related. :stirpot:

The Mustang is NOT coming to Wixom. They are preparing to put the plant into WARM idle, not to tool up for another vehicle. VO has been out here conducting meeting on the decommisioning and the place is full of TPT's and retired salary supervision. Does that sound like a plant that is getting a new car line. The roof leaks, the equipment has fallen into dis-repair and they are shipping out every piece of salvagable equipment that they can. We have representatives from St. Thomas in here on a regular basis trying to figure out the details of moving our current product. As far as rumors that a Mustang was run down the lines in the Body Shop, it is just that, a rumor. Let Wixom die in peace. :titanic:

Well I don't know one way or the other if the Mustang is going anywhere, but I don't think it will be moving anytime soon. As to why AAI isn't on the money list, is because it isn't a Ford plant. It is my understanding that AAI is an independent company, if any money is going to be spent there, AAI has to invest the money and then recover it from Ford/Mazda when they sell the cars back to the repsective company. The new Mazda 6 program is moving forward, so I don't think that the lease on the building is a problem. There was talk about problems with the city of Flat Rock giving them a hard time about the tax abatement, but that has been settled now. Now there is talk, and it's just talk, that if Ford goes ahead with the Interceptor, or MKR that they will be built at AAI.

Call it what you like but I've been there and I know what goes on there. The management is not happy with the very high absenteeism in the plant, on October 31 2005 b shift did not run production because to many employees did not show up for work which pissed Ford off. The quality is poor, safety is bad. Faith Wood ( the plant manager ) even said that AAI is a accident waiting to happen. Certain Superintendants getting time off for shipping cars that had quality issues with them.

Tell us something that we don't already know. This shit been going on since back in the early 90's and there still building cars. All this crap about pulling out is the same crap they told us back in the late 90's if we didn't become Ford employees. Still open still running STILL ALOT OF BULL SHIT RUMORS !!!!!! Either state FACTS or state nothing at all!!!! Better yet take the buyout and get the F*** out.........Seeya!!!!!!!

:happy feet: :happy feet: :banghead::banghead: :blah: :blah: I must have caught it from you!!!

YOU WHATS UP CRACKHEAD?

hey firedog you really must be getting bored over there in your underware watching tv and playing a lot of video games stinking the place up. your :stirpot: up a lot of shit and starting to piss people off lmfao keep up the great work job well down. :finger::redcard:

Well I don't know one way or the other if the Mustang is going anywhere, but I don't think it will be moving anytime soon. As to why AAI isn't on the money list, is because it isn't a Ford plant. It is my understanding that AAI is an independent company, if any money is going to be spent there, AAI has to invest the money and then recover it from Ford/Mazda when they sell the cars back to the repsective company. The new Mazda 6 program is moving forward, so I don't think that the lease on the building is a problem. There was talk about problems with the city of Flat Rock giving them a hard time about the tax abatement, but that has been settled now. Now there is talk, and it's just talk, that if Ford goes ahead with the Interceptor, or MKR that they will be built at AAI.

This post is so far the smartest post Ive seen, AAI is not a money pit in fact AAI has made money for ford. The reason you don't hear much about AAI is because it is like a separate entity, It is not even a North American plant. AAI is part of Asian Pacific. The Mustang is not going anywhere anytime soon bro, We take a lot of pride in building a bad azz car like this. So do everyone a fave and stop bashing us UAW broz and sissez at AAI... Yes we had a lil problem but it is starting to come together, we are not what you think.... We build great cars that people love and buy so don't hate dude...

FYI this plant runs cars cheaper then most plants why do you think the mustang came here in the 1st place....

FYI this plant runs cars cheaper then most plants why do you think the mustang came here in the 1st place....

Uh? It went to AAI because they were building the Heritage plant and DAP was getting knocked down. They had to throw it somewhere.

AAI does not have the "capacity" to build the Interceptor, MKR, Mustang and Mazda 6.

The Mustang is NOT coming to Wixom. They are preparing to put the plant into WARM idle, not to tool up for another vehicle. VO has been out here conducting meeting on the decommisioning and the place is full of TPT's and retired salary supervision. Does that sound like a plant that is getting a new car line. The roof leaks, the equipment has fallen into dis-repair and they are shipping out every piece of salvagable equipment that they can. We have representatives from St. Thomas in here on a regular basis trying to figure out the details of moving our current product. As far as rumors that a Mustang was run down the lines in the Body Shop, it is just that, a rumor. Let Wixom die in peace. :titanic:

The value of Wixom lies in its state-of-the-art paint shop. For a new product, Wixom would require a $300 million investment for a flexible body shop. However, the paint shop is where the real expense is. That is why the plant is being placed in warm idle. Perhaps at a later date they will retool it for a new program (such as the 2010 Focus replacement).