KCAP C Crew screwed by Chairman

KCAP C CREW

SUV Down Time

The Company has officially announced that the week of Monday, November 17th will be a down week for SUV. Employees assigned to “C” crew will be surveyed regarding whether to allow C-Crew production for Sunday, November 16th to be rescheduled for dayshift so they can begin their lay-off on Sunday evening rather than Monday morning.

KCAP regular C crew shedule Monday nights, Friday saturday, Mornings, Sunday nights.

Jeff Schmidt has allowed the company to change shifts once now attempts to make it permanent whenever lay off week occurs. Not considering those whom elected him Family and religious committments. This will sure send the UAW to labor to defend good people that once had good work records for trying to honor their right to assemble for worship. I have contacted the ACLU, and they states they must honor request or set a place and give each member that wants time to worship and honor their committments.

Members look forward to info regarding joining a class action law suit.

Guess until then we will work sunday november 16th, december 14, dec 21 all on day shift. wait till they tell you they're changing saturdays to nights next.

I understand your concerns over Nov. 16th and Dec. 14th but why the 21st of Dec.? If you are already going to be down the week of Dec. 15th wouldn't that mean you are on layoff the 21st of Dec.? I'm not sure what the actuall laws are concerning working Sundays nor do I attend church on a regular basis, but don't most churches offer more than one mass per week, and if so couldn't you attend one of the other times or days? Sorry if I offended anyone but I think the majority of the people would rather work the dayshift Sunday than the night shift. All I hear from people now is how they hate working 2 days on days and then 2 days on nights. This would allow everyone to work 3 days on days before the layoff. Just my opinion though since I don't have a horse in this race. If the ALCU gives you anything in writing I would be interested where to find it though. Thanks and Godspeed.

I understand your concerns over Nov. 16th and Dec. 14th but why the 21st of Dec.? If you are already going to be down the week of Dec. 15th wouldn't that mean you are on layoff the 21st of Dec.? I'm not sure what the actuall laws are concerning working Sundays nor do I attend church on a regular basis, but don't most churches offer more than one mass per week, and if so couldn't you attend one of the other times or days? Sorry if I offended anyone but I think the majority of the people would rather work the dayshift Sunday than the night shift. All I hear from people now is how they hate working 2 days on days and then 2 days on nights. This would allow everyone to work 3 days on days before the layoff. Just my opinion though since I don't have a horse in this race. If the ALCU gives you anything in writing I would be interested where to find it though. Thanks and Godspeed.

http://www.riverfronttimes.com/2001-12-19/...rk-and-no-pray/

Maybe this will help you, it's a hard battle but there is something there. It might be easier to change shifts if you have the seniority. I do understand but i believe you wont get anywhere on here.

SUV Down Time

The Company has officially announced that the week of Monday, November 17th will be a down week for SUV. Employees assigned to “C” crew will be surveyed regarding whether to allow C-Crew production for Sunday, November 16th to be rescheduled for dayshift so they can begin their lay-off on Sunday evening rather than Monday morning.

KCAP regular C crew shedule Monday nights, Friday saturday, Mornings, Sunday nights.

Jeff Schmidt has allowed the company to change shifts once now attempts to make it permanent whenever lay off week occurs. Not considering those whom elected him Family and religious committments. This will sure send the UAW to labor to defend good people that once had good work records for trying to honor their right to assemble for worship. I have contacted the ACLU, and they states they must honor request or set a place and give each member that wants time to worship and honor their committments.

Guess until then we will work sunday november 16th, december 14, all on day shift. wait till they tell you they're changing saturdays to nights next.

funny thing: I was at the Union Meeting listening to Jeff speak about how many people called voicing their opinion about NOT wanting to work Sunday evening. So he said the committeepeople would begin a SURVEY to see where the majority lies. Only for Nov. 17 would the change happen, and maybe if the Dec. layoff sticks.

Here's the other funny thing: I don't recall ANYONE standing up at the Union Meeting to tell Jeff they did not agree with the change, not even for a few days out of the year. Yesterday would have been a great chance for you to talk to Jeff face-to-face instead of slander him on blueoval.

God Bless

Guess until then we will work sunday november 16th, december 14, all on day shift. wait till they tell you they're changing saturdays to nights next.

