LORAIN/OHIO ASSEMBLY

Jasper

I thought that our politics in L orain were bad.Let me tell you they were no where near as bad as they are at Ohio Assembly.Everything here is politics.The DEAL CUTING, the disregard for seniority is unbelieveable,it blows my mind.Ther are very few good union reps.You have to wonder how some of them got elected.Being honest I can only talk about the ones on days.If this is the best we can expect then we are in TROUBLE.I wouldn;t give you a plugged nickle for most of them.You never see the chairman.At least we saw Hall or before him Rowe sometimes This guy you never see.The only one that i;ve seen try do do anything is Mike Danovan,the oiher rep we see is Mike Pishone and he is worse than useless.Maybe its me,but somebody needs to do something about these union reps.I'm told that it is the same everywhere.No wonder the UAW is in such bad shape.

• Replies 324
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought that our politics in L orain were bad.Let me tell you they were no where near as bad as they are at Ohio Assembly.Everything here is politics.The DEAL CUTING, the disregard for seniority is unbelieveable,it blows my mind.Ther are very few good union reps.You have to wonder how some of them got elected.Being honest I can only talk about the ones on days.If this is the best we can expect then we are in TROUBLE.I wouldn;t give you a plugged nickle for most of them.You never see the chairman.At least we saw Hall or before him Rowe sometimes This guy you never see.The only one that i;ve seen try do do anything is Mike Danovan,the oiher rep we see is Mike Pishone and he is worse than useless.Maybe its me,but somebody needs to do something about these union reps.I'm told that it is the same everywhere.No wonder the UAW is in such bad shape.

HA HA HA HA YOU MADE A FUNNY. WHERE THE HELL HAVE YOU BEEN? ON NIGHTS WE HAVE FRED THE BULLSHITER PENA. :finger::finger::finger:

Boy that sure is alot different from all the bullshit we heard from all the Transfers here to KTP from Ohio. All we heard was how tough the union was up in Ohio and how all the Kentucky Union Reps were big sellouts. Sounds like the Ohio boys will cut a deal as quick as anyone. One more myth solved. Not suprising.

This makes me kinda sick all union reps in all the plants are the same you have to make them do there job if if all you do is whine online all you get is nothing. I am also not a big fan of Nick but if you don't like the job he is doing tell him

Boy that sure is alot different from all the bullshit we heard from all the Transfers here to KTP from Ohio. All we heard was how tough the union was up in Ohio and how all the Kentucky Union Reps were big sellouts. Sounds like the Ohio boys will cut a deal as quick as anyone. One more myth solved. Not suprising.

We had a chairman who sold his entire membership out so he could get a job up in detroit with the international.He then resigned from the international because his wife wouldn't move to detroit.Talk about being stupid.Kruse is his name.He was known as a quitter before he went to detroit.We heard that the people in detroit didn't know what to do with him.So much for deal cutters.We used to have a good union before the people transferred to KTP.What they told you wasn't bullshit.Just time and the players changed.Between the union and the company it's hard to tell who is screwing you the most.Now I see we have to sacrifice more.Gimme a break.

I got some better shit! Kruse is back and I hear that he's talking bout running for chairman. Whats he gonna sell us out on this time? The rest of the plant? I hope no one falls for his bullshit again! Heard hes talking bout how hes gonna save the plant. I hear his butt buddy Cooper is gonna run with him. Like a friggin lap dog kissing Kennys ass. All anyones gotta do is look at who aint doing there jobs now. These assholes we got in now keep saying that all they gotta do is do there jobs 3 months before the election and the people dont remember nothing else. I hope that aint true but I dont know when I look at some of these assholes that keep getting in. We gotta do something or we aint gonna have a plant. Dont ever forget the last time that Kruse Cooper Bair and Pena were in we lost a whole unit! I think this time they might be working on losing the whole plant. Kruse quits everything he ever does. He quit bargaining. He tried to quit one time when he was running for chairman. He quit when he was chairman sold us out took a job with the international and then quit that. I'll tell you that he and his brokeback mountain buddy Cooper are worse than anything we ever got here or at Lorain.

Looks like Ohio Assembly is in for a rough ride.Rumor on the foor has it that the chairman won't let the b/c's sit in on the negotiations for the COA.What the hell ehe big secret all about?Someone said maybe it's because he wants them out on the floor taking care of problems.Who knows.All I know is that it makes a person wish they were back in Lorain at least we could get help there sometimes.All I want is for people [union]to do their jobs,stop cutting hogs and to let seniority mean something.In this union seniority ain't worth shit.

