Must Have Features on The New 2009 F-150

bravestar

1.-3 bars grille (massive)

2.-HID swivel headlamps (optional)

3.-lateral vents (like the others new Fords models)

4.-retracting running boards (standard)

5.-new colors

6.-2 tone finish (optional, of course)

7.-wood exterior finish in top line models (no, i´m not crazy. i want some vintage details...he he he ! ,and some hate-love it effect)

8.- More crhome in some versions (hate or love it effect, again)

9.- tailgate step, of course.

10.- Some kind of trunk ,like the one in the Honda semi-truck, with key

11.- Cover for the cargo area. Soft, and hard cover....maybe some kind of retractil cover...electrical????

12.- 2, yes, 2 different diessels. 4.0 lt medium and 6.5 lt big diesel engines

13.- 1 big, really big gas engine ( maybe 8 lt V10 with 400 or 450 HP)

12.- Optional 2 buckets rear seats, reclinable, in the luxury versions

13.- cooling-heated stering wheel

14.- Soft touch interior materials

15.- real wood in some luxury versions

16.- All wood intrument panel , like Jaguar( again, love or hate it effect)

17.- All aluminium instrument panel (optional in some upscale versions)

18.-Front, lateral,knees,courtain airbags...STANDARD

19.- Standard traction control

20.- Standard, of course, 4 disc brake with ABS

21.-some kind of Edge´s Vistaroof, in the extended cab versions

22.-Multiple storage space in the bed ,for workers. Small ones, big ones storage spaces

23.- The now common cargo extension for the bed. But what about the VERTiCAL extension alongside the wall of the bed?? For lights items ,but to many for the hight of the bed ( i hope you can understand me !)

1.-3 bars grille (massive)

2.-HID swivel headlamps (optional)

3.-lateral vents (like the others new Fords models)

4.-retracting running boards (standard)

5.-new colors

6.-2 tone finish (optional, of course)

7.-wood exterior finish in top line models (no, i´m not crazy. i want some vintage details...he he he ! ,and some hate-love it effect)

8.- More crhome in some versions (hate or love it effect, again)

9.- tailgate step, of course.

10.- Some kind of trunk ,like the one in the Honda semi-truck, with key

11.- Cover for the cargo area. Soft, and hard cover....maybe some kind of retractil cover...electrical????

12.- 2, yes, 2 different diessels. 4.0 lt medium and 6.5 lt big diesel engines

13.- 1 big, really big gas engine ( maybe 8 lt V10 with 400 or 450 HP)

12.- Optional 2 buckets rear seats, reclinable, in the luxury versions

13.- cooling-heated stering wheel

14.- Soft touch interior materials

15.- real wood in some luxury versions

16.- All wood intrument panel , like Jaguar( again, love or hate it effect)

17.- All aluminium instrument panel (optional in some upscale versions)

18.-Front, lateral,knees,courtain airbags...STANDARD

19.- Standard traction control

20.- Standard, of course, 4 disc brake with ABS

21.-some kind of Edge´s Vistaroof, in the extended cab versions

22.-Multiple storage space in the bed ,for workers. Small ones, big ones storage spaces

23.- The now common cargo extension for the bed. But what about the VERTiCAL extension alongside the wall of the bed?? For lights items ,but to many for the hight of the bed ( i hope you can understand me !)

The Boss 6.2 NA will come first. The Boss 6.2 GTTDI 4V will come in 2011/2012 @ 625 ft lbs of torque.

3.7 Cyclone NA for 2008. 3.5 GTTDI for 2009. 390 ft lbs/350 HP.

And........

1.- electrical tailgate (option)

2.- complete down rear window

3.- Lateral sunshade rear (option)

4.- no-key option (card in bucket)

5.- a retro (optional in some versions) instrument panel with rectangular and linear spedo ( like my father Galaxie...hehehehe !)

6.- Standard navigation sistem

7.- premium leather interior in top models, with instrument panel top , all door panel and center console in leather

8.- Real step-side version, with no-flush tailligths and complete wheel-free bed

How about 30 mpg.... standard?

I keep saying it, that the first vehicle maker to get a full sized truck or SUV achieve 30 mpg is going to be given a license to print $$$!

-Ovaltine

Do you really think that is possible? Even with the most gutless engine I think it would still use more gas than that because of the weight and the (lack of) aerodynamics. My Taurus was shaped like a bubble, weighed two thirds as much as a F150, and had a 3 liter V6, but still did only 28mpg. I know technology has changed but what your talking about defies the laws of physics. And Ford, please don't take this as a suggestion to build a (cough) hybrid, a truck needs to do work, and in 10 years all the electric bits in a hybrid will break doing a truck's work. The 4.4 TDV8 should be a good balance of performance and economy IMO, but 24mpg would be optimistic, I think. Nice thought though, I agree that 30mpg is a kind of threshold at which you stop caring about getting in the car for a drive; you don't think twice about making any trip.

Do you really think that is possible? Even with the most gutless engine I think it would still use more gas than that because of the weight and the (lack of) aerodynamics. My Taurus was shaped like a bubble, weighed two thirds as much as a F150, and had a 3 liter V6, but still did only 28mpg. I know technology has changed but what your talking about defies the laws of physics. And Ford, please don't take this as a suggestion to build a (cough) hybrid, a truck needs to do work, and in 10 years all the electric bits in a hybrid will break doing a truck's work. The 4.4 TDV8 should be a good balance of performance and economy IMO, but 24mpg would be optimistic, I think. Nice thought though, I agree that 30mpg is a kind of threshold at which you stop caring about getting in the car for a drive; you don't think twice about making any trip.

you are rigth...if you want 30 mpg, buy an Aveo

• 5 weeks later...

How about seats that may not last 300,000 miles, but are comfortable for the first 300,000 miles? Yeah, the stains are a pain in the @$$, but the uncomfortable seats are a bigger pain in the @$$...

Attractive factory wheels

Stronger belly guards and rubber guards

a HMS that doesn't leak

HID's

Flat-opening rear doors on the SCab's

Match the Tacoma- Ford guys won't buy a GM for the most part, but they will consider the Toyota