That is how it will be on C-crew, It Is permanent practice for layoff weeks and Monday holidays so get use to it or bump to days or afternoons. Ya might as well tell the ACLU that they are screwing you on Thankgiving and Easter while your talking to them, because I expect to see you on here bitching then as well.

The right to assemble to worship is not in the Agreements between UAW and the Ford Motor Company (I looked but could not find it), last I knew that was a United States Constitiutional right not a right you get working for a company.

Excuse me if I am being harsh but come on bro be real, you can not go to an evening service ? what.... God does not work Sunday nights ? or Saturday nights for that matter.

Most people I know choose C-crew because 1; they want the 10% premium 2; Do not have enough time to hold days and still want to see there families 3; Both 1 and 2.

There are sarifices that have to be made no matter what shift you work, so i guess the question really is what is the most important to you? then make youre shift choice based on that.

Good Luck with the ACLU thing and with the law suit, I would not expect much from either If I where you.

Also if youre gonna bitch about something that actually has some contractual language, check your overtime my guess is C-crew people are getting charged time and a half for Saturdays and double time for Sundays even though thats their normal working days. You might have a better chance at getting some change with that.

Edited by lquidspine

hey i am nondenominational heathen i say work and be glad you have a job in this economy lots of brother and sisters laid off would be glad 2 have a job. god's open 24 /7 he understands whats going on and would not have these trials if he new you could not handle it. besides 90% of the people after the survey will say they want to work days and by majority you will loose then what so pray for guidance. and stop causing dissent .

don't worry with the downtime SUV side is having C-Crew will be cut before long.....If any luck people like you who bitch about having a job will be cut too.....In times like this you should be glad you are working!!!!!

You got it RIGHT... :beatdeadhorse:

Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, which is governed by The U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission, not so simply states that an employer can NOT discriminate against a employee based on Sex, Religion, Race Etc... It also states that employers are not required to treat anyone different due to Sex, Religion, Race Etc.... nor does the company have to give special privileges to employees that request them due to their Sex, Religion, Race Etc... I'm not an attorney but I did read the majority of Title VII and didn't see anything requiring the company to give any employee time off to worship. Just my opinion on how Title VII reads. Good Luck.

Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, which is governed by The U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission, not so simply states that an employer can NOT discriminate against a employee based on Sex, Religion, Race Etc... It also states that employers are not required to treat anyone different due to Sex, Religion, Race Etc.... nor does the company have to give special privileges to employees that request them due to their Sex, Religion, Race Etc... I'm not an attorney but I did read the majority of Title VII and didn't see anything requiring the company to give any employee time off to worship. Just my opinion on how Title VII reads. Good Luck.

Ford Motor use to require maintenance,to work mandatory overtime on Sunday.Grievances were filed by employees relating to religious practices and the deterioration of family life.After a long hard battle the company decided to make overtime voluntary.I transferred to a plant that had in place a COA which required employees to work Saturday and Sunday for time and a quarter.This was a huge giveback by the UAW.Honestly Gettlefinger hit it on the head when he says that we could all work for a dollar an hour and Upper Management would still screw it up.I am not an attorney either.The courts interpret the law.People like money.Judges are not the highly principled champions of our society that they are made out to be for the sake of appearance.

Ha,Ha,Ha People who work at Ford Motor HATE EACH OTHER!

I can not speak for all Ford Employee's , but I do not hate anyone. What I do hate Is people at work with their feeling of self entitlement, this is a major global company but some people feel that Ford owes them everything.

If I had an hours wage for every time I have heard someone bitch on the floor or go to a message board threatening to file a law suit over simple gripes I could retire 15 years early.

I also hate it when people bitch on the floor and then when a union rep or someone in management comes around they don't speak up. Thats the good thing about a message board once your quoted It's there you can try and delete what you posted but once someone quotes you, there is no going back. What was done today and the lack of any reply's by the original poster just show how spineless that person really is.

I mean if that person really felt that way debate it , they obviously came here for a reason. Deleting the entire post only assures me that it is just another shit starter and wont stand by their word.

But hate others..... no thats not me anyway.

Edited by lquidspine