Looks like Ohio Assembly is in for a rough ride.Rumor on the foor has it that the chairman won't let the b/c's sit in on the negotiations for the COA.What the hell ehe big secret all about?Someone said maybe it's because he wants them out on the floor taking care of problems.Who knows.All I know is that it makes a person wish they were back in Lorain at least we could get help there sometimes.All I want is for people [union]to do their jobs,stop cutting hogs and to let seniority mean something.In this union seniority ain't worth shit.

If all you cry babies would go to the union meetings (which by the way is this Sunday) you would know that the membership voted to allow Nick to negotiate the COA implementation on your behalf. That is why the BC unit is not invited to the party. Now that the members have voted to let Nick handle this COA bullshit, let him handle it.

I thought that our politics in L orain were bad.Let me tell you they were no where near as bad as they are at Ohio Assembly.Everything here is politics.The DEAL CUTING, the disregard for seniority is unbelieveable,

If this is the best we can expect then we are in TROUBLE.I wouldn;t give you a plugged nickle for most of them.You never see the chairman.

but somebody needs to do something about these union reps.I'm told that it is the same everywhere.No wonder the UAW is in such bad shape.

You have just described Norfolk what a useless union. It is no wonder that Norfolk is closing down.

Sounds like your playing politics for somebody that came to Ohio because they could not keep Lorain open.

Maybe if Jack or Tim stayed off the floor , they could have accomplished keeping the plant open.

Sounds like your playing politics for somebody that came to Ohio because they could not keep Lorain open.

Maybe if Jack or Tim stayed off the floor , they could have accomplished keeping the plant open.

Dude it aint like our guys are any better. We got guys on the floor that are more company than the company! I still cant get over Kruse comming back and saying hes gonna run for chairman! IF that dont beat all I dont know what does. I dont care what plant you came from cuz it dont matter no more. It is what it is and were all at OHAP now. We got some real shitty reps and all it means is that the membership gets totally screwed. As usual. I only seen one union guy work to bringing product into the plant. I dont care who you are and were your from if we keep going the way were going were screwed big time!

Talking to a lot of workers,both ohio asembly and lorain [transfers],I got an earful about the union reps,old and new.What was intresting was that most people from both groops had the same opinion about the present ones in office.Remember i'm only able to talk to the people in trim and chassis.The gist of what I got was that they are totally pissed of at most of their reps.They talk about the hog cutting of Fred Pena ,Yates[forget his first name]they say that Samples is useless.Asked about Kruse.Forget it.This guy should carry a gun.The big complaint is the lack of info.They say that Pena is always cutting at others.My opinion for what it's worth is they need to start working for the membership.It's easy to see why people don't want to run for office and why people arelosing faith in the uaw.

Talking to a lot of workers,both ohio asembly and lorain [transfers],I got an earful about the union reps,old and new.What was intresting was that most people from both groops had the same opinion about the present ones in office.Remember i'm only able to talk to the people in trim and chassis.The gist of what I got was that they are totally pissed of at most of their reps.They talk about the hog cutting of Fred Pena ,Yates[forget his first name]they say that Samples is useless.Asked about Kruse.Forget it.This guy should carry a gun.The big complaint is the lack of info.They say that Pena is always cutting at others.My opinion for what it's worth is they need to start working for the membership.It's easy to see why people don't want to run for office and why people arelosing faith in the uaw.

I for one applaud, the people at Ohio Assembly, I hope the whole plant keep's up with the dumb s---. :doh: The bodyshop is what 18 yrs old, what state did the Body AM come from????

Jasper,keep talking,specially to people who have been at Ohio Assembly for some time.You'll soon find out who all the hog cutters are.The newspapers said that Avin Lake had failed in their efforts to land a hog plant.Heck we already have one here at the Ford plant.Our master butcher is FRED PENA.Mind you ther are a few more who will give him a run for his money.While you're at it check on our new returnee to the plant ,Ken KRUSE.He cut the biggest hog of all when he sold out the workers in his unit to get himself a job in Detroit.Now the story goes that he is going to run for chairman again to finish the job.This guy is unbelievable.I'm not a big fan of Nick's but I'll take him any time over someone like Kruse.who would sell out his people again at the drop of a hat.He should have stayed in Detroit.

Jasper,keep talking,specially to people who have been at Ohio Assembly for some time.You'll soon find out who all the hog cutters are.The newspapers said that Avin Lake had failed in their efforts to land a hog plant.Heck we already have one here at the Ford plant.Our master butcher is FRED PENA.Mind you ther are a few more who will give him a run for his money.While you're at it check on our new returnee to the plant ,Ken KRUSE.He cut the biggest hog of all when he sold out the workers in his unit to get himself a job in Detroit.Now the story goes that he is going to run for chairman again to finish the job.This guy is unbelievable.I'm not a big fan of Nick's but I'll take him any time over someone like Kruse.who would sell out his people again at the drop of a hat.He should have stayed in Detroit.

Man, ain't that the truth! You got him running round cutting hogs, Bair in the garage and Pishone too. You take a look at all them no seniority folks working in QC, CAA and retest? Driving off and doing rolls. You can't tell me there ain't no hogs cut there! Suuuuuuuuuuuuueeeeeeeeeeeeyyyyyyyyyyyyyy! Here pig pig! Pig Pena! Thats it! And Ken Kruse is a asshole. He's so full of shit. Whats he gonna do? SHut the rest of the plant down and hope the international gives him anouther chance? Even the international didn't want him once they had him for a little while. Hes a quitter. Xcept for Cooper. Kruse can't seem to quit him or is it the other way round?

Does anybody know how they got all those low seniority peeps out in the garage and inspecting in caa/qc? I seen Jackie G. and a whole bunch of folks out there that cant have enough time to be on those jobs! How did they get there? Is this more of Pena, Bair and Pischone cutting there deals again? Its total bullshit! We aint go no bids up anywhere and these folks are just being slotted in wherever there buddies want to put them. How do we get this fixed? I know they been getting around it by "borrowing" them. That way they dont show up on no drots. More of there back door dealing and hog cutting. There getting real brave since that asshole Kruse came back. I cant believe hes campaigning already. That dude is totally mental. Saying hes getting rid of ALL the appointed folks. For chrissakes Nick needs to put Bair back on the line and put Pena in a area and make him work for a change!

Yeah,have to agree with you about Kruse. He is a nut. Everyone that I talk to are of the same opinion,he should have stayed in Detroit .The probably had no clue as to what to do with him also.I once asked Mark Rose[r.i.p.]asto why he had supported Kruse in the run -off election.He said because K ruse would give him an appointed job and Donovan wouldn't.He also said that K ruse was the DUMBEST person that he ever met and that he was clueless when it came to contract.As for the present bunch,most of them can only survive by hog cutting.This local stopped going by the book a long time ago.They are the reason why a lot of people are turning against the union.

Kenny is the first to tell you to go f*** yourself when you put yourself above the union! We are all in this battle together like it or not! People have a hard time putting whats best for the union a head of what is best for them self. The Company wants us to pick a side and keep the divided, what happened yesterday happened yesterday! We need to learn to move on! Kenny knows the contract inside out, some people get there feelings hurt when the union don't interpret it the way they want them to! If, and only if he runs I think you need to look around and ask can I get better? Only if Nick runs again!!! If not let the past be the past and build on tomorrow! What happened yesterday and last year will not save your jobs today!!!!

Kenny is the first to tell you to go f*** yourself when you put yourself above the union! We are all in this battle together like it or not! People have a hard time putting whats best for the union a head of what is best for them self. The Company wants us to pick a side and keep the divided, what happened yesterday happened yesterday! We need to learn to move on! Kenny knows the contract inside out, some people get there feelings hurt when the union don't interpret it the way they want them to! If, and only if he runs I think you need to look around and ask can I get better? Only if Nick runs again!!! If not let the past be the past and build on tomorrow! What happened yesterday and last year will not save your jobs today!!!!

Dude, Kruse ALWAYS put hisself above the union and the folks on the floor. Ask the folks in pretrim! He was campaigning there the other day and when he was asked about selling us out last time he was in he said he didn't sell us out he was just taking care of hisself. That should tell you all you need to know about him! When it comes to the contract Kruse dont know shit. Hes a f***king idiot and dont give a damn about the membership. Same goes for everyone who was on that structure with him. Hell we didnt care if he didnt interpret the contract the way we wanted we just wanted him to go by the contract in the first place and not make it up as he went along. He sold us out plain and simple and he'd do it again if he gets the chance. Hes a two faced back stabing son of a bitch. Lemme ask you what did he promise you? We only want someone in there whos gonna help lead us forward and save our jobs.

You must be smoking the same stuff as Kruse when you say that he knows the contract inside out.He is STUPID when it comes to contract.He represented me a couple of times and each time I walked away shaking my head.HE sold this membership out , bottomline.Talk to him ,I guarantee he will soon convince you as to how stupid he is.Walk the lines and talk to people ,they;ll tell you all about him.People like him give stupid a bad name.

You must be smoking the same stuff as Kruse when you say that he knows the contract inside out.He is STUPID when it comes to contract.He represented me a couple of times and each time I walked away shaking my head.HE sold this membership out , bottomline.Talk to him ,I guarantee he will soon convince you as to how stupid he is.Walk the lines and talk to people ,they;ll tell you all about him.People like him give stupid a bad name.

For a guy that basterdizes the english language ,as you have done in these ridiculous posts, to call somebody else stupid is comical, to say the least. By no means am I a friend of Ken Kruse, and believe me, he has no chance at winning any elections, but for you to slam all of these people the way that you have been with no way to substantiate it is ridiculous. How do you know these things to be true? Why is it Ed Baire's fault if somebody had been borrowed to cover a "high" seniority job? The jobs in CAA for the most part have been vacated by folks that took package retirements in the past year. Things don't happen overnight. If you had any understanding of the job bid procedure you wouldn't make these foolish claims. Even when jobs are bid they often take a long period of time before they are filled. During this time, who do you think should cover them, you? And to try and qoute Mark Rose? How dare you. You obviously did not know him at all to imply that he would have entertained the thought of supporting Donovan if an appointment were offered him for doing so. He hated that man! Mark loved this local and the people it represented, and wanted to serve it and help it in any capacity he could. I don't think for a second that he thought Kruse to be the greatest savior in UAW history but I do know that he felt with all his heart that he ( Kruse) was the only real choice and therefore supported him in the best interests of this local. Mark Rose held people acocuntable, and Kenny knew that. He got his appontment because Kruse knew he would be good at it, and he was. People like Ed Baire care deeply for this membership as well, only poeple like you don't see that because you're too busy worrying about yourself to see what's good for the whole membership. There can be no better qualification for a union official than a passion for serving the people they represent and the causes that unionism was founded upon. Mark Rose had that passion, and so does Ed Baire. Your self centered interests not being satisfied gives you no right to question that passion, and nobody else the right to listen to you. You sir, have chosen to sip from the grape gauntlet, and that is a decision you can never take back. Shame on you!

For a guy that basterdizes the english language ,as you have done in these ridiculous posts, to call somebody else stupid is comical, to say the least. By no means am I a friend of Ken Kruse, and believe me, he has no chance at winning any elections, but for you to slam all of these people the way that you have been with no way to substantiate it is ridiculous. How do you know these things to be true? Why is it Ed Baire's fault if somebody had been borrowed to cover a "high" seniority job? The jobs in CAA for the most part have been vacated by folks that took package retirements in the past year. Things don't happen overnight. If you had any understanding of the job bid procedure you wouldn't make these foolish claims. Even when jobs are bid they often take a long period of time before they are filled. During this time, who do you think should cover them, you? And to try and qoute Mark Rose? How dare you. You obviously did not know him at all to imply that he would have entertained the thought of supporting Donovan if an appointment were offered him for doing so. He hated that man! Mark loved this local and the people it represented, and wanted to serve it and help it in any capacity he could. I don't think for a second that he thought Kruse to be the greatest savior in UAW history but I do know that he felt with all his heart that he ( Kruse) was the only real choice and therefore supported him in the best interests of this local. Mark Rose held people acocuntable, and Kenny knew that. He got his appontment because Kruse knew he would be good at it, and he was. People like Ed Baire care deeply for this membership as well, only poeple like you don't see that because you're too busy worrying about yourself to see what's good for the whole membership. There can be no better qualification for a union official than a passion for serving the people they represent and the causes that unionism was founded upon. Mark Rose had that passion, and so does Ed Baire. Your self centered interests not being satisfied gives you no right to question that passion, and nobody else the right to listen to you. You sir, have chosen to sip from the grape gauntlet, and that is a decision you can never take back. Shame on you!

Slap, you know I love you to death but I believe that you are way off base here! There are quite a few jobs over in the areas mentioned that have been filled by "borrowing" people on a daily basis. That is a fact. Those jobs need to be either bid, if they are classified jobs, or solicited, if they are labor pool. This has not been done. Many things are in a holding pattern and have been for many months. The old excuse of them waiting on the packages is getting stale. They know who is going and no arrangements have been made for coverage of those jobs and they have done nothing with many jobs that were vacated. As for Mark, I believe that we leave the dead to their eternal rest as I believe that too many people can say what they believed his intentions were. As for Kruse EVER being what was best for this local, I think that it is safe to say that he proved to be nothing but a detriment to this local membership (with very few exceptions). Ed Baire has no passion for anyone but himself. He has had many opportunities to represent this membership at various levels and he has chosen not to do so. I cannot tell you how many times he was not in the plant when he was supposed to be. I cannot tell you how many times either Jerry or I were called in because he was not there. That is factual. It is also true that he has bragged that he only ever had to worry about doing his job 3 or 4 months prior to an election because that's all the membership would remember. Also, I think that it is absolutely ridiculous that Kruse or anyone else would be actively campaigning (as Kruse has been) at this point in time. We are approximately 15 months away from an election, being faced with a possible COA ratification vote, national agreement negotiations and vote, the current state of the company, etc. I think that those issues need to take center stage right now. Slap, dearheart, I have a feeling that we are definitely going to disagree on the politics and politicians facing Local 2000. I've stayed out of it for the last 7-8 months due to family concerns but I'm concerned enough about the situation in our plant and the future of our facility to get involved once more. Take care, Spring